The MT-07 Forum

What did you do to your Yamaha FZ-07 today?

Cruizin

Congrats on your fresh marriage. If you want your wife to be a regular passenger, do consider a motorcycle made for that purpose. And please wear some protective gear - it hurts just looking at the pictures. Even though you may be in control, you do not have the road to yourself.

Understood, this definitely won't be a regular occurrence with this bike. These pictures were taken in the neighborhood without traffic before we took off.

Glad to hear that :) Try to borrow or steal a cruiser with a big pillion seat and some back support and see if your wife enjoy that more - you may end up lucky and find out that you can share the experience frequently ;)

just installed new levers from amazon, see link below
https://www.amazon.com/MZS-Clutch-Levers-Yamaha-Diversion/dp/B01LNEGSHU/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1497117455&sr=8-1&keywords=mzs+levers

i have a question, do you need to adjust the clutch cable affter installing new lever? i noticed the lever doesn't really go back to position after disengage. i twisted the knob to tighten it, is this correct? thanks!

Most certainly need to. Adjust it so that the clutch isn't engaged while the lever is out. Otherwise it's up to you how you want it. Some like the clutch to engage just as you start to pull the lever(think short/quick shift), while others like to pull the lever closer to the grip before it engages. Your comfort level is somewhere in there. Yes the knob should be enough to adjust it.

• Like 1

Most certainly need to. Adjust it so that the clutch isn't engaged while the lever is out. Otherwise it's up to you how you want it. Some like the clutch to engage just as you start to pull the lever(think short/quick shift), while others like to pull the lever closer to the grip before it engages. Your comfort level is somewhere in there. Yes the knob should be enough to adjust it.
@redstang4 ok cool. thanks for the reply!

Just installed the PROTON 500 FLUSHMOUNTS, awesome product, I saw them on JakeSnake channel and he had to solder them, but now they include the factory connector, just had to drill a small 5/32 in the plastic support and ready to go, awesome!!!! Cleaner look and just washed it so looks sexy as hell!

IMG_20170610_161655.jpg

• Like 1

why did you have to drill anything? I did no drilling..
Hmmm, so the screw would go through the plastic support and I could tight it against it.

why did you have to drill anything? I did no drilling..
Hmmm, so the screw would go through the plastic support and I could tight it against it.
Yup...no drilling here either.  Did you use the supplied washer?  It goes on the inside of the plastic support and allows you to tighten the screw against the plastic.

• Premium Member
Or get her a bike of her own.
Thats exactly what I did.  

Crush your enemies. See them driven before you. Hear the lamentations of their women.          Fuss Life.

martyinaustin

well, i got her in trouble on Friday...2nd ROT rally in a row i've been pulled over. this time the wanker gave me a speeding ticket. then last night we got taught a lesson by a nice young man on a BMW 1000RR. good times.

IMG_4393_1.jpg

• Like 1

Yes 

“Laws that forbid the carrying of arms disarm only those who are neither inclined nor determined to commit crimes.” --Thomas Jefferson quoting Cesare Beccaria

Shes hates driving cars, she's terrified of bikes.
Does she like horses?
She's fine with horses, her sister rides horses frequently and her mom used to have one.

What I did to my FZ today is unmentionable, what is done in the garage stays in the garage :)

• Like 2

“Laws that forbid the carrying of arms disarm only those who are neither inclined nor determined to commit crimes.” --Thomas Jefferson quoting Cesare Beccaria

Guest 2wheeler

I remedied a mistake I made. The last time I put gas in my FZ, I completely spaced out and put 87 octane in.  After reading the many and varied thoughts on this forum, I have been running Shell 93 V-Power ever since I got my ECU flashed. Truth be known, I never did an experiment after the flash to see if there really was a difference until my recent goof-up. Yes, there was a noticable difference in my bike with it being more responsive after I got a full tank of Shell in it. Was it a huge difference... no, but I definitely noticed it.

• Global Moderator
I rode it. Felt pretty good, too.

When I came back from my ride, the trip odometer read 66.6 . 

That just means it's time to listen to some Slayer and maybe eat some goat

ATGATT... ATTATT, two acronyms I live by.

• Premium Member

Nice bike, Nice house, and slow and steady, thats how my wife got me into riding.... and look at me now LOL!

I've had the bike for a year and the fiancée hasn't been excited about the fact that I've been riding. We've been married for two weeks and today she agreed to go for a ride. We did over 50mi of highway and back roads two-up. She even said it was kind of fun, although the back seat was quite uncomfortable for her. Second picture shows her laughing at me as I explain to her that I was taking pictures of cats for the riding game.

de31835b1e3d07284df6b4c57d9070fc.jpg

efbce90f61e7f1516ecb4a6f23feef9e.jpg

• Like 1

'16 FZ07

Nice bike, Nice house, and slow and steady, thats how my wife got me into riding.... and look at me now

It was a nice house, wish it was mine lol.