The MT-07 Forum

What did you do to your Yamaha FZ-07 today?

Cruizin

• Global Moderator

when i swaped over to the R6 tube...I used the lithium on the main contact points inside the cable/cam housing and a smeared a bit on the bars themselves before installing the tube. my throttle was adjusted so that with almost my full weight on the right side of the bar the grip wouldnt touch my bar end sliders

I plan on putting a small plaatic washer/spacer between the two this time around
I left a good 1/8 inch between the bar-end and the grip so it had some room to shimmy back and forth. I don't mind the slop and I believe it gives me a little room so it won't get stuck unexpectedly by the grip/bar-end.  
I'm just annoyed at this though; if I put my weight onto the tube during a hard stop, then release everything, the tube makes an audible click when I go to take off again like it's suctioned itself to the bars. I'm sure it's just grease in there from the factory tube because I didn't clean it when swapping tubes. Oh well, I'll get to it someday. Tomorrow I ship off my ECU to 2WDW - so maybe when I put that back in. 

Welp... since shes.down for a few days go in and clean her up...
then lube her up

Did you by chance swap grips when you swapped tubes?

Grip glue overrun by chance?

ATGATT... ATTATT, two acronyms I live by.

berettatrio
I like the neon green rim tape. I've been wanting to add some tape to my blurple wheels but can't decide what color, if any, would look good.
I like the look of it too. I need to do it. Thinking about going with white 

Guest ChicagoAJ

I left a good 1/8 inch between the bar-end and the grip so it had some room to shimmy back and forth. I don't mind the slop and I believe it gives me a little room so it won't get stuck unexpectedly by the grip/bar-end.  
I'm just annoyed at this though; if I put my weight onto the tube during a hard stop, then release everything, the tube makes an audible click when I go to take off again like it's suctioned itself to the bars. I'm sure it's just grease in there from the factory tube because I didn't clean it when swapping tubes. Oh well, I'll get to it someday. Tomorrow I ship off my ECU to 2WDW - so maybe when I put that back in. 
Welp... since shes.down for a few days go in and clean her up... then lube her up

Did you by chance swap grips when you swapped tubes?

Grip glue overrun by chance?

I did swap grips, but not on the R6 tube. I swapped the stock grip on the clutch side to an R6 grip. I also used no grip glue - obviously the R6 tube came with the grip already on it but for the clutch side grip I took the stock grip off and used rubbing alcohol to slide the grip into place - maybe a few minutes later when the rubbing alcohol evaporated the grip was on just as solid as the stocker.   

EDIT: It was the grease causing the tube to stick to the handlebar. I cleaned it and put the tube on with no lube and the symptoms were gone. I still went ahead and put on a very thin layer of lithium grease (and the sticking was back immediately), I'll be leaving the grease even though it's semi-annoying. 

@thomascrown - did you have to move your throttle cable housing to make room for that windscreen? Also, what exhaust is that - it almost looks like it's 3 pipes in one of the pictures. Made me do a triple take. 

thomascrown

I had to move the throttle grip housing because the cables were binding at the stock location. Either would have cleared the wind screen.

The pipe is an old Graves Motorsport exhaust. The newest version has full titanium headers. Which I'm going to see if they can give me some kind of discount on since their stainless had corroded to hell.

Guest ChicagoAJ
I had to move the throttle grip housing because the cables were binding at the stock location. Either would have cleared the wind screen.
Huh, that's weird. You try lubing them?

thomascrown
The bar is way lower, it's like a yamaha factory drag bar. You'd have to mess with the lines to make it fit.

Guest ChicagoAJ
The bar is way lower, it's like a yamaha factory drag bar. You'd have to mess with the lines to make it fit.
Ahhh, gotcha. The new bars didn't register to me that that could cause the problem.
  • Like 1

berettatrio

Got rid of that giant thing back there. Put on Motodynamic eliminator with some new indicators 

iF5zgPj.jpg

• Like 5

Guest ChicagoAJ

Ouch, I got a nail in the front of my old bike and it only had a few hundred miles on it total, basically brand new. No tire shop would touch it in regards to patching it. I replaced it, but it's worth it for the peace of mind.

• Premium Member
fz07fanboy

That is a classic easy string plug and keep it moving. You'll have no issues.

• Like 1

• Premium Member
That is a classic easy string plug and keep it moving. You'll have no issues.
+1 

Why can't left turners see us?

