The MT-07 Forum

What did you do to your Yamaha FZ-07 today?

Cruizin

i just did the fender eliminator. best mod you can do on these bikes, IMO!
Mine came with eliminator installed, but I'm going to fit the stock fender as I do not fancy plucking off sand and little pebbles from the seat after each ride. I agree it's not directly elegant, but sometimes style must take the back seat to function :-/

I just installed my first mod--Vagabond frame sliders. I had originally purchased some PSR sliders from my dealership when I bought the bike a couple weekends ago, but after some research I was really turned off to the idea of replacing those engine mount bolts with the frame slider ones. I found out about the Vagabond sliders on this forum and grabbed them off Amazon. They seem like a quality product; I just hope they never need to come in handy. :)

• Like 1

Vagabond frame sliders installed... clean stock look. No branding visible which was a turn off from other sliders. Also they attached using the drain hole and not the frame bolt which makes me happy in the event they need rip off on a hard slide.

• Global Moderator

@watson
@sweeps

I can tell you both from first-hand and second-hand experiences

The woodcraft sliders work.
I had them on my bike during a lowside on old pavement and have witnessed how they stood up to a 60mph lowside at the track.
I was amazed at how well they protected the bike, not even a scratch on the clutch cover for the track slide. On mine, the stator cover got a bit dinged but i think that was from a rock in the road.

• Like 1

ATGATT... ATTATT, two acronyms I live by.

Got my DNA air filter and air box lid today. Installed them immediately since my bike is already open while waiting for my ECU back from 2 Wheel DynoWorks.

From the UPS delivery:
IMG_0838.jpg

Stock air filter and snorkel:
IMG_0839.jpg

DNA filter and lid installed:
IMG_0840.jpg

Edit: Links included if you want to buy for yourself. Houston-based vendor instead of Greece =P

DNA Stage 1 Air Filter:
http://houstonsuperbikes.com/i-24075375-dna-yamaha-xsr-700-mt-07-fz07-high-performance-air-filter.html

DNA Stage 2 Air Box Lid:
http://houstonsuperbikes.com/i-24075378-dna-yamaha-xsr-700-mt-07-fz07-high-performance-stage-2-air-box-cover.html

• Like 1

You do you and I'll do me.

Got my DNA air filter and air box lid today. Installed them immediately since my bike is already open while waiting for my ECU back from 2 Wheel DynoWorks. 
From the UPS delivery:
IMG_0838.jpg

Stock air filter and snorkel:
IMG_0839.jpg

DNA filter and lid installed:
IMG_0840.jpg

Congrats! Got a link so others can get the same deal? Links are appreciated! ;)

Congrats! Got a link so others can get the same deal? Links are appreciated! ;)
Sure thing! I updated my post to include the links. 
  • Like 3

You do you and I'll do me.

PcBuilder14

Finally got an aftermarket exhaust after having the bike for 7 months. Got the Akrapovic Titanium exhaust. Changes the bike completely and I love it.

BEFORE
34273920065_496d735c6a_b.jpg

34116622972_99e6db26a4_b.jpg

AFTER
33889959910_a570f8c5cb_b.jpg

• Like 5

p><p> <a href=https://preview.ibb.co/ixhkFk/20170426_133906.jpg' alt='20170426_133906.jpg'>

20170426_133837.jpg

20170426_133854.jpg

upload images

Awesome of got my protection cage thanks to Kris Higdonion. This thing is awesome the new skid plates are amazing 

• Like 1

• Premium Member

Made these projects with triple EL panels for the spines of our Helite airvests (vendor here) for some additional rear-end nighttime visibility. Also has variable brightness and flasher options by way of the 9v battery-pac / inverter. Simple removal / application with velcro. Really quite bright and "in your face", especially when flashing.

[attachment id=2494" thumbnail="1] [attachment id=2495" thumbnail="1]

• Like 6

Crush your enemies. See them driven before you. Hear the lamentations of their women.          Fuss Life.

• Premium Member
Trackday was successful.... nearly crashed a couple times, Overcooked the corner following the first straight...

Might not be the fastest bike... but its sooooo much fun
I recommend everyone try it at least once
Finally got some pants eh? 
Sweet!

:)

- Paulie

• Premium Member
Well if you come by the Mulholland Snake tmrw I think 5 of us FZs will be running the course buddy.
Im in the car, not much fun at the snake there
Depends on what car you have, hint hint. 
;)

- Paulie
  • Like 1

• Global Moderator
Im in the car, not much fun at the snake there
;)

- Paulie

Oh hush you and your subie
.... ill try to get out there this summer

ATGATT... ATTATT, two acronyms I live by.

hugson2wheels
Made these projects with triple EL panels for the spines of our Helite airvests (vendor here) for some additional rear-end nighttime visibility. Also has variable brightness and flasher options by way of the 9v battery-pac / inverter. Simple removal / application with velcro. Really quite bright and "in your face", especially when flashing.  
[attachment id=2494" thumbnail="1] [attachment id=2495" thumbnail="1]

That's pretty nifty. I like it! Was thinking to add something like that to my bike in a very minimal yet tasteful manner. Perhaps some red to go with my black bike.

Which website did you aquire this stuff from? Thanks!

If god created us in his image, does that mean god is an egomaniac as well?

• Premium Member
;)

- Paulie
Oh hush you and your subie
.... ill try to get out there this summer
Ha!  I was talking about the Miata! 
;)

- Paulie

• Premium Member

That's pretty nifty. I like it! Was thinking to add something like that to my bike in a very minimal yet tasteful manner. Perhaps some red to go with my black bike.

Which website did you aquire this stuff from? Thanks!

Thanks! Its pretty straight forward stuff to work with.  
(This link is to the Cdn shop)
This is what I used to power my setup:

https://ellumiglow.glopal.com/en-CA/p-231/electric-optics-9v-parallel-battery-pack-powers-up-to-60-square-inches.html?utm_campaign=en_US&utm_medium=pr&utm_source=www.ellumiglow.com#

• Like 1

Crush your enemies. See them driven before you. Hear the lamentations of their women.          Fuss Life.

Installed the woodcraft clipons the other day and just installed these bar end mirrors. I absolutely love them. To me the woodcrafts give the perfect riding position.  
Pi5gXAD.jpg

Would you be so good as to post a profile shot of the bike. I want to see the height of those clip-ons from a side view. Thanks!!!!!!
 Sorry bud didn't see this reply. Here is one I have handy. I'll take some more tomorrow from more angles for you when it's light out. Maybe I'll start a build thread and put them in there.  Either way I'll let you know. 
c13uqGN.jpg

• Like 1