The MT-07 Forum

What did you do to your Yamaha FZ-07 today?

Cruizin

• Premium Member
here is a more frontal view of my bike 
18512366_239615273185826_3521764618831659008_n.jpg

Got a link for those cool lights, Johny? I'm curious, what are the laws where you're at for using fog lamps? Can you use them any time or does it have to be foggy or raining when you use them? The reason I ask is an X supervisor of mine in Tehas got a ticket for using his when it was clear out.
PFFT a ticket? I dont know about whichever local laws but how are they any different than a car/truck running the extra lower fog lights? I can legally run 2 x of my 4 Denali's here. Generally I run all 4 during the day and just my cyclops at night.
Check local vehicle bylaws online. Sounds like a BS/targeted ticket that I would look into fighting.

Crush your enemies. See them driven before you. Hear the lamentations of their women.          Fuss Life.

Put everything back together. Made a Y-harness so now have twin plugs for accessory power.

• Like 2

• Premium Member
A beautiful sunny day so I decided to finally wash off 6 months of top to bottom winter parkade powdered dust/dirt, also cleaned and waxed the chain/sprocket. Finished off by detailing it up all nice and pretty with some plastics wax.  The entire time I was anticipating a nice ride to blow off any excess water and furthermore try out the new Motoport pants, Shoei Neotech and Iasus x3 speakers and also give the Hordpower filter a really good run, but of course I was hit with the ol' classic "Instant prairie driving wind and rain storm."  
Not cool Jesus/Zeus/Odin/Surupa or whichever of you is responsible.  Most displeased!!! >:D   Perhaps you were saving me from something drastic out there today.... I'll chock it up to that....still displeased.

@Mr.Puss How are you liking the Iasus x3 speakers ? I've still not decided which speakers to get. 

DewMan

Just shut up and ride.

• Premium Member

@dewman ,

I havent had the chance to try them out on the road yet. Solid build on these. Ive paired them up with PowerAmp on my android phone as well as a tiny matchbook sized "Fiio-A1" mini amp. FWIW they sound awesome while hanging out indoors but im sure they'll translate over nicely to riding even with my yoshimura.

If I dont make time to ride this week I think Im gonna kill myself.

• Like 1

Crush your enemies. See them driven before you. Hear the lamentations of their women.          Fuss Life.

Got a link for those cool lights, Johny? I'm curious, what are the laws where you're at for using fog lamps? Can you use them any time or does it have to be foggy or raining when you use them? The reason I ask is an X supervisor of mine in Tehas got a ticket for using his when it was clear out.
PFFT a ticket? I dont know about whichever local laws but how are they any different than a car/truck running the extra lower fog lights? I can legally run 2 x of my 4 Denali's here. Generally I run all 4 during the day and just my cyclops at night.
Check local vehicle bylaws online. Sounds like a BS/targeted ticket that I would look into fighting.

I didn't mention it, my bad, but my supervisors lights were set up on the bumper of his raised truck, not a bike, which put those bright lights at eye level and probably had that blinding effect on the cop. If he had them adjusted so that they weren't blinding people the cop may've left him alone. Isolated incident, perhaps. Then again, that supvr. of mine had a real big mouth and he probably shot it off to the cop. He lost his job where I worked because he shot his mouth off to someone in upper management. 
  • Like 1

Beemer

I installed the XZE11 Bitubo shock this afternoon. No ride yet unfortunately because I had my son with me and my wife and daughter were out all day. He help me set the sag by taking pictures of the measuring stick with my phone (7 years old). The install was super easy, I used automotive jack stands to hold up the rear. Will install my JBH kit as soon as I get my bushings (and the time).

• Like 3

Put on the TST flasher relay because I have the TST integrated tail light and didn't want splice in the resistors to the main harness. Works great and was easy enough to install. I kinda want to get rid of my Motodynamic front turn signals because they aren't visible at all from the front. I've heard good things about the Proton ones, but I was just wondering if anyone had any other suggestions.

There hasn't been much of a chance to ride lately due to all of the rain in Central Florida. Today, I installed the R6 throttle tube from Motion Pro and also Progrip superbike soft grips. Here is the link for the grips https://www.amazon.com/Progrip-719BlackTitanium-719-Superbike-Grips/dp/B0074ZL828  IMG_0435.jpg

private image upload

How hard were the grips install? Did you glue them to the bar?
  • Like 1

There hasn't been much of a chance to ride lately due to all of the rain in Central Florida. Today, I installed the R6 throttle tube from Motion Pro and also Progrip superbike soft grips. Here is the link for the grips https://www.amazon.com/Progrip-719BlackTitanium-719-Superbike-Grips/dp/B0074ZL828  IMG_0435.jpg

private image upload

They weren't the easiest to install, to be honest. I didn't glue the grip on the throttle side, as it was definitely a tight enough fit on there. I used soap and water to get the grip over the throttle tube. I did glue the left grip on, however. I had to use a bit of force to get the left grip on. It was definitely worth the effort though! Huge difference
  • Like 1

