The MT-07 Forum

What did you do to your Yamaha FZ-07 today?

Cruizin

• Premium Member
5 hours ago, norcal616 said:

Yoshi exhaust installed...still no ECU yet 😢

20171004_193039.jpg

She's a beauty!

• Thanks 1

Crush your enemies. See them driven before you. Hear the lamentations of their women.          Fuss Life.

• Premium Member
42 minutes ago, Mr.Puss said:

She's a beauty!

I agree... shes purrty...im excited again to ride the FZ-07 while its big sister FJ-09 is getting some "warranty" work done... next project is to figure out how to remove the battery tray to help complete the look I want..

2015 fz-07- Hordpower Edition...2015 fj-09- 120whp- Graves Exhaust w/Woolich Race Kit- tuned by 2WDW

Took the baffle out of my Arrow exhaust today. Damn, I love all the sounds it makes, but I feel guilty riding this thing anywhere near civilization. lol

She roars. 

• Like 1

• Premium Member

broke my first bone ever today...fractured my knee cap... here is the damage to the bike... the accident was caused by a large bag of fast food tossed outta the window ny some $#$!:! and. it got spread across the road from a few cars running over it, I was on my way home when it happened in a curve at crack of dawn...was able to ride the bike home and get my self to the med center... damage to me could have been worse, I always wear full leathers and I will need a nee helmet...20171006_110338.thumb.jpg.ae960ad679ac0d990d4c0cf7a8c8d706.jpg

20171006_110502.jpg

2015 fz-07- Hordpower Edition...2015 fj-09- 120whp- Graves Exhaust w/Woolich Race Kit- tuned by 2WDW

• Premium Member
2 hours ago, norcal616 said:

broke my first bone ever today...fractured my knee cap... here is the damage to the bike... 

Damn, man. That sucks but I'm glad it's not worse. Good luck with recovery and fixing the bike back up. 

Some people are just a$$holes. 

• Like 1

Good to hear you will mend! I crashed 10 days ago and for a change didn't break a thing on my body. Bike (my son's Honda) is basically beyond repair and the helmet cracked, but I was up and about immediately. 

• Like 1

norcal16, I really hate that you went down, but really good to hear it wasn't worse than it was. But I'm not the one with a broken kneecap, so I'll leave that judgement up to you lol. 

Hope you heal up straight and fast. Good luck!

• Thanks 1

14 hours ago, JB8201 said:

I installed a Stebel Air Horn. Mount right behind the ECU. It’s loud!

3AC712F3-D80C-479D-A921-26439C522ED6.jpeg

That's awesome to know it will fit in that spot. Thanks for sharing that. 

• Premium Member

@ i28 @ faffi @ shinyribs

thanks for the well wishes... already got the parts on order...only $300 to replace all the broken plastics, new handlebar, shift and clutch lever...  not a scratch on the motor cases. only a tiny little paint scrape on the left side motor mount... exhaust side was not even touched...

as for the broken knee cap- its really not that painful for me as 12yrs I did the same thing to my left knee but did far worse damages by pulling all my knee tendons to just shy of snapping...

my leathers- hardly any damage- just a few road rash marks on the right forearm area- oddly no road rash marks on my leather pants...

helmet is junk- 

always wear your gear and helmet peeps!!!   even just to run a short errand across town... 

• Like 2

norcal616 - just read about your incident and best wishes go out to you for a speedy recovery. Now I hate greasy fries even more!

• Like 1

Beemer

On 10/5/2017 at 5:21 PM, shinyribs said:

Took the baffle out of my Arrow exhaust today. Damn, I love all the sounds it makes, but I feel guilty riding this thing anywhere near civilization. lol

She roars. 

Seen pics of that system it's a good looking exhaust on the FZ.

