The MT-07 Forum

What did you do to your Yamaha FZ-07 today?

Cruizin

• Premium Member
Gladly @mrpuss ! Www.kfm-motorraeder.de
Great! Thanks! 8-)  
  • Like 1

Crush your enemies. See them driven before you. Hear the lamentations of their women.          Fuss Life.

• Premium Member

I got a nice 250 miler in today, with a ton of canyon carving.
I road from home  (near S.L.C.) to Duchesne, UT via Wolf Creek Pass.
It was my first long trip on the Laam Seat I put on a few weeks ago.  The trip was fantastic, and the seat felt great the whole time.
I did have one minor (could have been major) incident, when a Deer darted across the road in front of me.  I missed him by literally inches, and was expecting impact as I tried to emergency brake and not lock up the wheels.  I could see the panic in the deer's eyes, and the tension in all of the muscles in his hind quarters as he desperately tried to jump past the front of my bike.  It was literally a split second from the time he darted into the road, to his narrow escape to the other side.  My heart was pounding out of my chest for the next mile, then it almost became surreal.  Did that really just happen???  Well, I had twisties to concentrate on, so I couldn't dwell on it.  Fantastic scenery, great road surface, banked turns, and perfect weather.  Now that's what motorcycling is about!
[attachment id=1835" thumbnail="1]

• Like 3

Why can't left turners see us?

Installed the R6 Throttle tube and grip.  The grips don't match but since I'm replacing them in the near future anyways.  It doesn't bother me any.  Man What a difference!  Just loving this bike more and more.  Thanks to the best FZ-07 Forum!

20160626_172150_zpsamebbtn9.jpg20160626_172158_zpsaul8tq0x.jpg20160626_172202_zpselnczxgk.jpg

• Like 1

Guest 2wheeler

I've been running the R6 grip with the FZ grip for over a month now. They are so close, I usually don't even notice it. Besides, it gives the bike character 8-)

I really appreciated the difference immediately with the R6. I'm use to it now, but I was in a Yamaha shop yesterday, and was screwing around with the throttle on a new FZ-07 - stock tube sucks!!!

• Global Moderator

@Mr.Hagen, I have not heard of any problems with the brake lever on this bike. I have a Chinese lever that has been installed for over a year with no problems. I think it can be a problem with some other types of brake systems but not ours. I am sure dl someone will chime in with the full details.

• Global Moderator

@mrhagen, I have not heard of any problems with the brake lever on this bike. I have a Chinese lever that has been installed for over a year with no problems. I think it can be a problem with some other types of brake systems but not ours. I am sure dl someone will chime in with the full details.

@mrhagen , I have not heard of any problems with the brake lever on this bike. I have a Chinese lever that has been installed for over a year with no problems. I think it can be a problem with some other types of brake systems but not ours. I am sure dl someone will chime in with the full details.
Thank you for your reply! If you have had yours for over a year that´s a good indication of them being in the clear. I´ll do some measurements to be safe and install mine when possible :-)

• Premium Member

Installed the Innovv K1 dashcam on Saturday.

89f3601ecb0fc8e622947842dbccc5d7.jpg

7b860760760c078d8bad41911b2a0d21.jpg

1b68134eef1e6761dbef40f16a3b6a97.jpg

I'll have a review in a week or so, once I've put it through its paces.

• Like 6

Hello my fellow FZ07/MT07 owners! 
This is my first post here and today I cleaned my baby up real good after todays ride !

Earlier mods:
Flush mount LED turn signals in the front.
Mini LED turn signals in the back.
LED Flasher relay.
Yoshimura exhaust.
Radiator guard from china. Painted it black.
Grey passenger footpegs.
Fork protectors.
Bar end mirror.
Billet chain adjusters.
Shorty licence plate holder.
Fly Screen.
Some stickers for theft protection. I park her in the streets.
Shorty clutch lever from china. Got a brake leaver laying around but I´ve heard some horror stories about them locking up the front brake over time. Can someone please ease my mind so I can mount it on the bike??
Rubber spray on side covers and heel plates. Wearing off on the heel plates.. Going to have to repaint.

Yo Hagen!

Welcome to the forums! Your ride is looking pretty clean! We have a similar setup, check out my thread in the Photos thread. Yeah I plasti dipped my kick plates and side covers and unfortunately they peel fairly easy. Better to use regular spray paint for metal.

Diggin the look overall though! :)

Guest ChicagoAJ

Crossed the 2000 mile barrier today. Have loved every mile so far, really looking forward to shipping out my ECU this Thursday to 2WDW.

• Like 6

• Premium Member

Hit 1,200 miles Saturday night after pulling into my driveway.

j3MWxO7.jpg

Sunday I mounted the 4 turn signal and tail tidy from Chris on eBay... And today I put the Givi windscreen on my baby :)

CODyNeF.jpg

• Like 5

his face seems pulled and tense
like he's riding on a motorbike in the strongest winds

Guest ChicagoAJ
t06xig.jpg

Update on the sprocket cover. After hearing a slight rattle today on my way to work I noticed 2 out of 3 screws holding the plexiglass in place were gone. Loc-tite or a longer screw with lock washer and nut are going to be needed, I might actually try some rivets if I have any small enough.

