The MT-07 Forum

What did you do to your Yamaha FZ-07 today?

Cruizin

3 hours ago, rjg said:

Installed Vagabond fender eliminator and reusing OEM turn signals and license plate light - looks great and was $70 shipped.

Installed eBay China rear spools - $25 shipped.  Very nice and perfect fit.

I have the same eliminator. It really does look awesome

Received my order of 50 oil drain plug crush washers from Walmart online - ready for oil changes ($8.99 shipped).

Edited by rjg

Odd Marius Stubbe Glesnes

Today I removed some of the touring stuff from the previous owner, and made it a little more clean. Still waiting for the exhaust and some small bits and pieces.

List of stuff I put on today:

Ebay wind screen

Snell low&wide handle bar

Some generic bar end mirrors

Tail tidy

Some cheap blinkers from Ebay

Plasti dipped some of the silver

Really happy with the bike, sharper turns and I'm sitting at a better angle with the lower bars.

2017-09-21 21.48.49-1.jpg

mt-07.jpg

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Cruizin said:

Did you order online? Do you have a link? 

Well, this was a great deal....   if you own a Honda Gold Wing.  But  it turns out these are about 2x thick and outer diameter is bigger compared to the FZ-07 OEM washer.    They fit fine (M14) but I decided not to use them for now.  This was my first oil change.   What's the old saying?  Buy cheap, buy twice!      

https://www.walmart.com/ip/Pack-of-50-Standard-Oil-Drain-Plug-Crush-Washer-Gasket-For-Honda-94109-14000/732344067

• Haha 1

• Premium Member

Just ordered a new exhaust from Hordpower...got the reg ole stainless Yoshi exhaust...later today I will post up my old aftermarket exhaust for a steal 😀 if anyone wants a LeoVince exhaust... I opted for the works finish which worth 7th gear 😛

nothing wrong with the LeoVince exhaust, I just need to change exhaust to suit my Hordpower Airbox as I have not much luck tuning the bike without a dyno... 

And I will be pulling the ECU to be reflashed back to stock 😵 since Hordpower map was built off the OEM fueling...

2015 fz-07- Hordpower Edition...2015 fj-09- 120whp- Graves Exhaust w/Woolich Race Kit- tuned by 2WDW

I took the Yamaha Sports Screen off to test a theory.... I actually do get cleaner noise and less buffeting.

20170927_132155.thumb.jpg.90c82fc10eef46ccd83fc598a3e8e2b0.jpg

Edited by digitalsteve

• Premium Member

-Today I bid farewell to my LeoVince exhaust as I boxed it up for the future owner @foss... 

-Still patiently waiting for my new Yoshi exhaust- got the one with the WORKS finish from Hordpower 😍

-Swapped the heat controller over from the FJ-09 as it is going into the shop for some warranty work- handlebar riser recall, replacement of front sprocket oil seal cover and check out the CCT as its falls in the potential technical service recall-- the handlebars risers are fine but it has to be replaced, the CCT is still working fine after 6.5k miles of hard usage, the oil seal is leaking over so slightly it leaves a little sheen after 500miles- this is due to improper owners manual slack 😒

-pulled and boxed the FZ-07 ECU to be reflashed back to OEM 😀

• Like 1

2015 fz-07- Hordpower Edition...2015 fj-09- 120whp- Graves Exhaust w/Woolich Race Kit- tuned by 2WDW

• Premium Member

Last Sunday, went to @jeffkisthename's garage to finally put the R6 throttle tube on (after having the thing for almost a year LOL). Wiped it down, put some red loctite on a foot peg that came off. Turned off the DRL so that I wasn't running around with just one working. Oh, and adjusted the clutch.  

I'm also debating on removing my windscreen. The thing is all scratched up. So we'll see what the wife says. 

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

Instagram: @meekmade | You don't need to flat foot a bike to ride it.

Grip it & Rip it

Threw on some CRG clutch & brake levers... shorty for the brake cuz I pretty much always cover the brake and do my braking with two fingers anyway, and standard size for the clutch. They feel awesome.

• Like 2

I fitted Venhill braided front lines.

They have a nice feature: the lines screw onto the banjo fittings at each end. It makes for a simpler install and it's easier to route the lines how you want them. Quality product and would buy again.

WP_20170929_14_36_37_Pro.jpg.9df4e8d751d159c701ea1dba176e5eda.jpg

WP_20170929_15_56_18_Pro.jpg.0be6ccbc087dc1bba35fe7854797a443.jpg

• Like 1

Just a heads up to anyone that takes their bike somewhere to have tires put on.

I recently had new tires put on my bike and shortly there after I started hearing some odd noises coming from below. I also noticed it doesn't make the noise when I let off the gas. It was a steady, *clack, clack, clack* sound so I figured it had to be a loose chain beating up my bike. I inspected it some time later per manual and sure enough, 1. it was about an inch (pressing down 3 ft. lb.) too loose, 2. the right side slack adjuster nuts to be loose as well and 3. the wheel nut wasn't loose but it could've been tighter, it turned fairly easy. Scary!

So, when you get your bike back from any shop be sure and take a minute to check and make sure everything is right. 

Beemer

On 9/18/2017 at 8:59 AM, dmoney said:

Took it out for a spin and met up with some furry friends for lunch 😊20170918_132822.thumb.jpg.ff8b6acbee58a440e9ed68e34e0dd9cd.jpg20170918_135437.thumb.jpg.67ffe99a3481e0bc61f3aada0012d1d4.jpg

I always wonder how they behave.. it seems I see pics of them being more docile than the wild stuff we've got here in the states.  Might just be because you've got so many of them?

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, pjfz1 said:

I always wonder how they behave.. it seems I see pics of them being more docile than the wild stuff we've got here in the states.  Might just be because you've got so many of them?

Is your bike vinyl wrapped?  Nice color!

• Like 1

2 hours ago, pjfz1 said:

They're pretty chilled out. More concerned with food than anything else. Most of the time they'll come and say hello if you're calm

2 hours ago, rjg said:

Is your bike vinyl wrapped?  Nice color!

Thanks rjg. Its a factory standard colour here in Australia. I believe it was part of the 60th anniversary. I'm very happy with it. Its nearly 18 months old and i still love it 😊

• Premium Member
3 hours ago, dmoney said:

Thanks rjg. Its a factory standard colour here in Australia. I believe it was part of the 60th anniversary. I'm very happy with it. Its nearly 18 months old and i still love it 😊

I haven't seen this color before! What thaaaa

• Like 1

Instagram: @meekmade | You don't need to flat foot a bike to ride it.

3 hours ago, dmoney said:

First impressions?

Awesome! Just thrashed it for 30 ish miles and am gonna change the oil now. That motor just wants to pull pull pull, you're hitting 80 before you know it. I can't imagine what riding an FZ 09 is like. So far I've only ridden it in the standard mode with traction control enabled. It's a bit heavy until you get it rolling but once you do it's just as flickable as the 07 was, surprisingly. Riding position is very comfortable, my knees are enjoying having less bend in them. For whatever reason, I was never able to really feel confident cornering the 07, idk if it was the suspension or what. I haven't pushed the FJ very hard so far but everything has been pretty effortless so far. Looking forward to putting some more miles on it.

• Like 2