The MT-07 Forum

What did you do to your Yamaha FZ-07 today?

Cruizin

Fitted the stock indicators again. The PO had hacked the daylight out of the stock mounts (the metal inserts in particular) and the locking brackets were missing (likely hacked to bits), so it turned out to be more time consuming that anticipated. And now my bike has genuine IKEA bits in it!

I began with these mounting bracket covers
IMAG1721.jpg

After a bit of dremel work they were made to fit as the stock items I found on the rear indicators
IMAG1723.jpg

multiple photo upload

Indicators in place together with a new screen of unknown make (came as a spare with the bike). Not showing is the stock mirrors back in place - the aftermarket items showed only arms.

IMAG1727.jpg

I also fitted a little back pack to the seat. During the process I removed the passenger strap and stock luggage straps and replaced them with the straps that came with the bag. Instead of using the harness as it came - all 4 straps interconnected - I cut off the ends I needed, stamped holes that I burned to keep them from frazzling, put them double and bolted in place. The rear straps for the bag was fitted to the frame as there is no place available under the seat for them.

IMAG1715_1.jpg

IMAG1714.jpg

facebook image upload

In place, sitting secure.

IMAG1716.jpg

IMAG1717.jpg

• Like 1

• Premium Member

I rode it!

[video src=https://youtu.be/19V98WOOyUc]

:)

- Paulie

• Like 7

• Global Moderator
Fitted the stock indicators again. The PO had hacked the daylight out of the stock mounts (the metal inserts in particular) and the locking brackets were missing (likely hacked to bits), so it turned out to be more time consuming that anticipated. And now my bike has genuine IKEA bits in it! 
I began with these mounting bracket covers
IMAG1721.jpg

After a bit of dremel work they were made to fit as the stock items I found on the rear indicators
IMAG1723.jpg

multiple photo upload

Indicators in place together with a new screen of unknown make (came as a spare with the bike). Not showing is the stock mirrors back in place - the aftermarket items showed only arms.

IMAG1727.jpg

I also fitted a little back pack to the seat. During the process I removed the passenger strap and stock luggage straps and replaced them with the straps that came with the bag. Instead of using the harness as it came - all 4 straps interconnected - I cut off the ends I needed, stamped holes that I burned to keep them from frazzling, put them double and bolted in place. The rear straps for the bag was fitted to the frame as there is no place available under the seat for them.

IMAG1715_1.jpg

IMAG1714.jpg

facebook image upload

In place, sitting secure.

IMAG1716.jpg

IMAG1717.jpg

Lookin good faffi....  to me that screen looks like the puig sport, but im probably wrong

ATGATT... ATTATT, two acronyms I live by.

Thanks! Could very well be, I'll look closer and see if something is stamped somewhere. The screen is mounted to an intermediate plate bolted to the top of the headlight. Seemed to direct plenty of air directly at the chest and creating some turbulence in my lap, but air flow around the helmet was silent. That was against very strong winds. With the same wind in the back I felt no wind, really.

I gave @cyclops new TPMS system a try and installed it last night. I used the provided handlebar mount and affixed it to my motocage on the left side of the bike. I have woodcraft clip-ons and it leaves little to no space for attaching the main unit. The tire sensors are screw on valve caps that are battery operated and wirelessly connect to the main unit. They provide real-time air pressure and temperature that displays on the window. The unit itself has two smaller windows within it that display the current tire readings. It will also flash the current tire air temperature once per minute or so for about 10 seconds. There are also settings for high/low audible alarms in the event of something foul. Useful if I were to run a nail and start having a bad leak on my commute or in the canyons. Better to know sooner than later if I'm about to be riding a flat. It was easy to install as you only need to tap into any 12v DC power that's available. I believe the display unit only draws 6 watts of power. I chose to splice into the Aux DC line we have underneath our left side fairing. Two T-tap splicers, some electrical tape, and a few zipties and it's done! Programming the system was easy as cake. Using only two buttons available, a simple series of combo clicks will easily allow you to set it up. Much like our dash gauge. I have found the sensors quite accurate! Checked my tire pressure with a gauge, and then again with the new sensor system. Both matching up numbers! Unfortunately, I can't provide a long term review just yet. Only tried the system out for a 15min ride after the installation. But for paying $100 bucks to pay to play, I'd def say it's a nifty addition to my ride!

http://www.cyclopsadventuresports.com/Motorcycle-Tire-Pressure-Monitoring-System_p_171.html86b93fad0a44e9668a0ab397ed5a84b6.jpg4aac16090f3d02abc6a4827884cf7714.jpgd8aa42fd29ad8a0e9e2c416e9f38a814.jpgef7f050a63df439f76b682d1676e97fd.jpg752bf556610177623ecead024782122d.jpg870ce69894d24bff610662477ba32ce3.jpga36cb9ab880bebd4e23a45917d3749df.jpg3ba8bceb8603ee38ec1a92d41df9ea89.jpg6e52aa07fc57c417ddd80f5585f0c1cf.jpg0c263d65c7426d6fae4805009c998835.jpg1b374e0d8a9de27663b10d6a1f6a4922.jpg

