The MT-07 Forum

What did you do to your Yamaha FZ-07 today?

Cruizin

• Global Moderator
Loaded it up for Pikes Peak in the BellissiMobile!!! 

rfnNy9uh.jpg

Wait, you don't know what the BellissiMobile is?

You need to see this then...

[video src=https://youtu.be/Qjx8NskQ890]

Have a great weekend everyone!  If your at Pikes Peak this weekend feel free to stop by and say hi!

:)

- Paul

BellissiMoto.com

.....too much paulie...  and randy's acting....lol

ATGATT... ATTATT, two acronyms I live by.

• Premium Member
Received the new Bitubo JBH/ZXE11 suspension upgrades from @bellissimoto  today and read all the documentation cover to cover, at least where it was in English. :D   I'll be doing the install on Monday. I'm anxious to get started.. but unfortunately I don't have a day off until then. Hopefully by then @chuckles will have posted his installation post that I can learn from.
This is going to look as awesome as it should perform on my rapid red ABS model. :)

full_kit_small.jpg

Dials_small.jpg

Oooooooo, Hot Damn! Nice shots DewMan thanks for these, and to think I have the exact same thing coming. (Inappropriate boner)  :D    I may be hitting you up for install tips this winter. Enjoy sir. 
  • Like 2

Crush your enemies. See them driven before you. Hear the lamentations of their women.          Fuss Life.

Cool mod, most excellent dog. :)
Installed some new Renthal Low handlebars, gel grips, and an R6 throttle tube! Technically installed this yesterday but didn't get around to uploading pictures (please forgive me). Also, I know my garage is dirty, but I'm just thankful to have a garage to store my bike in the first place as an apartment renter.

Thoughts on the install: I went with Renthal Low bars vs. Ultra-Low under the impression that I still maintain a more upright posture on the bike while improving my overall hand placement width-wise. The sweep feels good and just sitting on the bike itself I feel a lot more comfortable when trying various riding positions. No idea how the Ultra-Lows would have felt, so if anyone out there has them on their FZ07 I'm curious to see how you like the fit. Haven't had a chance to ride yet so hopefully it feels just as good on the road.

I had to relieve tension in the clutch cable for the R6 throttle tube, and the throttle rotation feels much nicer compared to stock, but will be interesting to test on the road. Unfortunately it doesn't look like good riding weather until Thursday where I am, so I'll write my thoughts on the modifications then.

It was definitely a pain drilling holes and getting the gel grips on, but overall pretty pleased with how it turned out. Pretty new to wrenching but I've made it my goal to do as much as possible with this bike!

Bonus dog pic!
IMG_5310.jpg

• Like 1

6 weeks post-op (shoulder surgery), riding again, at least the short commute to and from work ... mentally therapeutic, but probably not recommended.  It's under 10 miles but feels Oh so good!

• Like 6

I swear I heard my FZ call me a biatch when I pulled the R1 back in.

• Like 3

“Laws that forbid the carrying of arms disarm only those who are neither inclined nor determined to commit crimes.” --Thomas Jefferson quoting Cesare Beccaria

• Premium Member

Oooooooo, Hot Damn! Nice shots DewMan thanks for these, and to think I have the exact same thing coming. (Inappropriate boner)  :D    I may be hitting you up for install tips this winter. Enjoy sir.
Not a problem.... always happy to answer any questions.. I still say you're crazy to wait until winter.... If you have all the correct parts & tools... It can be done in a day without rushing. 

DewMan

Just shut up and ride.

• Premium Member
Not a problem.... always happy to answer any questions.. I still say you're crazy to wait until winter.... If you have all the correct parts & tools... It can be done in a day without rushing.
Thanks, still waiting for my package, no notice yet. I dont have all the tools unfortunately but might have a few friends who do and know whats what with this sort of thing. Im all for getting my hands dirty, I just have no f'n clue what Im doing. First bike. If you guys do a detailed install write up I'll be forever indebted.

Crush your enemies. See them driven before you. Hear the lamentations of their women.          Fuss Life.

Received the new Bitubo JBH/ZXE11 suspension upgrades from @bellissimoto  today and read all the documentation cover to cover, at least where it was in English. :D   I'll be doing the install on Monday. I'm anxious to get started.. but unfortunately I don't have a day off until then. Hopefully by then @chuckles will have posted his installation post that I can learn from.
This is going to look as awesome as it should perform on my rapid red ABS model. :)

full_kit_small.jpg

Dials_small.jpg

Wow! Nice! Hoping for a write up when you're finished!
  • Like 1

dreadykrueger

Finally got this impaktech clutch lever installed. Works like a dream but using 1 finger takes some getting used to3bf3d4510b3469c8ac9c86c9eed67805.jpg

• Like 3

• Global Moderator

I installed black side covers and wheel stripes :)

IMG_0563.jpg

• Like 3

Fitted the stock indicator relay - PO had fitted a TST together with the LEDs - and now my flashers come on instantly  8-)

Removed stickers (which nobody will see ATM)
20170625_201022_zps7bleuwxi.jpg

and fitted OEM heated grips
20170625_201031_zpsm9atixgi.jpg

as well as Bagster tank cover
20170625_203944_zps4hra6xov.jpg
20170625_203956_zpsydvkjqdg.jpg

• Like 2

• Premium Member

@Faffi can you explain the use of the "bagster tank cover"? Does it serve a purpose other than cosmetics?

