The MT-07 Forum

What did you do to your Yamaha FZ-07 today?

Cruizin

thumpermanchame22

I Found one for a decent price with blinkers on ebay I just did a video on the install on my friends fz07 as well and the link to the ebay post where i bought it is in the description if your interested. =)

• Like 1

• Global Moderator

hey thumpermanchame22 ! Welcome on board. We were wondering when you would join. There has been some talk here and your awesome youtubes. You might remember me inviting you over in on of the comments.

I moved you post here if you don't mind. You posted it in the rear fender topic but it is about a tail tidy ;)

• Premium Member
Mobil 1 4t racing 10w-40?  How many miles on yours?
That's the stuff. I have 1800 miles on mine.

I actually switched to that oil a few days ago as well. Seems swell and the price was good.
  • Like 1

Everything went braap.

• Premium Member
crazycracka501
I Found one for a decent price with blinkers on ebay I just did a video on the install on my friends fz07 as well and the link to the ebay post where i bought it is in the description if your interested. =)
Welcome Thumpermanchame22, I'm a big fan of the vids.  They really helm nubies like myself who like to ride, but not too familiar with working on my own ride.  Makes it a lot more personal.  Thanks man, keep up the good work!

Make it stop!....Now make it go faster!

scordiaboy515

Received my Puig windscreen in blue today, mounted it and it looks great......sexy! ;)........will post pics tomorrow

Received my Puig windscreen in blue today, mounted it and it looks great......sexy! ;)........will post pics tomorrow
What a tease!  

Hey, wait... It's tomorrow... Where are the pics?!? :P

Life is good on 2 wheels!

scordiaboy515
What a tease!   
Hey, wait... It's tomorrow... Where are the pics?!? :P
  It's up in the parts and accessories thread... 8-) 

rotaryryan24

Put on my newly powder coated radiator guard

deb6d497f7c373dac13b96a2df380ef3.jpg

• Like 1

You do or don't
Then your dead.

To order a tail tidy click
One-off-fabrication.myshopify.com

• Premium Member
Looks good. Take off those hideous reflectors in the front though :) 

rotaryryan24
Looks good. Take off those hideous reflectors in the front though :)

That is on my list for sure
  • Like 1

You do or don't
Then your dead.

Ryan, that does look a lot better PC'd black than it did bare.  I expected it would.  The size doesn't seem nearly as bad.  
  • Like 1

Life is good on 2 wheels!

• Premium Member

Ordered my custom Penske triple clicker rear shock as well as the AK20's from Dan @ Traxxion :)

- Paulie

• Like 2

Ryan, that does look a lot better PC'd black than it did bare.  I expected it would.  The size doesn't seem nearly as bad.  
Need some Proton flush mount like those. (My FZ09 here...)

fb7964cc24123a25807cc86d88afcf69.jpg
  • Like 2

• Premium Member
K&S technologies makes some mini teardrop LED signals that fit perfect like that and follow the Yamaha teardrop to a T.  They make them in clear or smoked lenses.

- Paulie

rotaryryan24
Running & signal lights? Plenty of signals options but not so many are running lights too.

With some simple wiring and relays you can turn any two wire turn signals into a set of day time running lights. I'm leaning towards hand guards with built-in turn signal, then mount up some auxiliary led head lights to fill the holes from the stock signals. Someone here has already done it but I don't remember who.

You do or don't
Then your dead.

• Premium Member
Hey, fox...... 
I'm interested in your opinion of this windscreen and where you found it in stock.

Sent you a PM too.
Revzilla website said it was out of stock but discovered that they had two of them.  It is really more of a short screen than a cowl. It directs air pretty much off the body and up to the helmet area.
P1000412_zpsd2d7bad0.jpg
P1000411_zps4a44d375.jpg
P1000413_zps93f5cb42.jpg
P1000414_zps36a53e79.jpg
As you look at where the top of the screen is in relation to the top of the instrument cluster, keep in mind that the bars have been raised and brought back toward the rider about 1 1/4".  Because the instrument cluster "rests" on the handlebars the instrument cluster is approx. 1 1/4" higher than stock also. 

Fox.... Thanks for the pics of your bike with the GIVI screen installed.

Is there more wind noise inside your helmet at around 70mph with the GIVI screen than without it?

Partially installed the "rotaryRyan" tail tidy. Disassembled the old, swapped the stock lights, not time to reassemble it on the FZ .. got dark too early. All's I can say is "holy, nut, bolts, fasteners and plastic". Nicely made Ryan .. quality fit and finish!

So you are just going to skip over that awesome headlight set up you got going on there huh lol ... jk 
what is that and how do i get it it looks awesome

So you are just going to skip over that awesome headlight set up you got going on there huh lol ... jk 
what is that and how do i get it it looks awesome

Looks like a new shroud within the headlight housing, a HID retrofit and an amber halo. But yea....I'd like to hear more about it as well