• Like 7

'15 Pearl White FZ-07 | Yoshi R77 Exhaust | ECU Reflash | Mad Hornets Shorty Levers | EvoTech Rad Guard | Yamaha Comfort Saddle | TST Industries Integrated Taillight | Motodynamics Fender Eliminator | Yamaha OEM Front LED Signals | Phillips MaxVision 130+ Bulb | OES Front/Rear Axle Sliders | Driven Racing TT Rearsets | Woodcraft 1.5" Clip-Ons | Woodcraft Engine & Water Pump Crash Cover | OEM Motocage Cage | LEDGlow SMD Mini Advanced Lighting Kit | Gilles Tooling Gauge Relocation Kit |

• Premium Member
bornagainbiker
Thanks! Could very well be, I'll look closer and see if something is stamped somewhere. The screen is mounted to an intermediate plate bolted to the top of the headlight. Seemed to direct plenty of air directly at the chest and creating some turbulence in my lap, but air flow around the helmet was silent. That was against very strong winds. With the same wind in the back I felt no wind, really.
The windscreen reminds me of an Ermax sport windscreen: 
https://www.motostarz.ca/filter-by-bike/yamaha/fz-07-mt-07/ermax-sport-windscreens-short-version-2014-2015-yamaha-fz-07-mt-07.html?___SID=U
  • Like 1

Give Respect To Get Respect   https://jeff-galbraith.pixels.com/

I know this place, it's right behind my house!
You're so close! I'm on exit 217. When you're recovered, let's ride!
  • Like 1

You do you and I'll do me.

I know this place, it's right behind my house!
You're so close! I'm on exit 217. When you're recovered, let's ride!

Sounds like a plan, been looking around for a bike but I may still be out for a another couple months.
  • Like 1

The windscreen reminds me of an Ermax sport windscreen: 
https://www.motostarz.ca/filter-by-bike/yamaha/fz-07-mt-07/ermax-sport-windscreens-short-version-2014-2015-yamaha-fz-07-mt-07.html?___SID=U
Pretty sure you nailed it - thanks!

Brought it home! Off to look for a jacket and will install my fender eliminator when I get back.

2mxoayv.jpg

• Like 5

250+km and visited 6 different lakes and off road for 9km or more. Handled great 

IMG_20170502_180937.jpg

IMG_20170502_153429.jpg

IMG_20170502_153256.jpg

• Like 4

• Premium Member
KamelReds
yTahc4E.jpg

Did a test fit of the motocentric bags I bought a couple months back and loaded them up in preparation for my upcoming camping trip to the twisted sisters in the hill country. Super excited!
  • Like 3

It's all about keeping that rubber side down.

250+km and visited 6 different lakes and off road for 9km or more. Handled great  

IMG_20170502_153429.jpg

Man I need to move... 

Did a test fit of the motocentric bags I bought a couple months back and loaded them up in preparation for my upcoming camping trip to the twisted sisters in the hill country. Super excited!
That should be a fun ride! One of these days we'll meet up for a ride or some food.
  • Like 1

sirlightyear

My MT07 decided to take a break while accelerating towards highway. Does anyone know the reason?
It seems like it decided to shut down right after hitting the rev limiter. Also when I stopped, the key was in OFF position and after turning it on, there was an "error" on the display. That's why I did not try to start the engine right away.
[video src=https://youtu.be/1qJ8zRwBj3o]

Sir LightYear

• Premium Member
I installed a Denali SoundBomb Mini horn yesterday. 

2017_05_03_18_59_26_1.jpg

best free image hosting

Nice/ smart upgrade! Anything is better than that Oem party favour.  I stuffed in a Stebel nautilus compact tuning horn. Holy crap. Installed one on my wifes bike too. The frown she makes haha, she hates it but thats the point right? ☺ 
  • Like 4

Crush your enemies. See them driven before you. Hear the lamentations of their women.          Fuss Life.

brokenhat

.....and today I installed my CRG hindsight lane split mirrors and Alpha Rider windscreen.

DSCF1807_1.jpg

• Like 3

Installed my fender eliminator and my windscreen. Realized the flush mount signals I ordered probably aren't going to work with the windscreen.

23wuyko.jpg

n20tia.jpg

205b31e.jpg

• Like 4

• Global Moderator

What did you do to your turn signal lenses @hpclayto? Could you put the flush mounts on the end of the rubber part or is the size wrong? They would not be flush but it would be less bulky than the stock signals.