The MT-07 Forum

What did you do to your Yamaha FZ-07 today?

Cruizin

Rode it 55 miles to work this morning! 52°F @ 80mph is chilly! Tucked in as much as possible and layered up. Hands and knees were the only thing that got really cold.

• Like 1

• Premium Member
Rode it 55 miles to work this morning! 52°F @ 80mph is chilly! Tucked in as much as possible and layered up. Hands and knees were the only thing that got really cold.
Yesterday I was riding in upper 50's and low 60's for about 4 hours. I invested in some Freeze out gear from Cyclegear and I must say it's well worth it. I had the pants on underneath my kevlar pants and the Jacket under my Textile summer jacket with wind breaker liner in. Only part that was cold was my hands but I had summer gloves on. I just hit 2k miles on the bike yesterday. 
  • Like 1

• Premium Member
hippiebikerchick

I bought the Yamaha radiator side covers on eBay and am getting a stock clutch lever from a special guy on the east coast.

Related sort of: I found out the size 3 cycle guys tailbag holds 2 magnums of wine with enough room for cheese and crackers!

• Like 1

Illegitimi non carborundum

Just bought oes sliders to replace my yammy engine guards. Also got a replacement foot peg but when I tried to take the rubber off the old one I stripped a screw really bad so I cut the rubber off and attached it via zip ties to the new foot peg.

• Like 1

Went for an 88-mile sporty ride, dodging all of the damp leaves cluttering the fun roads from heavy rain two days ago, and pulled in the driveway 4 minutes before it started raining. :)

• Like 1

• Premium Member
I bought the Yamaha radiator side covers on eBay and am getting a stock clutch lever from a special guy on the east coast. 
Related sort of: I found out the size 3 cycle guys tailbag holds 2 magnums of wine with enough room for cheese and crackers!

Put on my new Ogio tailbag last night... Inspired by your post, I challenged it to a real life usage test tonight. I am happy to report it was just the right size to hold 2 bottles of wine (750 ml typical size) and a 6pack (bottles).

It's a keeper!

• Premium Member
I got the Ogio tail bag few weeks ago and I very happy with the purchase,got it delivered for 63.00 dollars from this place http://www.bagking.com/ogio-tail-bag-black.html

Yes, I got mine at BagKing too, same price with coupon for signing up for their email list. Was going to drill small holes in the zipper pulls to allow a luggage lock to be used, but the strap quick-disconnects are a problem (take the whole bag instead of just contents). Took a while, but finally was able to get the straps to fit around & under the rear seat for a very clean strapless look. Also folded the bottom bag flap under on the sides so it doesn't hang over the sides. I like it, just need to figure out how to make it a little less theft-friendly.

IMG_20141018_165724_169.jpg
IMG_20141018_165801_724.jpg
Installed Puig black wind deflector and Zeta hand guards couldn't be happier with how it looks. I posted the overhead shot to let people see the clearance with stock levers as you can see plenty of room if you drill and tap handle bar weights to bring them out a bit more.

• Like 4

Finished the "Winter" mods and it's still Fall. ???
The last item we're swapping out is the stock hugger and blacking out the silver side covers. 

IMG_2081.jpg

IMG_2078.jpg

• Like 2

FJR1300A,Triumph S3,Ducati S2R1000
VisitedStatesMap2011.jpg 310820.png

• Premium Member

Painted the center tank panel black today (I had left it as the original white, but it did not quite work with the black cover piece), also posting pic with the new Ogio tail bag mentioned earlier. Pretty well set til spring with the bike - need to start looking into some cold weather gear now.

http://i1382.photobucket.com/albums/ah250/rmdet/tailbag_zps69a72af5.jpg

http://i1382.photobucket.com/albums/ah250/rmdet/tailbagtop_zps3e4a5401.jpg
(caught the bag with my foot getting off and knocked it off center a bit)

• Like 1

• Global Moderator

Haven't been near the bike for almost a week. Rain and low temps, I have never seen this so early before. >:( 

By the looks of it my riding season is over.  :'(

Haven't been near the bike for almost a week. Rain and low temps, I have never seen this so early before. >:(  
Can't you replace the rear tire with a track? (rofl) 

• Global Moderator
I'm am replacing all of it  8-)

IMG_0183.JPG

• Like 5

I'm am replacing all of it  8-) 
IMG_0183.JPG

When it snows do people ride those snowmobiles around town?

• Global Moderator

Yes, they do. But mostly to get to the gas station or store. Roads are being plowed which makes it tricky to steer. I prefer to stay on the trails.

• Premium Member

Luckily, no snow. But it was the foggiest morning so far. Had to keep cracking my shield open so I could see during the slow parts of my commute.

But before all that, woke up half an hour early to clean & lube the chain before heading out to work.

Instagram: @meekmade | You don't need to flat foot a bike to ride it.