• Premium Member
They weren't the easiest to install, to be honest. I didn't glue the grip on the throttle side, as it was definitely a tight enough fit on there. I used soap and water to get the grip over the throttle tube. I did glue the left grip on, however. I had to use a bit of force to get the left grip on. It was definitely worth the effort though! Huge difference
wubba lubba dub dub 
  • Like 1

2015 FZ-07 2003 2014 GSXR 1000

Taking it to the track finally. Camping out as we speak for some Sunday track time my first time ever.

• Like 3

• Premium Member
Taking it to the track finally. Camping out as we speak for some Sunday track time my first time ever.

Let us know how it goes.

Craig Mapstone
Upstate New York

• Premium Member

0604171527.jpg

A wash every 1,000 miles.  Gonna watch more Isle of Man TT coverage tonight on the Velocity channel.

• Like 1

Craig Mapstone
Upstate New York

Guest 2wheeler

Riding time is here which means time to take a trip. This weekend I got my Yamaha saddlebags and my Kriega US-30 drybag installed. I tightened down everything and went for a 30 mile maiden voyage. The bike rode fine with me hitting 80mph on the interstates as well as playing on backroads.  The pics below are of the bags stuffed with towels and bedspreads obviously more for bulk than weight. With the bags stuffed out at full volume there were no wind issues as far as buffetting goes. The one thing I did notice that with the aerodynamics radically altered, the acceleration wasn't as pronounced as without the luggage, but the feel of the bike was good. The combo is good for 72L of storage space, and I have a Motocentric tank bag for another 14L for a total of 86L storage for a trip. The cool thing about the Yamaha saddlebags and the Kriega is that they are easy off and on.

IMG_1301.jpg

free image hosting ebay

IMG_1302.jpg

IMG_1303.jpg

• Like 3

chademinent
Riding time is here which means time to take a trip. This weekend I got my Yamaha saddlebags and my Kriega US-30 drybag installed. I tightened down everything and went for a 30 mile maiden voyage. The bike rode fine with me hitting 80mph on the interstates as well as playing on backroads.  The pics below are of the bags stuffed with towels and bedspreads obviously more for bulk than weight. With the bags stuffed out at full volume there were no wind issues as far as buffetting goes. The one thing I did notice that with the aerodynamics radically altered, the acceleration wasn't as pronounced as without the luggage, but the feel of the bike was good. The combo is good for 72L of storage space, and I have a Motocentric tank bag for another 14L for a total of 86L storage for a trip. The cool thing about the Yamaha saddlebags and the Kriega is that they are easy off and on. 

IMG_1301.jpg

free image hosting ebay

IMG_1302.jpg

IMG_1303.jpg

Just did over 600 miles with the sw motech bags (same ones they make for Yamaha) did over 100mph a couple times, bags never flenched.

Let us know how it goes.
absolute blast! had a fun day and learned alot. look forward to learning more at future events!
  • Like 1

• Premium Member
panchobullet

Installed the latest toys I got for Dark-Y... Yamaha Chain Guard & Coolant Reservoir Cover

IMG_20170526_143623.jpg

IMG_20170526_143611.jpg

- Pancho

• Like 1

You've never seen me cause I'm too damn fast!

I said I was sorry as I parked the R1, patted her on the saddle and gave a little love.

“Laws that forbid the carrying of arms disarm only those who are neither inclined nor determined to commit crimes.” --Thomas Jefferson quoting Cesare Beccaria

• Premium Member
@botticelli  ,nice job with the spiegler brake lines. I was thinking of getting the same setup (2 lines from master). Does the brake setup you installed come with a longer bolt to attach the 2 lines to the master cylinder? Also, does the additional line coming from the master snap in place somewhere to hold it in place by the fork area?
was searching for spiegler and saw this.. don't think you got your questions answered. 
Yes, they send you a longer bolt that lets you attach both of the lines to the master cylinder.
Also, they send you clamps so the lines go through them under the headlight.
See the picture below (pardon the dust)

IMG_1270.jpg

• Like 4

Installed my new Dunlop Q3's that I bought at 4wheelonline and then I went out for a short ride.
I swear by Qs, how do you like them with the FZ?  Wont put anything else on my R1. 
Tech tip of the day

New tires use a wire brush in a X pattern just a couple of scribs starting from Mid tire to side wall.  This will scrub the tire for you and break the slick new surface up for a safer adventure.

• Like 2

“Laws that forbid the carrying of arms disarm only those who are neither inclined nor determined to commit crimes.” --Thomas Jefferson quoting Cesare Beccaria