• Like 1

• Premium Member

pulled all the busted bits... the seat is not included as I still have the Yamaha Comfort Seat... 

list of busted bits:

- clutch lever

- shift lever

- left side rad cover

- left side tank cover

- left side air scoop

- left side tail piece

- handlebars

- left side mirror

- Ermax windscreen- not gonna replace it

- left side stock turn signal- free to replace since I still have stock FJ-09 turn signals

cost to replace-  $300 

20171007_141403.jpg

• Global Moderator
3 hours ago, norcal616 said:

pulled all the busted bits... the seat is not included as I still have the Yamaha Comfort Seat... 

list of busted bits:

- clutch lever

- shift lever

- left side rad cover

- left side tank cover

- left side air scoop

- left side tail piece

- handlebars

- left side mirror

- Ermax windscreen- not gonna replace it

- left side stock turn signal- free to replace since I still have stock FJ-09 turn signals

cost to replace-  $300 

20171007_141403.jpg

glad you're mostly alright dude

i would double check your rad, even with sliders my rad has some damage still, also the frame. if theres any nics/flaking around the welds... i'd get it looked at

ATGATT... ATTATT, two acronyms I live by.

• Global Moderator
On 10/4/2017 at 10:41 PM, norcal616 said:

I agree... shes purrty...im excited again to ride the FZ-07 while its big sister FJ-09 is getting some "warranty" work done... next project is to figure out how to remove the battery tray to help complete the look I want..

gonna be difficult considering its also the fusebox....

maybe model one up and get it 3d printed to relocate the battery and all that jazz?

ATGATT... ATTATT, two acronyms I live by.

• Premium Member
43 minutes ago, sorkyah said:

glad you're mostly alright dude

i would double check your rad, even with sliders my rad has some damage still, also the frame. if theres any nics/flaking around the welds... i'd get it looked at

the rad has some side smush but it dont leak...even on my 7mile trip back home after the crash...I do plan to pull it off and bring it to work to test it and run it thru some scan machines and stretcher/ squaring machine-  after all I do make a living cooling systems for locomotives and what not... I also ordered a new one just in case...  as for the frame i do not see any obvious paint stress around the welds...

Rolled over 10,000 miles on my 6 month old 2016 fz-07. The quest for 100,000 miles is started lol. And installed mirror extenders on my stock mirrors now I can see fully behind me.

• Like 3

Rode it 230 km together with my oldest son and his '77 Z650 under a clear blue sky. The autumn air was crisp and with a low of 3C / 37F and a high of 12C / 54 F, we needed all the clothing we could don. The Givi hand guards together with the Yamaha heated grips were real blessings. The little windscreen and to a lesser degree the Bagster tankbag also helped reduce the chill effect. A great Sunday 😎

Installed the TST smoked taillight. It looks amazing when it's off, the running lights and brake are great but the turn signals aren't nearly as bright as the stock lights. As a temporary solution I just have the stock lights Y'd in so it's visible and maintains the correct flash rate.

Next step is a fender eliminator and figuring out the turn signals. I'm thinking of replacing the rear side covers with mesh and putting an LED strip there to keep the sleek tail and increase visibility.

Edited by thedriver1

Dropped it off for the 1000km service.

Picked it up.

Took it back because the brake light wasn't coming on.

Found out I need a new rear brake switch.

Swore.

• Like 2

11 hours ago, digitalsteve said:

Dropped it off for the 1000km service.

Picked it up.

Took it back because the brake light wasn't coming on.

Swore.

You sure it's just not out of adjustment? This is looking from the back but you just have to turn that nut by hand until the light comes on.

Woodcraft FZ 07 Brake.jpg

Edited by afatrat

Went for a ride Sunday after taking the Givi screen back off. Seems quieter without it and I'm not sure if I even like the looks of the screen anymore. Might just stick with the naked look or try the Yamaha front cowl. Meh,,, thinking LED signals next anyway so not gonna worry about it until next spring.

20171008_144115.jpg

• Premium Member
14 hours ago, digitalsteve said:

is it getting stuck?

have you seen the multiple threads on that switch? it's ridiculous

• Premium Member

put the ole bike back together and was kinda irked I was sent the wrong color pieces but it dawned on me the ole bike is getting a new name " 2 Face Bish" 

20171010_154041.jpg

• Like 1
  • Haha 1