The MT-07 Forum

What did you do to your Yamaha FZ-07 today?

Cruizin

• Global Moderator
jeffkisthename
Just installed Motodynamic fender eliminator and integrated taillight.  

ImVvILM.gif
I got that. Love it. You must do too.
  • Like 3

SigSide.jpg

Guest 2wheeler

I treated my FZ to a race today. The twist is that it was with a car, and I didn't beat it >:(

OK, so I am out for a ride and I'm on a 4-lane 55mph road with periodic traffic lights. I'm getting the perception that this Mercedes is getting into race mode with a beefed-up 4x4 truck of some sort. I would be wrong.... the freaking guy in the Mercedes was trying to get into a race with me. This went on for 3 traffic lights where on the 3rd one, I said "what the heck". Problem was that I was not going to do a drag start on my FZ. Instead I did a strong start (not full-on) in 2nd gear with the Mercedes initially getting me off the line. I basically caught up and stayed even with him until about 70-80mph when we both backed off. At the next light, I shot the breeze with the guys in the Mercedes. We all had a good laugh, and I made a point to tell them not to get too cocky as they were racing a 2 cylinder 700cc bike, not a true crotch rocket.

So I'm sure by now, you are wondering which Mercedes... it was a late model 550 convertible which did not seem or sound stock by any stretch. My ego, of course, had me immediately check the specs on that car when I got home. In stock form they do a 12.5-13.0 quarter mile. Assuming his was modified, and that the FZ typically does around a 12.0, I feel I did OK against him.

I sometimes amaze myself at how the competitive spirit just doesn't die - Heck, I'm turning 59 this week. Could be in the blood as my Dad was still flying planes at 88 8-)

• Like 6

Took my first ride of the season.
It felt good - I wasn't too rusty and after about an hour's time on the bike, I felt very good.
The bike started right up as normal after sitting for four months and ran perfectly, too.
The bike felt good and overall, it was a pretty dang good time.

• Like 3

Got a bunch done today.
Assembled my motodynamic fender eliminator, but some surgery to some turn signals I had in the stash put installation on hold.
Installed ebay radiator guard.
Installed ebay levers.
Installed motodynamic turn signal relay.
Taped up my tank plastics to prep for a little plasti dip.
Then made a mess of the garage by starting my next experiment seen here:

FZ07_Foam.png

Gotta show these because I'm cautiously optimistic that it will turn out decent.
FZ07_Paint_Prep.png

• Like 3

• Premium Member

Cool! I like projects. :D   Looking forward to more progress pics of these.

Crush your enemies. See them driven before you. Hear the lamentations of their women.          Fuss Life.

Another one from today.
Don't like the designs on the cheap radiator covers on ebay? A dremel makes quick work of that.

FZ07_Dreme.png

• Premium Member
Another one from today. Don't like the designs on the cheap radiator covers on ebay? A dremel makes quick work of that.

FZ07_Dreme.png

Hey! EYEWEAR man!  When dremel bits etc explode...Ive picked chunks of those wheels out of my face (luckily wearing glasses) You need those eyeball things for riding and stuff. Motherly scolding completed. Gloves are a nice touch though. ;) 
  • Like 2

Crush your enemies. See them driven before you. Hear the lamentations of their women.          Fuss Life.

• Premium Member

Contacts are considered eyewear ?... Safety glasses are what he needs...

• Like 1

2015 fz-07- Hordpower Edition...2015 fj-09- 120whp- Graves Exhaust w/Woolich Race Kit- tuned by 2WDW

Guest 2wheeler
Well, I didn't think I was going to do this, but I traded the FZ in. :( I intended to get it a stable mate in the form of a GSX-S1000F for longer haul duty, but after test riding the GSX, I knew the FZ-07 would be spending way too much time in the bike shed.  So....  I no longer own the FZ-07.  It's been a fantastic bike, and I hope someone gets it that appreciates it.
The GSX is just such a refined machine in comparison, yet it is light and nimble enough to do it all.  I'll miss the FZ-07, but here's my new ride...

Wow - there appears to be a wicked case of ChicagoAJ fever going around. Truth be known, after he did all of his talking about the S1000, I checked one out at my LBS. I was saved from the purchase by the curse of being vertically challenged. 
Congrats and Enjoy!

• Like 3

Military time: 0530 hours, bladder barking, it's to the batcave, finish, lay in bed, think of bike, can't go back to sleep, go to garage, change oil in bike, relieved, able to (zzz) .

