The MT-07 Forum

What did you do to your Yamaha FZ-07 today?

Cruizin

Thanks Caliesv. Physically fine. Emotionally torn. It was a week ago today. I was pretty sore for about five days. Nothing is broke but I messed my wrist up pretty bad.

• Like 1

Thanks Caliesv. Physically fine. Emotionally torn. It was a week ago today. I was pretty sore for about five days. Nothing is broke but I messed my wrist up pretty bad.
It's going to take a while to get your mind right again if you decide to get back on a bike. We all been there, or will be there sooner or later. Hang in there. Take it easy man.
  • Like 1

I dindu nuffin yet but I just purchased a new set of tires. They aren't top of the line and they aren't even for racing. They're for a cautious guy that doesn't push the envelope, lives where there are more redneck babies with mullets than curves and gets off the road when it rains. I realize I just don't really need the best tire out there for how I ride so I settled on these. Nothing bad about them really. A little outdated but still plenty good for my needs aaaaand at a good price. < the cherry!

https://www.amazon.com/Dunlop-Roadsmart-Tire-Construction-Application/dp/B007GR5K64/ref=sr_1_fkmr1_2?ie=UTF8&qid=1501853903&sr=8-2-fkmr1&keywords=dunlop+roadsmart+iii+motorcycle+tires

• Like 1

Beemer

Same, glad you're OK. Got that wreck on video? I noticed your GP case mounted on the bars. Don't worry, I/we won't go too hard on ya.  ;) I promise! 

P-)

• Like 3

Beemer

Late last night I snuck out and caressed it wispering sweet nothings into its throttle bodies.  I wiped its slender ass with wax and played gingerly with the finer details of her breasts with a soft diaper and more was, then I sat on her and made snesual sounds like braaaaap, braaaap and vroom.

Oh Ya thats what I am talking about

• Like 3

“Laws that forbid the carrying of arms disarm only those who are neither inclined nor determined to commit crimes.” --Thomas Jefferson quoting Cesare Beccaria

I dindu nuffin yet but I just purchased a new set of tires. They aren't top of the line and they aren't even for racing. They're for a cautious guy that doesn't push the envelope, lives where there are more redneck babies with mullets than curves and gets off the road when it rains. I realize I just don't really need the best tire out there for how I ride so I settled on these. Nothing bad about them really. A little outdated but still plenty good for my needs aaaaand at a good price. < the cherry! 
https://www.amazon.com/Dunlop-Roadsmart-Tire-Construction-Application/dp/B007GR5K64/ref=sr_1_fkmr1_2?ie=UTF8&qid=1501853903&sr=8-2-fkmr1&keywords=dunlop+roadsmart+iii+motorcycle+tires

Personal review/opinions required after a few thousand miles!

• Premium Member

Smart tire choice. :)
  • Like 1

Craig Mapstone
Upstate New York

Personal review/opinions required after a few thousand miles!
Absolutely!  
  • Like 1

Beemer

So My exhaust showed up today!  Installed in about an hour!  Love the new sound and coupled with the ecu flash from 2wheeldyno, the bike is a beast. Very happy. 
IMG_0246.jpg

IMG_0248.jpg

IMG_0249.jpg

• Like 3

2015 FZ-07

Got my old Bagster 2-story tank bag back from my brother, where it has collected dust for a decade. The good thing about these bags is that they will fit any Bagster tank cover and that it can be split in two; you can use only the smaller section, or only the larger section - or both sections together. Sorry for the poor pictures - my shed is uber-crammed. 

20170730_122203.jpg

20170730_122152.jpg

20170730_122106.jpg

I rode the bike for the first time today since installing the bag. I use only the taller of the two separate bags. The positive is that this does not obstruct the instuments in any way for me. I am 180 cm / 5'11", 32in inseam. Using both bags together will probably make it difficult to read the instruments, especially if they are stuffed. 
The bottom plate of the bags measure 37 cm in length and 27 cm in width.

• Premium Member

Two words: Track day.
If you haven't done one then you definitely need to.

• Like 1

• Premium Member

I was deciding between the Roadsmart 3, PR4, or Angel GT - any thoughts??

his face seems pulled and tense
like he's riding on a motorbike in the strongest winds

I was deciding between the Roadsmart 3, PR4, or Angel GT - any thoughts??
I couldn't say, I've never used them but I've heard good things about all of them. You can always listen to what others think about the tires they bought but I suggest just you also read up on them, read reviews and make your own decision. If one tire offers everything you want from a tire at a lower price than the others then get those. That's my recommendation. GL!  

Beemer

Generally speaking, if you like the Dunlops and Bridgestones, you will not like the Pirellis or Michelins. The two former are harder and give a totally different feedback than the softer, more compliant latter brands. It's like chassis setups - some find a harsh ride give them feedback, others prefer soft setting to their liking. Best thing is to try for yourself.

• Like 1

• Premium Member
panchobullet

Got an awesome Bitubo XXF31 shock and JBH cartridge from @bellissimoto but only got to install the shock today. 

[attachment id=2533" thumbnail="1]

I'll provide a full review once JBH is installed and got to take it out for a good spin. 

• Like 6

You've never seen me cause I'm too damn fast!

• Premium Member

I'm looking forward to your take on it. :)

DewMan

Just shut up and ride.

Finally got around to removing the tank sticker. Installed CRG bar-end mirrors and Woodcraft frame sliders. Then rode it 200 miles.

20170808_121539.jpg

20170808_121548.jpg

20170808_121614.jpg

• Like 3

• Premium Member

0611171904.jpg

svg image hosting
Signed up for another track day at the New York Safety Track.  I stay overnight at the near by Wal-Mart and then show up to the track first thing in the morning.  I'm going this Sunday.

• Like 8

Craig Mapstone
Upstate New York

bellissimoto
Got an awesome Bitubo XXF31 shock and JBH cartridge from @bellissimoto but only got to install the shock today.  

I'll provide a full review once JBH is installed and got to take it out for a good spin. 

First XXF31 we've ever sold!  Can't wait for your review! 
- Paul

BellissiMoto.com
  • Like 1

• Premium Member
0611171904.jpg

svg image hosting
Signed up for another track day at the New York Safety Track.  I stay overnight at the near by Wal-Mart and then show up to the track first thing in the morning.  I'm going this Sunday.
Is that the rack from Harbor Freight??? Says it'll hold 400lb but I always wondered if the wee FZ would be too much...
  • Like 1

his face seems pulled and tense
like he's riding on a motorbike in the strongest winds