The MT-07 Forum

What did you do to your Yamaha FZ-07 today?

Cruizin

• Premium Member

Finally got the ole girl outta the garage to shake her down for my very first track date next Fri, it's been almost 9months since I rode my FZ-07 since the FJ-09 made a home in my garage... totally forgot how much engine braking this bike has and im loving the new Q3 tires grip and sidewall stability... I missed the sound of the little -07 motor, its like an exotic euro V8 tone ..now I'm totally in deep debate on rather I should leave the FZ-07 at home and bring the new girl since I need to reset the FZ-07 suspension again for the new tires when the new girl is 95% ready to go, just need to apply some tape and pull the center stand...

2015 fz-07- Hordpower Edition...2015 fj-09- 120whp- Graves Exhaust w/Woolich Race Kit- tuned by 2WDW

A Real FZ lover would do both and make sure both done right. making excuses means you already made up your mind... ;)

• Global Moderator
New day new adventure.. this time to Diablo Dam WA. 600km and a very  hefty speeding ticket .. (over 300$usd) that's about 450 candiano pesos 

Damn dude... sorry... those cops in WA are a pita....
How fast were you allegedly goimg?

ATGATT... ATTATT, two acronyms I live by.

30mph over.. and I was most likely doing more. stupid Canadian model bikes can't change to MPH but US models can.. retarded. cop took almost 10 mins to catch up but was super nice about it all.

myrcode - A helmet mount would probably be best since you're body is pretty much vibration free. A handlebar or windscreen mount is going to show every bump and vibration.

Beemer

30mph over.. and I was most likely doing more. stupid Canadian model bikes can't change to MPH but US models can.. retarded. cop took almost 10 mins to catch up but was super nice about it all.
What did you do to your bike? 

Beemer

• Premium Member
A Real FZ lover would do both and make sure both done right. making excuses means you already made up your mind... ;)
True... it's on my list of shyt to do... 

2015 fz-07- Hordpower Edition...2015 fj-09- 120whp- Graves Exhaust w/Woolich Race Kit- tuned by 2WDW

First scent of real summer so went for a 450 km round trip together with my son on his Honda. Temps between 21 and 28 Celsius. Lots of gnarly, winding roads taken at a leisurely pace.

20170527_173141_zpsdomkty5t.jpg

20170527_173121_zpsdrtmvwpq.jpg

20170527_145058_zpszqzrodbx.jpg

20170527_145107_zpsrjxu5shf.jpg

20170527_130324_zpsgcihfs6m.jpg

20170527_130258_zpsqyxwcapb.jpg

IMAG1731_zpszkbu8nhf.jpg

20170527_152311_zps99k2qzda.jpg

• Like 4

Fuel stabilizer for the summer hibernation. Pulled the accessory plug to fashion a splitter so I can power both the TPMS and my USB port.

I fondled them all.  Been waiting on the R1 rear shock to return from Aftershocks so I am starting late the winter maintenance.   DRZ will be put up for sale soon, CT200 is in the midst of being restored, the little cateye pocket bike is ready for my race mangers son to terrorize on.  Right now, its awesome here in the PNW, enjoying the back yard waiting to rip the canyons on the FZ in the AM..... Honey Do's are completed I even went shopping with her so I got my ticket punched for Monday ;)

20170528_163804.jpg

upload images to internet

• Like 3

“Laws that forbid the carrying of arms disarm only those who are neither inclined nor determined to commit crimes.” --Thomas Jefferson quoting Cesare Beccaria

fullsizeoutput_31e1.jpg

fullsizeoutput_31e8.jpg

Took a little ride through the mountains, bout 90 miles round trip.  Had to test out the new tires (Shinko Verge) and I am quite impressed.  Especially for the price, they get my recommendation.  

https://www.jakewilson.com/p/1742/29330/Shinko-011-Verge-Rear-Motorcycle-Tire?v=14975
https://www.jakewilson.com/p/1165/-/726072/120-70ZR-17-(58W)-Shinko-011-Verge-Front-Motorcycle-Tire?v=14975&gclid=CLP2w8zbldQCFZBefgodiloLpA

• Like 1

what do you mean? 

what do you mean? 
^ lol! What do you mean, what do I mean? The thread is "What did you do to your Yamaha FZ-07 today?" , not what did you do on your FZ-07 today so I'm wondering what you did to your bike. You haven't said anything about what you've done to your bike. Maybe you misread the title??? IDK. Nice pics btw!

Beemer

what do you mean? 
^ lol! What do you mean, what do I mean? The thread is "What did you do to your Yamaha FZ-07 today?" , not what did you do on your FZ-07 today so I'm wondering what you did to your bike. You haven't said anything about what you've done to your bike. Maybe you misread the title??? IDK. Nice pics btw!

Oh I put miles on my bike I got my bike a ticket. I wore out my bikes tires also. I put gas in my bike.
  • Like 1

Oh I put miles on my bike I got my bike a ticket. I wore out my bikes tires also. I put gas in my bike.
Ha, ha! That's all so interesting! I looked at my bike yesterday, the rush! :D 
  • Like 2

Beemer

@hpclayto - What windscreen did you put on your bike? I really like how it looks.

Installed my fender eliminator and my windscreen. Realized the flush mount signals I ordered probably aren't going to work with the windscreen. 

n20tia.jpg

• Like 1

johnydecali

Not today but a couple weeks ago, added fog lamps and changed my mirrors

BUjFEbaj1vG

18646443_1601262933218825_7832178571438194688_n.jpg

I apologize in advance if there are multiple photos or none, not sure how to upload an image with my phone...

• Like 3

@hpclayto - What windscreen did you put on your bike? I really like how it looks. 

Installed my fender eliminator and my windscreen. Realized the flush mount signals I ordered probably aren't going to work with the windscreen. 

n20tia.jpg

It's the dart manta.
  • Like 1

Aaah, yes, what some have referred to as, "The Conquistador!". Fitting I think, since the FZ-07 conquers.

• Like 3

Beemer

here is a more frontal view of my bike 
18512366_239615273185826_3521764618831659008_n.jpg

Got a link for those cool lights, Johny? I'm curious, what are the laws where you're at for using fog lamps? Can you use them any time or does it have to be foggy or raining when you use them? The reason I ask is an X supervisor of mine in Tehas got a ticket for using his when it was clear out. 
  • Like 2

Beemer

• Premium Member

A beautiful sunny day so I decided to finally wash off 6 months of top to bottom winter parkade powdered dust/dirt, also cleaned and waxed the chain/sprocket. Finished off by detailing it up all nice and pretty with some plastics wax.  The entire time I was anticipating a nice ride to blow off any excess water and furthermore try out the new Motoport pants, Shoei Neotech and Iasus x3 speakers and also give the Hordpower filter a really good run, but of course I was hit with the ol' classic "Instant prairie driving wind and rain storm."

Not cool Jesus/Zeus/Odin/Surupa or whichever of you is responsible.  Most displeased!!! >:D   Perhaps you were saving me from something drastic out there today.... I'll chock it up to that....still displeased.

• Like 2

Crush your enemies. See them driven before you. Hear the lamentations of their women.          Fuss Life.