The MT-07 Forum

What did you do to your Yamaha FZ-07 today?

Cruizin

• Global Moderator
Reinstalled the ECU after getting reflash from 2wheeldynoworks. What a difference it makes. I recommend his service to anyone who is on the fence about it. Took her out on a 180 mile trip today.  
I also removed the Yoshimura decibel suppressor and dropped the screw in between the exhaust pipe and carbon fiber shroud.. it now rattles at idle..

If you take the can off and can a shake it out a little bit you can usually get that screw to come back to line up with the hole and get it out... That's how I got mine out when I first installed it
  • Like 1

ATGATT... ATTATT, two acronyms I live by.

• Premium Member

Finally got both the FZ-07 and the FJ-09 on the road riding together for the first time they meet back in oct 2016... I hope they get along and share the road ?... 1500cc of Yamaha ready to have fun... 

• Like 2

2015 fz-07- Hordpower Edition...2015 fj-09- 120whp- Graves Exhaust w/Woolich Race Kit- tuned by 2WDW

• Premium Member

IMG_01121.jpg

got both bikes together out riding at the same time...even randomly met @Jake. or josh ? again at the little event one of the local dealership was having... 

• Like 1

2015 fz-07- Hordpower Edition...2015 fj-09- 120whp- Graves Exhaust w/Woolich Race Kit- tuned by 2WDW

Got my old Bagster 2-story tank bag back from my brother, where it has collected dust for a decade. The good thing about these bags is that they will fit any Bagster tank cover and that it can be split in two; you can use only the smaller section, or only the larger section - or both sections together. Sorry for the poor pictures - my shed is uber-crammed.

20170730_122203.jpg

20170730_122152.jpg

20170730_122106.jpg

• Like 2

• Global Moderator

I installed a new licence plate. (please do not notice the number...apparently you are not supposed to post that for some reason, buy I trust you guys).  Someone at the DOL did not consider the year sticker placement.  

IMG_0591.jpg

• Like 1

• Premium Member
Reinstalled the ECU after getting reflash from 2wheeldynoworks. What a difference it makes. I recommend his service to anyone who is on the fence about it. Took her out on a 180 mile trip today.  
I also removed the Yoshimura decibel suppressor and dropped the screw in between the exhaust pipe and carbon fiber shroud.. it now rattles at idle..
If the bolt is magnetic, use an old harddrive magnet to slide it out of the end cap..
  • Like 1

added some stickers n a carbon fiber protector to the gas cap.

IMG_4123.jpg

IMG_4126.jpg

IMG_4215.jpg

• Like 2

2017 FZ-07 ABS

• Premium Member

0730171718.jpg
Second track day and the s21 bridgestones are working well.  The counteract balance beads seem to work well too.

• Like 3

Craig Mapstone
Upstate New York

0730171718.jpg
Second track day and the s21 bridgestones are working well.  The counteract balance beads seem to work well too.
Never had mine on a track but after around 6k miles I'm ready for a new set. No tight turns around here so mine have worn mostly in the middle. When I have had to lean far they did grip very well. I still may try the Mich P4's since there's been so much good talk about them. I'm hoping I get the same good grip but a little more life than what my S21's provided. I'm sure they're working well for you on the track. 

Beemer

Not exactly for my bike, but me when I ride in the cold and/or wet. Only the Everest jacket, not the pants. Why different pants? Because I could not get the right size in Everest at a price I was willing to pay :D Couldn't order from Revzilla, they did not ship these items to Norway, but they have good videos.

Got my old Bagster 2-story tank bag back from my brother, where it has collected dust for a decade. The good thing about these bags is that they will fit any Bagster tank cover and that it can be split in two; you can use only the smaller section, or only the larger section - or both sections together. Sorry for the poor pictures - my shed is uber-crammed. 

20170730_122203.jpg

20170730_122152.jpg

20170730_122106.jpg

Is that one of those leather tank covers you have there?

Yes, a Bagster tank cover made for the MT/FZ 07 that I recently bought. The bag doesn't match the colour of anything other than the Kawasaki jacket I usually wear while riding - I love to annoy the fashion police :D

Yes, a Bagster tank cover made for the MT/FZ 07 that I recently bought. The bag doesn't match the colour of anything other than the Kawasaki jacket I usually wear while riding - I love to annoy the fashion police :D

Nice! At the risk of sounding stupid, what is the purpose of it? I saw a yellow one online and thought it looked cool as it would match my bike.

Since you cannot slap a magnet tank bag on these bikes (unless you start gluing magnets underneath the shell of the tank) and I wanted a place to carry luggage, a removable tank bag fitted to a "permanent" foundation seemed like a good idea. The Bagster cover will also protect the tank's finish against scratches that usually come when a tank bag is carried directly on the paint.

To removed the tank bag, which have carrier grips, you just open the two swivels at the front and push down the two lock at the rear and walk away. The bag can carry quite a bit of stuff when doubled up, but will also make it next to impossible to see the instruments unless you are 8 ft tall :D For day trips, I'm just going to carry one layer where I can put a can of water and some food and perhaps spare gloves etc.

BTW, the Bagster bags like mine will only work together with a Bagster tank cover.

Fair enough, makes sense now. Thanks faffi. The first time i saw it i thought it was a backpack that would resemble the love if my life ?. I wonder how hard it would be to make it into one.....

It should be fairly easy to make the top of a Bagster cover with a fairly large, flat tank top (as in most race reps) fit around the stock pillion seat cover, but I think the seat pad may be slightly short. To make it work, you probably have to use the tail piece to anchor one end of the bag. I'll try to remember to measure how far the locks on the cover are apart so that you can see what can be done with your bike.

• Global Moderator
If the bolt is magnetic, use an old harddrive magnet to slide it out of the end cap..
bolt is stainless, corrosion resistance is key after all....

• Global Moderator
0730171718.jpg Second track day and the s21 bridgestones are working well.  The counteract balance beads seem to work well too.
Never had mine on a track but after around 6k miles I'm ready for a new set. No tight turns around here so mine have worn mostly in the middle. When I have had to lean far they did grip very well. I still may try the Mich P4's since there's been so much good talk about them. I'm hoping I get the same good grip but a little more life than what my S21's provided. I'm sure they're working well for you on the track.
the PR4's have a dual compound setup, the center treads are a bit of a harder compound than the s21s and the shoulders are softer and when warm should be grippier but they also have more siping for rain... ive been using them for a while now and like em... but im probably gonna lean towards the q3+ on the next swap... something about 10k out of a set of track tires seems appealing 

• Like 1

Added this sticker to Stella tonight. Oh it came with a flashed ecu as well.  Still waiting on my exhaust to see how it all goes together!
image.jpg

• Like 3

2015 FZ-07

• Premium Member
the PR4's have a dual compound setup, the center treads are a bit of a harder compound than the s21s and the shoulders are softer and when warm should be grippier but they also have more siping for rain... ive been using them for a while now and like em... but im probably gonna lean towards the q3+ on the next swap... something about 10k out of a set of track tires seems appealing 

The s21 vs. Q3 plus would be a good shoot-out!
  • Like 1

Craig Mapstone
Upstate New York

I recycled mine today.  They came and towed it away this morning. 
JtWmXi9.jpg

ZKRvyOS.jpg

crY1nNX.jpg

Damn man. Hope you're OK!