The MT-07 Forum

What did you do to your Yamaha FZ-07 today?

Cruizin

• Global Moderator
Put on some Dunlop Q3's! Been running the stock Michelin's but getting a little aggressive on them. Really excited to feel out the duns. Taking her to the track this Friday too! Yay!

I use pr4s for the track last weekend and was pleasantly suprused how much grip they actually had
Gonna try out the power rs come may
Some of the guys st the track say theyre just as good ss a q3 and last longer on the srreet
  • Like 1

ATGATT... ATTATT, two acronyms I live by.

• Premium Member
Put on some Dunlop Q3's! Been running the stock Michelin's but getting a little aggressive on them. Really excited to feel out the duns. Taking her to the track this Friday too! Yay!
I use pr4s for the track last weekend and was pleasantly suprused how much grip they actually had Gonna try out the power rs come may
Some of the guys st the track say theyre just as good ss a q3 and last longer on the srreet
The Q3 is in a different league than the PR4.  I think the Q3 is the best street/trackday tire for the money.  Only tire that's probably better for dual purpose street/track is the Pirelli SuperCorsa SP, but it's not cost effective at almost $100 a set more than the Q3's (It DOES come in a 180/60 though, which is really nice - helps clearance and optimizes geometry a little). 
Just my 2 cents :)

- Paulie
  • Like 2

crescentwrench
I use pr4s for the track last weekend and was pleasantly suprused how much grip they actually had Gonna try out the power rs come may
The Q3 is in a different league than the PR4.  I think the Q3 is the best street/trackday tire for the money.  Only tire that's probably better for dual purpose street/track is the Pirelli SuperCorsa SP, but it's not cost effective at almost $100 a set more than the Q3's (It DOES come in a 180/60 though, which is really nice - helps clearance and optimizes geometry a little). 

- Paulie

Oh man. So. Gotta ask. They gave me the wrong tire for the front. 60 instead of 70. How bad is it going to suck...? Keep in mind I weigh nothing.

crescentwrench
Make sure you update us with how you like them.  I have a couple in the basement that I will probably put on later this year. :)

Will do.
I am accidentally running lower profile on the front so I'll let you know how that goes too...

• Premium Member

- Paulie
Oh man. So. Gotta ask. They gave me the wrong tire for the front. 60 instead of 70. How bad is it going to suck...? Keep in mind I weigh nothing.
I've never tried that combo, but I don't think it's ideal at all... :(

• Global Moderator
I've never tried that combo, but I don't think it's ideal at all... :(
Looking at a 12mm drop in sidewall height, possibly make it a wider profile for front contact. though admittedly im no expert on moto tyres

ATGATT... ATTATT, two acronyms I live by.

crescentwrench

Ok thanks guys.
I started a thread on it for more thoughts and to record findings...

• Premium Member
CRG bar eng mirrors w/Rhinomoto adapters and Ermax bellypan and side covers. 

Nice! Looking spiffy. 
  • Like 1

Crush your enemies. See them driven before you. Hear the lamentations of their women.          Fuss Life.

CRG bar eng mirrors w/Rhinomoto adapters and Ermax bellypan and side covers. 9209609fb561323ca5e7a514f616ac91.jpg

cae38925ee1c87563c316087a201e6f0.jpg

3a9dc87cd2e5ab7c5f59dc8fff0f84bf.jpg
I am curious about those headlights, are they any good at night?
  • Like 1

crescentwrench

Finally put on Vagabond fender eliminator!

Scrubbed in my new Dunlop Q3's.

Relubed the chain..

Annnd...
Dropped it off at my buddy's for loading for track day! Yay!

• Like 6

• Premium Member
Installed rearsets to accompany the more sportier positioned handlebars.  
d534ab22600a41512799742bc8eb6fdd.jpg
I've got those in the ti finish on my bike and they have been great.  Adjusting the brake light was a pain, and I replaced the peg rubbers with OEM, because they wear out fast, and you definitely need to lock-tite all of the bolts, but beyond that, they have been rock solid. 

Why can't left turners see us?

Yes, I've been running Michelin Pilot Powers on my FZ07 for the past 5,000-or-so miles.
I really like them a lot.

• Global Moderator
Yes, I've been running Michelin Pilot Powers on my FZ07 for the past 5,000-or-so miles. I really like them a lot.
How much tire life do you have left?   5,000 miles is more than I would have expected from those tires.  

I forget the exact mileage I'm getting from them, but one pair doesn't make it to 5,000 miles and I'm on my second set.
Considering the grip of the tires, I'm satisfied with the mileage from them.

• Like 1

• Premium Member

Well, I didn't think I was going to do this, but I traded the FZ in. :(
I intended to get it a stable mate in the form of a GSX-S1000F for longer haul duty, but after test riding the GSX, I knew the FZ-07 would be spending way too much time in the bike shed.  So....  I no longer own the FZ-07.  It's been a fantastic bike, and I hope someone gets it that appreciates it.
The GSX is just such a refined machine in comparison, yet it is light and nimble enough to do it all.  I'll miss the FZ-07, but here's my new ride...

[attachment id=2473" thumbnail="1]

• Like 4

Why can't left turners see us?