• Premium Member
panchobullet

Finally installed the awesome Gilles rearset and lit battery I got from @bellissimoto !.. check out some pics and info in the link below!
http://fz07.org/thread/5821/dark-bellissimoto-love-story?page=1&scrollTo=89148

And you can check DarkY's list of mods and wish list here!
http://fz07.org/thread/4766/chilean-rider-dark-love-story

- Pancho

• Like 2

You've never seen me cause I'm too damn fast!

• Premium Member

Hmm. Left my key on yesterday afternoon. Today I have removed the battery for the first time and trickling it. I coulda bumped it I guess and made it to work, but uno, priorities :). The battery band had me puzzled for a few minutes till my landlord came over and and unhooked it and made me feel like an idiot.

Also last week I finally got my first new set of tires. I went with the Pilot Road 3's again and had a shop put them on because I was getting some bad vibrations from the rear and there was no time to play around with brands or buying tire irons or taking my wheels off for the first time when my car is down.

But man, those tires deserved a good scrubbing and I gave them a 4 hour canyon break-in. Felt so good to have a smooth ride again.

Databyter

So what do you in that case? Get a new tire? Plug it?

I pushed my bike to the nearest garage (30min sweating and swearing) and they fixed it for £38.

Rode with @howlinhoss and his bro! Thanks for letting me tag along guys! Pic of the bikes while breaking for lunch.
9f5e7882f0391f6e41336e4d662e5fe8.jpg

• Like 5

Guest ChicagoAJ

Sprocket cover update [HASH]2, I got a refund for the cover and the seller let me keep it. After riveting the plastic cover and buying new (black heat treated) hardware - it's good to go.

15s4m55.jpg

dm76t0.jpg

• Like 1

• Global Moderator
So what do you in that case? Get a new tire? Plug it?
I pushed my bike to the nearest garage (30min sweating and swearing) and they fixed it for £38.
OUCH... I'm sorry to hear that you dont have a discount tire shop there... they'll patch almost any tire for free... 38 quid is quite the chunk of change, when a new tire costs what... 90-100 quid?

Sprocket cover update [HASH]2, I got a refund for the cover and the seller let me keep it. After riveting the plastic cover and buying new (black heat treated) hardware - it's good to go.  

15s4m55.jpg

dm76t0.jpg
are those bolts plated/sealed? if not... rust will appear

OUCH... I'm sorry to hear that you dont have a discount tire shop there... they'll patch almost any tire for free... 38 quid is quite the chunk of change, when a new tire costs what... 90-100 quid?

15s4m55.jpg

dm76t0.jpg
are those bolts plated/sealed? if not... rust will appear

Around my place I could've got it done for 10 quid. But I was miles away. I still feel lucky that I found that garage still open

mediocrebobcat

Installed the Motodynamic smoked tail light, as well as this tail tidy (https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B017WH494Q/ref=oh_aui_detailpage_o00_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1).

Pretty happy with the results, but the pop rivets for the plastic piece which guards the under part of the tail no longer seem to fit right. Has anyone else had this problem? Even if not, any one have ideas for a solution? I have 2 out of 4 in, but the others won't stay at all.

• Like 1

• Global Moderator
Installed the Motodynamic smoked tail light, as well as this tail tidy (https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B017WH494Q/ref=oh_aui_detailpage_o00_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1). 
Pretty happy with the results, but the pop rivets for the plastic piece which guards the under part of the tail no longer seem to fit right. Has anyone else had this problem? Even if not, any one have ideas for a solution? I have 2 out of 4 in, but the others won't stay at all.

ace hardware or any auto parts store....
You're looking for one of the two following items...
587616fbd8f9094cce1aee897b5384f8.jpg

The Vagabond tail tidy comes with a couple of black plastic washers to take up the slack for the stock fasteners. You're loose because you removed one layer of plastic.

mediocrebobcat

Cool, thanks guys. Just scrounged up all the washers I had laying around, but no dice there. I'll try the hardware store tomorrow. If it comes to it, I'll go the nuts and bolts route.

martyinaustin

rode to McKinney Falls State Park this morning before it got too hot...played around some more w/ the new little gopro. flirted w/ the park ranger. fun morning. here's some
footage of the local wildlife in honor of upcoming sharkweek. yeah, not exactly the Amazon...but...