The MT-07 Forum

What did you do to your Yamaha FZ-07 today?

Cruizin

• Premium Member
"In a way, I was kind of glad that he wrecked because it saved us from the 8hr(with no stops) ride that we had planned on the way back -- it would have been brutal, but we would have got it done." 

I'm all for enthusiasm but even years ago as a young, strong bladdered, young boy, I couldn't have stayed in a swimming pool all day without peeing in it. That would take some extreme will power. 
Ha! I just meant that it was 8hrs with no stops.  The whole trip would have probably taken closer to 10. xD
  • Like 1

It's all about keeping that rubber side down.

"In a way, I was kind of glad that he wrecked because it saved us from the 8hr(with no stops) ride that we had planned on the way back -- it would have been brutal, but we would have got it done." 

I'm all for enthusiasm but even years ago as a young, strong bladdered, young boy, I couldn't have stayed in a swimming pool all day without peeing in it. That would take some extreme will power. 
Ha! I just meant that it was 8hrs with no stops.  The whole trip would have probably taken closer to 10. xD
IKR! I just meant that 8 hrs. in the saddle would've been extra rough with a full, achy bladder. Especially with this bikes suspension, ha! 

Beemer

My nurse said that "a spreading warmth sensation" might be a prelude to nirvana, or perhaps death. And then she injected me some feel good juice. "Don't worry if you pee on the OP table - it happens more than you think."

Thanks doc, now shove that rotor-router up my LAD artery please...

• Like 2
bannerfans_1095431.jpg

I dropped 'her' on the left side while parked shortly after having thought to myself I have been pretty lucky so far. New clutch lever installed.

• Global Moderator
@sorkyah you have an articulated IR/camera-based reverse-modeler?
No... just a bridgeport, mill lathe and 100w CO² laser, sheet metal shop, 3d printer and waterjet....  Though im still learning all of these
 im working on a building a dual camera based optical scanner
have a friend thats a photographer thats gonna let me have a couple of her used sony dslr cameras and ive got the scale/mount made up already
Just need cameras and software, though i think remake will work well enough

ATGATT... ATTATT, two acronyms I live by.

Vagabond rear brake res relocate and removed pegs 

IMG_3416.jpg

IMG_3417.jpg

Excuse my ignorance, I cannot seem to comprehend this ^ picture.   Have you a plug in your exhaust pipe??  O_o

IMG_3417.jpg

Excuse my ignorance, I cannot seem to comprehend this ^ picture.   Have you a plug in your exhaust pipe??  O_o
LOL yes I do :) 
It's kept on a farm, help keep the critters out - also, the side cover is removed
  • Like 2

Ohhh, Haha. Ok that makes sense. Yes I noticed the side cover but that's easily explainable. My mind couldn't come up for any reason for the plug. Though with that being the case, make sure you check your air box. There have been posts here, pictures and all showing critters using it for storage.

• Premium Member

IMG_3416.jpg

IMG_3417.jpg

They are mainly sold as a " wash plug " for dirt bikes

2015 fz-07- Hordpower Edition...2015 fj-09- 120whp- Graves Exhaust w/Woolich Race Kit- tuned by 2WDW

• Premium Member

Put the FTECU ActiveTune on my machine with the Yoshimura R77. Had to use the Innovate 12mm to 18mm adapter. Works flawlessly so far!

• Like 2

his face seems pulled and tense
like he's riding on a motorbike in the strongest winds

Tried two differing bars, set of Vortex HB829K, and a set of Street Emgos Did not feel right on each. Back to stock. Next set of Vortex JMurphy bend and a set of flanders..
Just cleaned her up, waiting on my rear shock for the R1 need speed not wheelies right now, or wait I could do Speed and Wheelies

“Laws that forbid the carrying of arms disarm only those who are neither inclined nor determined to commit crimes.” --Thomas Jefferson quoting Cesare Beccaria

• Premium Member
howworkclutch

cursed it. kicked it. considered burning it.

built an impromptu over-head lift. stood the damned bike back up. reinstalled the fork tubes. messaged the whole @#$%ing front end until the binding went away. went for a ride. adjusted cartridges. went for another ride. put it on the paddock stand. adjusted rear wheel alignment 9000000 times. adjusted bars. adjusted levers. called it a pos and gave up for the day.

-HowWorkClutch

bigwidowspeak

Installed Akrapovic Ti exhaust. First time turning a wrench on something with a motor attached to it! Took me a long time though.

However, my overall satisfaction is marred by a paranoia that I did something wrong. Keep hearing the engine at idle and thinking "Is this normal?"

• Premium Member
panchobullet

Not really for Dark-Y but to my head, I got a new awesome helmet. I was wearing an Icon Airmada "Thriller" and before that an Icon Alliance "Dirty South" so the move was quite obvious for me....

Whats_App_Image_2017_05_19_at_11_13_44.jpg

Icon Airframe "Pharaoh" with a gold mirrow shield... At least for me it fits perfect, new shape/style is a lot more aggressive but it feels really nice, lot of air moving but low noise level. Really happy with my new "toy".

- Pancho

• Like 2

You've never seen me cause I'm too damn fast!

• Premium Member
Went and picked up the latest goodies at the local post office :D 

oooh.... shiny waiting for a thread with reviews :)

• Like 1

Farted one huge rolling thunder
Ya 10 HP more fart

“Laws that forbid the carrying of arms disarm only those who are neither inclined nor determined to commit crimes.” --Thomas Jefferson quoting Cesare Beccaria

Did they confuse 't' with 'f' up there because their hands where shaking of cold? Or that's all the numb lips could muster for enunciation? The correct term is of course "Fahrvergnügen", though 'fart' as a contraction does make sense. :)

• Like 1
bannerfans_1095431.jpg

sirlightyear
Not really for Dark-Y but to my head, I got a new awesome helmet. I was wearing an Icon Airmada "Thriller" and before that an Icon Alliance "Dirty South" so the move was quite obvious for me.... 
Whats_App_Image_2017_05_19_at_11_13_44.jpg

Icon Airframe "Pharaoh" with a gold mirrow shield... At least for me it fits perfect, new shape/style is a lot more aggressive but it feels really nice, lot of air moving but low noise level. Really happy with my new "toy".

- Pancho
Love this helmet. I have been eyeing it for a while now. But my old helmet is still good and has at least 2 more years to go. Props on the purchase!
  • Like 1

Sir LightYear

Bought an Icon Variant splintered helmet.  Couldn't help myself, between revzilla price matching and zilla bucks I got it for $159! That's about $200 cheaper than a non graphic solid color variant.  I'm kind of a gear nut and always looking at new stuff. So I will be swapping this back and forth between my Shoei Gt Air. 

• Like 1