The MT-07 Forum

What did you do to your Yamaha FZ-07 today?

Cruizin

• Premium Member

I finished the install, and then took a leisurely test drive to the beach, of the following accessories:
Progrip 714BK Black 125mm Dual Sport Gel Grip

MZS Adjustment Brake Clutch Levers

Vista Cruise after creating a custom bracket.
I chose the progrips because I'm old and prefer thicker tackier grips which allows a more relaxed grip on the throttle for less hand cramping.
I chose the MZS levers due to unique styling and slightly longer (than two finger shorties) three finger length as well as price.
I chose the Vista Cruise over something like the Kaoko due to the ability of the Vista Cruise to enable/disable with just a flick of your thumb and no need to make any throttle change to enable/disable unlike the Kaoko. That and the Kaoko is stupid expensive for what it is. Made the custom bracket, to attach it to the throttle housing bolts, from a $2 hardware store T bracket.
I'm quite happy so far with all three accessories.

• Like 3

DewMan

Just shut up and ride.

What did you do to your turn signal lenses @hpclayto ? Could you put the flush mounts on the end of the rubber part or is the size wrong? They would not be flush but it would be less bulky than the stock signals.
I won't know until they get here, I'll figure something out. The stock lenses were tinted by the previous owner, not sure if it's an overlay or one of the sprays you can get.

Forced my oldest son to swap bikes with me for a little bit, meaning I jumped back on my old Z650 four. The kid was reluctant as it was his first ride of the season, but he did't regret it. I could hear him over the radio sounding like an idiot. "WOOOOOWWWW!!!!" "Vrroooommmm" "YEEEEAAAAAHHHHH" "MORE!" "RRRRRRRRRRRRRRR" "Heeheeeheeeheeeheeeheeeheeeeehee". And so on. Not rusty anymore :D

Riding the old Z650 four, a bike I used to think was quite gutsy for its size and age - well, yawn. Gutless and buzzy and busy. However, the suspension I used to find borderline was now a welcome reunion - ever so smooth, yet composed. In comparison, the MT-07s jarring ride feels very 1960. Can't wait for the upgrade.

• Like 1

• Premium Member

Tossed sum blaze bags on her !! Impressed
Nice seat--where did you get it?
That is the Corbin seat. 
  • Like 1

lonerider
Off road. 100kms plus off road was amazing. Over 500km today Roadtec 01 did great

Great to see that other riders are enjoying the 07 on every roads. Have a set of Avon Trailrider tires on my 07. Great improvement for unpaved roads and fire roads. Have to say that the Avon Distanzia was better on unpaved road. The Trailrider is replacing the Distanzia.

past bikes: WR250X, KLR650, V-Strom 1000, DR650, FZ-6, SV650S, Seca II, GS400S, Seca 750, YZ80.

• Global Moderator
Off road. 100kms plus off road was amazing. Over 500km today Roadtec 01 did great
Great to see that other riders are enjoying the 07 on every roads. Have a set of Avon Trailrider tires on my 07. Great improvement for unpaved roads and fire roads. Have to say that the Avon Distanzia was better on unpaved road. The Trailrider is replacing the Distanzia.
I used to have Distanzia's on my previous bike. And they are impressive.  Are they in our sizes too?

Put some air in the tires for riding later this week - probably my last chance until weather cools again in September (or later). And, yes, I'm going to order the TPMS special..