Glad I noticed when I did, otherwise I'd have to cut a piece of plexiglass...
  • Like 1

• Premium Member
t06xig.jpg
Update on the sprocket cover. After hearing a slight rattle today on my way to work I noticed 2 out of 3 screws holding the plexiglass in place were gone. Loc-tite or a longer screw with lock washer and nut are going to be needed, I might actually try some rivets if I have any small enough.  

That looks really good. Any pictures of it from further back as in an overall shot of that side? Might have to pick that up myself.

Guest ChicagoAJ
That looks really good. Any pictures of it from further back as in an overall shot of that side? Might have to pick that up myself.
Honestly, any further away and you can barely tell any difference from stock. 

Yo Hagen!  

Welcome to the forums! Your ride is looking pretty clean! We have a similar setup, check out my thread in the Photos thread. Yeah I plasti dipped my kick plates and side covers and unfortunately they peel fairly easy. Better to use regular spray paint for metal.

Diggin the look overall though! :)
Yo bro! 
Thanx for the positive feedback! Trying to keep her as clean as possible :-)
I checked out your thread and that is a pretty awesome Rizoma setup you got there!! Love the details.
And those rearsets you got going on looks hella smooth :-D You should update the thread with som pictures with them on the bike.
I´m painting my stock ones today as well as the heel plates. Got a matte black Rustoleum laying around. I suspect that it will wear off the heel guards tho´. Doesn´t hurt to try.
Thinking about doing the side covers with the rustoleum as well.

Today i painted my footrest assembly, footrests and brake pedal.
Shift pedal, heel guards and side covers are next on the list, but not today...!

kgu2rCC.jpg

8F9OVxv.jpg

Finally got around to putting the motocage on the left side of my ride. That damn woodcraft puck was the hardest thing to wrench off. >:D:-X  Thankfully my local shop guys had the skills to remove it without stripping any bolts!
I also added Driven Racing TT rearsets (set in the highest rear position setting). New set of Woodcraft Clip-Ons 1.5" (set in the down position) to accomodate the new foot ergos. A pair of Woodcraft Engine Crash Cover & Water Pump Crash Cover to keep her as pretty as possible should a lowside occur. Lastly, changed up the rim stripe graphic to stickman vinyls reflective rapid mod design. Overall, I'm super happy with how the FZ has turned out. I've def frankenstein'd her in the 4 short months I've owned it brand new lol. It doesn't even resemble a normal FZ anymore! I'd guess I could say I'm done with mods for now...until I can afford to do a full aftermarket suspension hehe. But thats pricey and will take some time to install. I can look forward to that a few months down the road perhaps.  (rofl)
So far riding with the new hand and foot controls has been an experience. The bike no longer feels like the original version. I find myself leaned way over the front more, which has been a bit more receptive with steering control. But it also makes you feel the road way more, you really gotta watch your body position if you don't want to get the tingly hands feeling from too much vibration. You feel more in a laid forward sportbike position, and I'm still getting used to the change. I have yet to hit the canyons to find out if it really does make the difference in ease of turning through chicanes and fast tight turns. The rearsets have been way comfier with fitting my Sidi race boots. The ergos are really customizable so I have them set perfectly for how I want. I haven't mis-shifted once so far, and the ball bearings are really smooth and a defineable click when you shift. The brakes feel more responsive and effective when depressing the pedal. I don't get much of the mushy stock feeling before it actually engages hard. I'll have to report back when I've taken the FZ out for a hard ride. Let you guys know how effective the new upgrades have actually been. Pics or it didnt happen below! hehe

r1wt41.jpg

14wu4x0.jpg

23si4ub.jpg

1978du.jpg

16k9afb.jpg

• Like 8

'15 Pearl White FZ-07 | Yoshi R77 Exhaust | ECU Reflash | Mad Hornets Shorty Levers | EvoTech Rad Guard | Yamaha Comfort Saddle | TST Industries Integrated Taillight | Motodynamics Fender Eliminator | Yamaha OEM Front LED Signals | Phillips MaxVision 130+ Bulb | OES Front/Rear Axle Sliders | Driven Racing TT Rearsets | Woodcraft 1.5" Clip-Ons | Woodcraft Engine & Water Pump Crash Cover | OEM Motocage Cage | LEDGlow SMD Mini Advanced Lighting Kit | Gilles Tooling Gauge Relocation Kit |

@chicagoaj Thanks man!! Lord knows I've spent enough on her that she better be pretty lol

'15 Pearl White FZ-07 | Yoshi R77 Exhaust | ECU Reflash | Mad Hornets Shorty Levers | EvoTech Rad Guard | Yamaha Comfort Saddle | TST Industries Integrated Taillight | Motodynamics Fender Eliminator | Yamaha OEM Front LED Signals | Phillips MaxVision 130+ Bulb | OES Front/Rear Axle Sliders | Driven Racing TT Rearsets | Woodcraft 1.5" Clip-Ons | Woodcraft Engine & Water Pump Crash Cover | OEM Motocage Cage | LEDGlow SMD Mini Advanced Lighting Kit | Gilles Tooling Gauge Relocation Kit |

@chicagoaj Thanks man!! Lord knows I've spent enough on her that she better be pretty lol

What motocage is that?

@vroomvroom it's the genuine yamaha motocage that comes on the MT-07 Motocage model overseas. I just ordered the cage alone to add to my US FZ07.