DewMan

Just shut up and ride.

Yes, it is to hold a tank bag.

Bagster_Minea_Expanded2_300x185.jpg

I have one from my old Sprint 900, currently staying with my brother. It is British Racing Green, but I don't mind. And it will match the Kawasaki jacket I use most of the time riding the MT-07 :D

• Like 2

^ That tank cover/bag is very interesting!

I installed this sexy coolant reservoir cover ;)  

IMG_20170624_101604119_HDR.jpg

and then took a ride with it

IMG_20170625_124638_131.jpg

Totally not worth the money, but it does look nice with the radiator covers. I think my billet aluminum makeover is finally complete. 

• Like 2

Fitted a Denali SoundBomb Mini Low Tone 113dB Horn and unfortunately wasn't scared out of my socks. Deeper, more pleasant sound than the stock horn, but not alarmingly louder, I'm sorry to say.

Got some Proton 500 Flushmounts in the mail today; gonna install tonight and thankfully get rid of the massive OEM globes

• Like 1

Installed aftermarket levers and R6 throttle tube. I got the one from Belissimoto which came with a grip already, so the swap was exceptionally simple. I think that I like the smaller diameter grip on the R6 tube better than the factory FZ07. Did a few rounds in the driveway to make sure that everything was working 100%. Then sadly put her away. Hopefully I can get a ride in this week to make sure that the rear wheel is properly aligned from the chain adjustment.

levers

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00Q2XG12A/ref=oh_aui_detailpage_o01_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

• Like 1

• Premium Member

Well, it wasn't today, but I rode it!

Had the chance to ride Pikes Peak during the event weekend and on the way back to Vegas, we took a 5 hour detour just so we could ride the Million Dollar Hwy (Hwy 550 from Ouray to Silverton Colorado).

It was awesome!

Pikes Peak:

cJ2nSHkl.jpg

Wj7R97rl.jpg

xFYwgDfl.jpg

XZlO7z4l.jpg
ipr5GwCl.jpg

Million Dollar Hwy:

3CX19xyl.jpg
LvQLoBBl.jpg

:)

- Paulie

• Like 8

Got some Proton 500 Flushmounts in the mail today; gonna install tonight and thankfully get rid of the massive OEM globes
I don't know if this is the right place for this; but I'm having some issues with these lights. I installed them no problem but the left turn signal won't turn off. Even when the turn signal is off or even to the left it keeps blinking. Anyone got any insight on this??

I don't know if this is the right place for this; but I'm having some issues with these lights. I installed them no problem but the left turn signal won't turn off. Even when the turn signal is off or even to the left it keeps blinking. Anyone got any insight on this??
Alright I think they sent me a bad bulb because it doesn't matter which side the signal is plugged into-- the issue keeps coming up. But the other signal works fine no matter which side it's plugged into. I'm going to try a relay but I doubt it'll solve my problem.

• Premium Member

@Taliben If the light won't turn off that assumes continuous power to it.

If your turn signal switch is working correctly, and you've wired the lights correctly, it should be impossible for the turn signal to stay on without the switch enabled. You did push in on the turn signal switch to cancel the turn signal I'm assuming? I don't see how changing the relay will effect this issue.

Best of luck resolving your issue.

DewMan

Just shut up and ride.

@taliben If the light won't turn off that assumes continuous power to it.  
If your turn signal switch is working correctly, and you've wired the lights correctly, it should be impossible for the turn signal to stay on without the switch enabled. You did push in on the turn signal switch to cancel the turn signal I'm assuming? I don't see how changing the relay will effect this issue.

Best of luck resolving your issue.
The lights are plug and play; the connector is already wired in from HighTechSpeed. The issue is that when the ignition is on, the turn signal automatically turns on without any input. So basically instead of being a normal running light the turn signal is blinking and flashing as if I turned it on at the turn signal switch. The other light they provided me with has no issues. 

I played
Enne
Meene
Mini
Moto
Which
Should
I
Ride
and
You
Are
It

R1 won  :) left the FZ at home, the DRZ was saying well at least he rides you

“Laws that forbid the carrying of arms disarm only those who are neither inclined nor determined to commit crimes.” --Thomas Jefferson quoting Cesare Beccaria

• Premium Member

@taliben, Good info, You didn't specify if this is a front turn signal/running light, but I'll assume it is. Does the running light stay on while it's flashing? If the running light stays on I'd lean toward it being a bad bulb with possibly a short between the running and blinker circuits. If the running light is not running while it's flashing I'd say the wires are crossed either at the connecters or internally.

Or it could be neither, I'm just spit balling. :)

Again good luck.

DewMan

Just shut up and ride.