The MT-07 Forum

What did you do to your Yamaha FZ-07 today?

Cruizin

• Premium Member

Started to install the Rizoma bars I've had for a while. Still haven't had time to put the grips and barends on. Stock bar are shown on top in the first image for comparison: 

IMG_2332.jpg

IMG_2334.jpg

IMG_2342.jpg

Finally replacing these old bars that were bent because of... reasons...  (rofl)

IMG_2379.jpg

• Like 3

• Premium Member

rode the FZ-07 today as it needed more bbbrraapp juice... as I was refilling the juice box the gentleman at the next gas pump asked me " How fast have you gone?" I replied back "eehhh 575mph give or take"... he looks at me, looks at the bike and replies "Bullshit!" ?... Oooo you ment the bike right? hehehe old man was laughing and said its not an 757 airplane just crusing along ???

• Like 2

2015 fz-07- Hordpower Edition...2015 fj-09- 120whp- Graves Exhaust w/Woolich Race Kit- tuned by 2WDW

• Premium Member
0611171904.jpg 
svg image hosting
Signed up for another track day at the New York Safety Track.  I stay overnight at the near by Wal-Mart and then show up to the track first thing in the morning.  I'm going this Sunday.
Is that the rack from Harbor Freight??? Says it'll hold 400lb but I always wondered if the wee FZ would be too much...

600 lb capacity. From discountramps.com.

Craig Mapstone
Upstate New York

• Premium Member

0805171152.jpg

0805171709.jpg

0805172004.jpg

0812171316.jpg

russian photo sharing

Modded my head fairing to direct some air under the windscreen to reduce some extreme buffeting at 100 mph.  Will see if it works tomorrow....

• Like 3

Craig Mapstone
Upstate New York

Installed a new rear tire, a Michelin Pilot Power 3.
Seems very nice, indeed.
Proof, once again, that the black and round ones are the best tires.

Installed my new led light from Lifetimeled.com. Although I ordered it from a local guy. Basically got free shipping and no tax.
IMG_0286.jpg

IMG_0295.jpg

IMG_0297.jpg

• Like 2

2015 FZ-07

Tofay my plan was to ride to the Nürburgring, but half way there it started to rain and I'm made of sugar so before I started to melt I turned back... just 40km from the track... but I will give a try tomow, anyhow today it was closed for the public...

• Like 1

Cleaned the bike and rims, went to the library and then explored nearby neighborhoods for potential house purchases!

IMG_20170820_083812.jpg
IMG_20170820_083902.jpg
IMG_20170820_093736.jpg
IMG_20170820_093902.jpg
IMG_20170820_094154.jpg

• Like 1

You do you and I'll do me.

Where is that? Looks pretty cool.
It's a new neighborhood being built in Bluff Springs, TX. This looked like the beginnings of a community lake.
  • Like 1

You do you and I'll do me.

I had some new tires put on yesterday and no real complaints other than there's some resistance when turning/leaning. the same thing as with the original BT023's. regardless, I'm real glad to have them on because the steel belt was peeking through on the old tires.  :-S Today I received my bar risers and they look to be made well, very solid feel. I haven't put them on just yet, that may be awhile before I do so the hardware could be questionable. I'll give a review on both later.

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B007GR5K64/ref=oh_aui_detailpage_o02_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1  Got mine for $104
https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B007GR5JQK/ref=oh_aui_detailpage_o04_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1  Got mine for $117
https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B072PZ6N63/ref=oh_aui_detailpage_o01_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1  Got mine for $21

Beemer

page_white_picture.png

Added some auxiliary lighting for more visibility. 

tfqgm5rug9tr3q6_preserve_transparency_False_size_1024x1024_size_mode_2.jpg

twc4dk84250srdh_preserve_transparency_False_size_1024x1024_size_mode_2.jpg

bbcode image link

Tell us more about them. Where did you mount them, difficulty, price? They look nice. Have a link? 
  • Like 2

Beemer

The Aux lights are from TRS (https://www.theretrofitsource.com/led-lighting/daytime-running-lights.html) They're not cheap but cheaper than Denali or other high end lights. I made the mounts from my 3d printer with Nylon which is more UV and temperature resistant. I mounted them using the bold that holds the front wheel cover to the fork tube. These are pretty light so I just bought a longer M6 Bolt to accommodate the light mount.

Headlights were done a while back ago with parts from TRS also. I wish I had my 3d printer then because it would have come in handy for making the housing.

u09v2ymuqqlao50_preserve_transparency_False_size_1024x1024_size_mode_2.jpg

• Like 4

• Global Moderator
jeffkisthename
The Aux lights are from TRS (https://www.theretrofitsource.com/led-lighting/daytime-running-lights.html) They're not cheap but cheaper than Denali or other high end lights. I made the mounts from my 3d printer with Nylon which is more UV and temperature resistant. I mounted them using the bold that holds the front wheel cover to the fork tube. These are pretty light so I just bought a longer M6 Bolt to accommodate the light mount.  
Headlights were done a while back ago with parts from TRS also. I wish I had my 3d printer then because it would have come in handy for making the housing.

u09v2ymuqqlao50_preserve_transparency_False_size_1024x1024_size_mode_2.jpg

You have photos of it lit?

SigSide.jpg

yeah, my hesitation with buying the lights from TRS was the fact that I wasn't sure about the light output. They're actually really bright in daylight. 

Took it for it's MOT a test vehicles have to pass every year once they reach 3 years old,
passed with flying colors with 12200 miles on the clock, may have to sell though as
arthritis is getting to my hands

• Global Moderator
Inexpensive tail tidy kit from Amazon came with no instructions, but got her done today. 
1cb0903406df0c09a89d682c2024e526.jpg
Real men don't read the instructions anyway :) 
BTW, is that a T6 in your profile photo?

• Premium Member
I just bought a longer M6 Bolt 

Looks great! Can I ask where you source your corrosion resistant bolts from?? The crap ones at big box stores rust the moment you walk out of the store. I'd rather use hex bolts than socket bolts. 
Also, I hit 17,000 yesterday!

IKnSACM.jpg
  • Like 2

his face seems pulled and tense
like he's riding on a motorbike in the strongest winds

Noodles, 
I actually bot the socket bolt but zinc plated. I buy from McMaster because I get the parts next day :-P 
These were the ones I used: https://www.mcmaster.com/#=193eoib

I need to make the time to get out and ride more! But tinkering is half the fun of owning the bike  :P

I just bought a longer M6 Bolt 

Looks great! Can I ask where you source your corrosion resistant bolts from?? The crap ones at big box stores rust the moment you walk out of the store. I'd rather use hex bolts than socket bolts. 
Also, I hit 17,000 yesterday!

• Like 1

• Premium Member
I buy from McMaster 

Thank you!!! My new favorite website! Now if only they sold DIY modular electrical connectors, too...

oh my god THEY DO

his face seems pulled and tense
like he's riding on a motorbike in the strongest winds