The MT-07 Forum

What did you do to your Yamaha FZ-07 today?

Cruizin

Nice bike, Nice house, and slow and steady, thats how my wife got me into riding.... and look at me now
It was a nice house, wish it was mine lol.

Bigger house means more rooms to fill with stuff. More space to keep clean. That equates to less money for bikes, and less time to ride.

• Premium Member

0611171904a.jpg

0611171904.jpg

This is how I will get the bike to the track 3.5 hours away.  Any suggestions for tying down the bike?  I have never transported a bike before.  I have 4 ratchet tie-downs compressing the suspension maybe an inch right now.

• Like 2

Craig Mapstone
Upstate New York

Can I borrow your motorhome? I got an itch for Key West. Could carry the bike, the kayak and a big, fat cooler packed with beer! ::)

• Like 1

Beemer

• Premium Member
Can I borrow your motorhome? I got an itch for Key West. Could carry the bike, the kayak and a big, fat cooler packed with beer! ::)

It's my wife's motorhome. :) But yah, works great for my hobbies.

Craig Mapstone
Upstate New York

• Premium Member

Put her away for the night, see you in the morning...

20170612_183925.jpg

• Like 3

• Premium Member

Parked the FJ-09 for a few days... Worlds apart they are...

2015 fz-07- Hordpower Edition...2015 fj-09- 120whp- Graves Exhaust w/Woolich Race Kit- tuned by 2WDW

• Global Moderator
Installed R&G radiator guard which just arrived, and the Yamaha metal side covers which I've had since last summer.  :D 
IMG_20170613_193613681_HDR.jpg

IMG_20170613_193701614_HDR.jpg

I wish the chain guard was black to match.  :-/  

Paint it?

ATGATT... ATTATT, two acronyms I live by.

Installed R&G radiator guard which just arrived, and the Yamaha metal side covers which I've had since last summer.  :D 
IMG_20170613_193701614_HDR.jpg

I wish the chain guard was black to match.  :-/  

Paint it?
But I'm lazy and don't want to take it off and put it back on again.  :D  

I did half of the 600 mile service and a few other bits:

Oil / Filter change. Replaced stock oil drain plug with "gold plug" magnetic drain plug in stainless.
Clean / Lube and adjust chain.
Replace stock axle nut with ti from pro-bolt http://www.probolt-usa.com/titanium-axle-nut-rear-wheel-85.html
Cleaned air filter check hose.
Removed passenger foot pegs and did a quick home-made reservoir bracket (Heavy gauge wire from 5-gal bucket handle with a twist on each end works just fine.)
Replaced tire valve stem caps with aluminum caps.
I will revisit the chain tension and rear wheel alignment. I paid close attention to ensure that both sides were adjusted evenly, but there is a teensy bit of wobble looking down at the sprocket as the wheel turns. I will tinker to see if I can get it sorted to my liking.

Waiting on some aftermarket levers, then I'll do the levers, r6 throttle tube, cable inspection, etc and throttle body sync. Also looking into doing the easy seat removal via the latest posts with the cut down bolt and pins.

• Like 2

I did half of the 600 mile service and a few other bits: 
Oil / Filter change. Replaced stock oil drain plug with "gold plug" magnetic drain plug in stainless.
Clean / Lube and adjust chain.
Replace stock axle nut with ti from pro-bolt http://www.probolt-usa.com/titanium-axle-nut-rear-wheel-85.html
Cleaned air filter check hose.
Removed passenger foot pegs and did a quick home-made reservoir bracket (Heavy gauge wire from 5-gal bucket handle with a twist on each end works just fine.)
Replaced tire valve stem caps with aluminum caps.
I will revisit the chain tension and rear wheel alignment. I paid close attention to ensure that both sides were adjusted evenly, but there is a teensy bit of wobble looking down at the sprocket as the wheel turns. I will tinker to see if I can get it sorted to my liking.

Waiting on some aftermarket levers, then I'll do the levers, r6 throttle tube, cable inspection, etc and throttle body sync. Also looking into doing the easy seat removal via the latest posts with the cut down bolt and pins.
Unless your bike feels like its running funky, you shouldn't have to bother with the throttle body sync at 600 miles. As long as it doesn't feel lumpy/choppy/uneven or the like, its just a precautionary item on the list. Though if you want to do it or have the dealer then by all means; I've found that piece of mind knowing your bike is in proper riding condition to be worth it, it is a line we all ride.

• Global Moderator
Paint it?
But I'm lazy and don't want to take it off and put it back on again.  :D  

I know what you mean I know how much of a pain in the ass it is to take that thing off.... I've got the same one...

ATGATT... ATTATT, two acronyms I live by.