• Premium Member

Swapped out to steel braided lines. I was also searching for different brake pads and I read a lot of good things about the CL XBK5 pads while looking around so I went with them.
These are made for street riding and work better on streets than the track pads (track pads are made to operate better at a higher temperature).
Still haven't had the time to fix my re-bleed my rear brake but I have ridden a bit with the CL pads on the front and have been enjoying them quite a bit. Even my buddy who's been riding for a while was impressed at the front brakes on the bike.

cl_pads.jpg

a chart for reference:

x_CL_Brake_Pads_Graph_web_jpg_pagespeed_ic_Cnr7_Ow_J4_Et.jpg

I got these when they were about $5 cheaper than the current prices a few weeks ago but here are the links:
https://www.sportbiketrackgear.com/cl-yamaha-yzf-r6-11-16-xbk5-front-brake-pads/
https://www.sportbiketrackgear.com/cl-yamaha-yzf-r6-11-16-rx3-rear-brake-pads/

You may be able to find them cheaper on another site. As long as you get XBK5 [HASH]2361 for the front pads and RX3 [HASH]2296 for the rear:

• Like 2

Note that better friction usually come at a price, usually in the form of more rapid wear of pads AND discs. That said, a bloke I know who test brakes for a living says good brakes will wear out in 20,000 miles /30,000 km, pads at half distance, pads and discs at full distance.

For me, though, the stock brakes are splendid - I dislike one-finger brakes because I tend to use too many fingers and too much force for those.

• Like 1

Latest adds:

- Alla Lighting 4x Super Bright Samsung 5630 SMD T10 LEDs - Parking and license plate light

- PIAA 85114 Slim Line 400Hz + 500Hz 112db Sports Horn Kit - I just used the 400Hz for now and it is a HUGE improvement from stock

- Alla Lighting 39-SMD 7443 7440 T20 High Power 2835 Chipsets Xtremely Super Bright 6000K Xenon White LED Bulbs for Turn Signal Light - Used in front pumpkins.  These are really bright and will help to be seen if not cause drivers to deliberately look away, especially at night!

- 2PCS Aaron 6000K White 60W 7443 7440 T20 XB-D CREE LED Bulbs Super Bright for Brake Tail Backup Reverse Lights - Used in rear pumpkins, WOW!  If a driver is behind me as long as they are looking forward they will not be able to miss these lights, especially if lights are blinking!

- 10mm Mirror Riser Extender Adapter for Yamaha FZ09 FZ07 - Jury is still out since I mounted these last night.  I will try them out on today's commute, I am hopeful they push the mirrors out just enough for additional visibility.

• Like 1

• Global Moderator

I took out the snorkel and it made a big difference. I get a great growl at mid rpm and seem to have more power overall. I already had the @2wheeldynoworks ECU flash. What Nels can do with a tune is amazing. 

• Like 1

Cut off the locating pin on the LHS switchgear housing so I could rotate it a bit in order to get the indicator switch higher where I'm used to have it and to make it harder to reach the horn button by accident.

• Like 1

vroomvroom

Sat on my bike making vroom vroom noises before being forced into landscaping servitude to my wife for the day. It's so damn pretty outside right now.

• Like 2

• Premium Member
Sat on my bike making vroom vroom noises before being forced into landscaping servitude to my wife for the day. It's so damn pretty outside right now.
Sounds to me like your wife needs a hobby...like riding a MC alongside her husband.  :D   The grass can wait another day. 
  • Like 1

Crush your enemies. See them driven before you. Hear the lamentations of their women.          Fuss Life.

• Premium Member

Installed this cheapo alarm system and these cheapo Chinese radiator side covers 

Would you believe the radiator covers don't play nice with the R&G radiator guard? Lots of bending and swearing were required...

• Like 1

his face seems pulled and tense
like he's riding on a motorbike in the strongest winds

I decided to cut off my hands... also known as replacing spark plugs on the FZ07.

I also installed a MWR foam filter with a custom air box cover my buddy printed. 

20170514_111514.jpg

20170514_111944.jpg

• Like 4

• Premium Member
I decided to cut off my hands... also known as replacing spark plugs on the FZ07. 
I also installed a MWR foam filter with a custom air box cover my buddy printed. 

I've got to get around to the FTECU ActiveTune I have laying on my kitchen table - a new air filter is in my near future. Looks great!
  • Like 1

his face seems pulled and tense
like he's riding on a motorbike in the strongest winds