• Like 3

Beemer

Contacts are considered eyewear ?... Safety glasses are what he needs...
You didn't.  

Beemer

Bought my FZ07 a friend...b243dcfd590b2cb11672a16f9d5bb6b8.jpg5362155d6009c68638ebd6b5d6d39c23.jpga9eccdf3d36888fc96dbfb3ae4efdfbe.jpg
I like the way you think, bro! Beautiful, classy, white! Congrats!! 
  • Like 1

Beemer

• Premium Member

My vaccination against the gsx1000f fever is a FZ-07 IV drip followed by a FJ-09 booster shot...

• Like 2

2015 fz-07- Hordpower Edition...2015 fj-09- 120whp- Graves Exhaust w/Woolich Race Kit- tuned by 2WDW

• Global Moderator
jeffkisthename
Bought my FZ07 a friend...b243dcfd590b2cb11672a16f9d5bb6b8.jpg5362155d6009c68638ebd6b5d6d39c23.jpga9eccdf3d36888fc96dbfb3ae4efdfbe.jpg
I like the way you think, bro! Beautiful, classy, white! Congrats!!
Thanks brotha. Here's another shot for you. I'll take photos of them together with my DSLR sometime next week.f1c16796a67f1f3dfed5d13e88f999cd.jpg
  • Like 1

SigSide.jpg

jeffkisthename - If you could possible get a pic of your bike humping a Z1000 that would be the sh*t.

• Like 3

Beemer

• Premium Member

@jeffkisthename Great looking bike! I agree, white is a great color. It looks like it will handle distance nicely. Congrats.

• Like 1

Why can't left turners see us?

bafricawala

Got new National Cycle VStream Sport Touring Windscreen. Will be installing it in the evening today.

By the way I had Ermax earlier. But other day some a--hole rear ended my motorcycle in parking lot while it was parked and I had gone for lunch. The motorcycle dropped and broke the windscreen, there is crack on the license plate holder and some scratches on the left. Lucky I have frame sliders and it saved my tank getting damaged

• Global Moderator
Got new National Cycle VStream Sport Touring Windscreen. Will be installing it in the evening today.  
By the way I had Ermax earlier. But other day some a--hole rear ended my motorcycle in parking lot while it was parked and I had gone for lunch. The motorcycle dropped and broke the windscreen, there is crack on the license plate holder and some scratches on the left. Lucky I have frame sliders and it saved my tank getting damaged

good thing too... gotta save that beauty of a red rocket 

ATGATT... ATTATT, two acronyms I live by.

• Premium Member

Since I just got me FZ-07 yesterday, after a 20 yr break from riding (don't judge me to harshly), I drove it around the neighborhood for a couple hours getting reacquainted with throttle/gas/go/turn all at the same time as I get comfortable with the new ride and breaking in new riding apparel (jacket/gloves/helmet.

Then I spent a couple hours reorganizing my garage to make a safe haven for it.

• Like 5

DewMan

Just shut up and ride.

• Global Moderator
Since I just got me FZ-07 yesterday, after a 20 yr break from riding (don't judge me to harshly), I drove it around the neighborhood for a couple hours getting reacquainted with throttle/gas/go/turn all at the same time as I get comfortable with the new ride and breaking in new riding apparel (jacket/gloves/helmet. 
Then I spent a couple hours reorganizing my garage to make a safe haven for it.
I also had about a twenty year break between bikes.  I took the MSF course when I got back into riding and would recommend it.  I was surprised what I had forgotten.  
  • Like 2

• Premium Member

new spigler SS lines installed, Fresh set of Dunlop Q3's, Chain service, and a wash.
2017_04_04_13_20_37.jpg

2017_04_04_13_20_50.jpg

2017_04_04_13_20_29.jpg

2017_04_04_13_20_41.jpg

• Like 5

'16 FZ07

Hey who do I talk to about getting a Billet Chain Adjusters by Gilles Tooling,
Gilles Tooling ACM Safety Nut '14- FZ-07 and
Gilles Tooling AXB Chain Adjuster '14- FZ-07

• Premium Member
Hey who do I talk to about getting a Billet Chain Adjusters by Gilles Tooling, Gilles Tooling ACM Safety Nut '14- FZ-07 and
Gilles Tooling AXB Chain Adjuster '14- FZ-07
Check out the forum vendors... Bellissimoto has em...
  • Like 1

• Premium Member
Eastern Kayaker

@skiddum make sure you contact @bellissimoto via this forum about these items, since he may give you a better price.

• Like 2