I've been trying to figure out where this rattling noise has been coming from on my last few rides. I would hear it when I would go over bumps. Maybe the windscreen? Checked it, it's secure. Headlight? It's secure? Turn signals? They're floppy, but secure. Then my last 2 rides, I felt like something was up with the front wheel. Thought maybe tire pressure was low, so I checked that, and it was fine. I had washed the bike recently, so thought maybe just the rim soap had not gotten scrubbed off the tire yet, so it was making it feel slippery. Thought maybe just all the roads suddenly had some weird groove to them that was making my wheel track around.

Finally, I decided to do a more thorough investigation yesterday on my lunch break. And I discover that my frame sliders (OES) were working their way out of the engine mount! :o  The right side one was worse and was almost all the way out. No wonder it felt like the front wheel was wobbly! I used my finger to "tighten" it as much as I could, but I didn't have any tools with me, so I was going to have to ride it home like that. Was a distressing 4 hours after lunch until 5:00. Finally, work was over and I rode home as cautiously as the day I brought it home from the dealer. lol I made it home safe and sound. Got out my torque wrench and hex wrenches and tightened those puppies back to 35 ft lbs. It was shocking how much I had to tighten them. Now, they are nice and firm.

I went for a ride and things felt soooo much better. I still felt like the wheel was a little wobbly, but not sure if it's just my imagination or being hyper-sensitive to wheel movement considering what just happened. I'm going to check the rest of the engine mount bolts today just to make sure nothing else worked its way loose when the other two were not secure. Just wanted to share this, mostly just to share, but also just to say to everyone to check out your frame sliders and make sure they're still secure. Just in case. I have ridden with mine for almost 10,000 miles and only just heard this rattling about 100 miles ago, so had no real reason to think they would have come loose.

• Like 1

It's not your fault what happened, you're not to blame. They are! THEY made it happen!! >:(

[video src=https://youtu.be/FCcdr4O-3gE]  Ha! Glad to see you found the source of the rattling.

• Like 1

Beemer

Installed some new Renthal Low handlebars, gel grips, and an R6 throttle tube! Technically installed this yesterday but didn't get around to uploading pictures (please forgive me). Also, I know my garage is dirty, but I'm just thankful to have a garage to store my bike in the first place as an apartment renter.

Package alert! New bars, throttle tube, and gel grips
IMG_5304.jpg

Disassembly
IMG_5305.jpg

IMG_5306.jpg

New bars installed
IMG_5308.jpg

Slowly coming together. Drilling these bars was a pain but came out nicely for the most part
IMG_5314.jpg

IMG_5315.jpg

And finished
IMG_5317.jpg

Thoughts on the install: I went with Renthal Low bars vs. Ultra-Low under the impression that I still maintain a more upright posture on the bike while improving my overall hand placement width-wise. The sweep feels good and just sitting on the bike itself I feel a lot more comfortable when trying various riding positions. No idea how the Ultra-Lows would have felt, so if anyone out there has them on their FZ07 I'm curious to see how you like the fit. Haven't had a chance to ride yet so hopefully it feels just as good on the road.

I had to relieve tension in the clutch cable for the R6 throttle tube, and the throttle rotation feels much nicer compared to stock, but will be interesting to test on the road. Unfortunately it doesn't look like good riding weather until Thursday where I am, so I'll write my thoughts on the modifications then.

It was definitely a pain drilling holes and getting the gel grips on, but overall pretty pleased with how it turned out. Pretty new to wrenching but I've made it my goal to do as much as possible with this bike!

Bonus dog pic!
IMG_5310.jpg

• Like 5

What do you like about it over the Motul? I use Motorex but am open to trying something new.

Motul was really liquid or fluid, here where I live is rainy season so if I applied it on Saturday around Wednesday you could clearly see it was almost gone if I left the bike standing for a couple of days the chain would start to rust, this Blue Tac is almost as fluid when applied but immediate starts getting gummy or like a thick oil and stays better on the chain, beside almost 0 fling.
  • Like 1

bellissimoto

Loaded it up for Pikes Peak in the BellissiMobile!!!

rfnNy9uh.jpg

Wait, you don't know what the BellissiMobile is?

You need to see this then...

[video src=https://youtu.be/Qjx8NskQ890]

Have a great weekend everyone!  If your at Pikes Peak this weekend feel free to stop by and say hi!

:)

- Paul

BellissiMoto.com

• Like 6

• Premium Member

Received the new Bitubo JBH/ZXE11 suspension upgrades from @bellissimoto  today and read all the documentation cover to cover, at least where it was in English. :D  
I'll be doing the install on Monday. I'm anxious to get started.. but unfortunately I don't have a day off until then. Hopefully by then @chuckles will have posted his installation post that I can learn from.
This is going to look as awesome as it should perform on my rapid red ABS model. :)

full_kit_small.jpg

Dials_small.jpg

• Like 5

DewMan

Just shut up and ride.