The MT-07 Forum

What did you do to your Yamaha FZ-07 today?

Cruizin

• Premium Member
crazycracka501

Need some Proton flush mount like those. (My FZ09 here...) 
fb7964cc24123a25807cc86d88afcf69.jpg
I have to agree, we need more info on that bad arse headlight assembly you've got going on.  Come on man, spill the beans!

Make it stop!....Now make it go faster!

• Premium Member
crazycracka501

Bike went into the shop. Was hearing a metal pinging sound on right side of the engine. The dealer thinks it's the timing chain tensioner. :'(  Good news, if that's the case then it's covered under my Y.E.S. warranty  :D

Make it stop!....Now make it go faster!

Rained up until 2:30 .. but completed the tail tidy assembly. Just need to be methodical with the reassembly. Everything went together GREAT. I did trim the fender piece with my dremel for a tidier look (per Ryan's instructions). No leftover bolts or fasteners :) I'm really pleased with the fit. Everything was measured and manufactured with precision. KUDOS!

Need some Proton flush mount like those. (My FZ09 here...) 
fb7964cc24123a25807cc86d88afcf69.jpg
I have to agree, we need more info on that bad arse headlight assembly you've got going on.  Come on man, spill the beans!
I got it done over there. Pretty amazing and bright too. Chad is the Man over there... not sure if he has the FZ07 yet. Best way is to contact him to figure it out. All I did is ship my whole headlight and he worked is magic then ship it back.

http://www.affordablehidretrofitting.com/retrofit-gallery.html
  • Like 3

Rained up until 2:30 .. but completed the tail tidy assembly. Just need to be methodical with the reassembly. Everything went together GREAT. I did trim the fender piece with my dremel for a tidier look (per Ryan's instructions). No leftover bolts or fasteners :) I'm really pleased with the fit. Everything was measured and manufactured with precision. KUDOS!
I'd love to see a pic of the final look. 

FJR1300A,Triumph S3,Ducati S2R1000
VisitedStatesMap2011.jpg 310820.png

Will post one tomorrow.  Too dark now.

I got it done over there. Pretty amazing and bright too. Chad is the Man over there... not sure if he has the FZ07 yet. Best way is to contact him to figure it out. All I did is ship my whole headlight and he worked is magic then ship it back.  
http://www.affordablehidretrofitting.com/retrofit-gallery.html
Thanks for the rep Marthy! Tons of stuff here too: 
https://www.facebook.com/AffordableHIDRetrofitting

• Like 2

scordiaboy515
.....Paul Lynde, he was so hilarious on the Hollywood Squares :D 

NICE!. 
another one for team icy white.... i call mines.. FALCOR!

but itll most likely get wrapped this weekend so i have to come up with another name lol
  • Like 1

I'm still debating whether or not to remove the passenger peg & mounts.  I've started using the left to hang my helmet as it's a shorter drop to the ground ;) and it's a bit less obvious that it's there.  That said,  I've gone ahead and made the rear brake reservoir hanger and picked up the replacement bolts so the frame threads stay clean.  I had a scrap piece of .062 aluminum that should do the job.

After a bit of pondering how the bracket should look I went to work with hacksaw, file and drill ending up with this
IMG_1997.jpg

Sprayed it with some fine crinkle finish black
IMG_2001.jpg

While the paint is drying I went to the hardware store and picked up some bolts and a lock washer.  This pic shows my fit check template, bolts and scrap AL.
IMG_2005.jpg

Remounted the reservoir temporarily with a zip tie
IMG_2004.jpg

• Like 2

FJR1300A,Triumph S3,Ducati S2R1000
VisitedStatesMap2011.jpg 310820.png

• Premium Member

Installed the M4. Turns out one of the ebay sellers was the dealer I bought my bike from so I just went ahead and picked it up today. The sound clips do zero justice, this thing sounds absolutely killer. I'm leaving the DB killer in.

7GbR6Wp.jpg

• Like 4

Keep the rubber side down and the shiny side up.

Installed the M4. Turns out one of the ebay sellers was the dealer I bought my bike from so I just went ahead and picked it up today. The sound clips do zero justice, this thing sounds absolutely killer. I'm leaving the DB killer in. 

7GbR6Wp.jpg
I like the look of this aftermarket exhaust better than the others out at this time, I may consider yoshi carbon when available. Easy install?
  • Like 1

7GbR6Wp.jpg

I agree 100%. I took my dB killer out just to see what it was like... For sure gonna put it back in, but I might take it back out when I get my EJK. I'm planning on doing my own tuning with the rental AFR meter Dobeck offers. I'm gonna tune for with the dB killer and and for with it out. I like the idea that changing it up is as simple as one allen bolt and a few button presses on the EJK.
  • Like 3

Life is good on 2 wheels!