The MT-07 Forum

What did you do to your Yamaha FZ-07 today?

Cruizin

On 9/19/2017 at 8:31 AM, stevebtx12 said:

Motodynamic flush mount LED front signals.

What flash pattern did you opt to use? I like the fast pulse with the double slow. I feel it's the most attention grabbing.

• Like 1

24 minutes ago, mick97702 said:

What flash pattern did you opt to use? I like the fast pulse with the double slow. I feel it's the most attention grabbing.

I left them with the default setting, which is a little faster than stock flash rate.  I liked that these have DRL.

That and the fact that they are hands down the brightest flush mounts out there. I just bought the X-Arc for the back of my bike too. I'm installing them this weekend. 

• Premium Member

Snap @norcal616! I just found out what happened! Speedy recovery!!

• Like 1

Instagram: @meekmade | You don't need to flat foot a bike to ride it.

Installed lights in the air scoops (white drl & orange turn).  Installed lens cover and lights in the under seat "scoops" (red drl & orange turn).  Installed customizable rear brake flasher.  5 flashes fast to slow then solid, repeat after ~15 seconds, but with slower rates each repetition.  I should take pictures, but others have already done these mods elsewhere.  I wish that I would have done a bit more research on the leds ahead of time as the lights aren't as bright as I would like.  They do give a larger "sight" presence and should give a small piece of mind during those dawn and dusk hours that seem to be too light to see lights well and too dark to see smaller objects.  (learned how to solder doing this job.  easy.)

3 hours ago, Zephyr said:

Installed lights in the air scoops (white drl & orange turn).  Installed lens cover and lights in the under seat "scoops" (red drl & orange turn).  Installed customizable rear brake flasher.  5 flashes fast to slow then solid, repeat after ~15 seconds, but with slower rates each repetition.  I should take pictures, but others have already done these mods elsewhere.  I wish that I would have done a bit more research on the leds ahead of time as the lights aren't as bright as I would like.  They do give a larger "sight" presence and should give a small piece of mind during those dawn and dusk hours that seem to be too light to see lights well and too dark to see smaller objects.  (learned how to solder doing this job.  easy.)

Photos please...

On 10/10/2017 at 12:47 PM, norcal616 said:

put the ole bike back together and was kinda irked I was sent the wrong color pieces but it dawned on me the ole bike is getting a new name " 2 Face Bish" 

20171010_154041.jpg

I'd call it The Joker.

On 10/11/2017 at 11:58 PM, timjh said:

Photos please...

Better Update.

Led strips installed for front air scoops and rear seat scoops.

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B01L8YZ0II/ref=oh_aui_detailpage_o02_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

I wish I would have ordered these instead.  I may end up changing them out down the road, but for now everything is soldered in place and I don't feel like re-wiring the bike.

https://www.aliexpress.com/item/335-Chips-85CM-Dual-Color-DRL-Flexible-LED-Tube-Strip-Daytime-Running-Lights-Turn-Signal-Angel/32464680010.html?spm=2114.10010108.1000014.4.e65af47rokObZ&traffic_analysisId=recommend_3035_null_null_null&scm=1007.13338.80878.000000000000000&pvid=96d5dbd8-2751-48df-b27e-f1ecc50a39e9&tpp=1

Led Flasher bulb replacement (Plug & Play).  Good first impression.  Noticeably (much) brighter than stock.

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B01EEI9LLM/ref=oh_aui_detailpage_o04_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

Flasher relay to replace stock relay flasher.

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00RM26LXO/ref=oh_aui_detailpage_o04_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

Brake light custom flash pattern module.  Easy to install, easy to customize.

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00FADDOL4/ref=oh_aui_detailpage_o03_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

Plexi lens material used to cover rear scoop leds.  Not sure if this is the exact material or not.  It was the Duralens-Plaskolite-Prismatic-Clear:  I may redo them to get better fit and finish, but found that scoring the material very well helps to minimize cracking.  Then sand to final fit and shape.  Also sand down the underside as the prism vertices are very sharp and act as a rasp to the plastic scoops.

https://www.lowes.com/pd/DURALENS-7-85-sq-ft-Prism-Ceiling-Light-Panel-Common-24-in-x-48-in-Actual-47-75-in-x-23-75-in/3307656

Front and rear led strips were joined and wired into the rear flasher bulb wires.  The drls were joined and wired into the drl of the rear brake light.  All ground wires were joined & soldered and wired into the ground wire of the rear brake light.  I used posi taps for the flasher and ground wires.  I soldered the rear brake power wire as that simply was cut and add the custom flasher in the middle of that wire.  All wiring was done downstream of the connector to the bike's system, so that if I messed up or want to change in the future I can simply order new wiring harnesses for the rear, and really would only need the brake light and not the flashers since the posi taps don't damage the wiring to an excessive degree.

Pictures.  Not great but give an overall idea.  The white front drls and rear red drls turn off when flasher is on and turn back on after flasher is canceled.  Did not get a picture of the orange flasher on the led strip.  Had some short videos, but they were rather large and I did not see an easy way to post.

20171014_111516.jpg

20171013_180730.jpg

20171013_180740.jpg

20171014_111858.jpg

20171013_180827.jpg

• Like 2

• Premium Member
Eastern Kayaker

Installed the Shrike Mount Bags yesterday, it was an easy install. I ordered the “High” mount version, since I have the stock rear fender/signals. There is a “Low” Mount version to fit bikes that may have a modified rear fender area. There are 2 optional locking features available for these bags. I selected the locking feature that can lock the zippered flap on each bag. There is another locking option to enable you to lock the bags to the bike. These locking options are setup for you at no additional cost. The luggage locks you see on my Shrike bags are not included with the Shrike system. I purchased the luggage locks from Amazon.  Really pleased with these bags, exactly what I was looking for in saddlebags.

6A0B8C56-0A25-430E-86B8-0EF171A9BB0D.thumb.jpeg.b238fa04433c49cef0e966269cbbe457.jpeg

F948E083-5441-4509-A9F4-78202D1970DC.thumb.jpeg.f8224e88083dc9cfa13ac571f2ff819a.jpeg

17AE217A-D832-4E90-88D9-59F8D9E0DAA3.thumb.jpeg.7b473e4687997931c5da120957a3c1a3.jpeg

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Added blue wood craft frame sliders, Tst fork sliders, r&g spool sliders and motorcycle ledlights ice blue 4pc 

9505D6BD-2EF7-4D34-BBF7-23BA2400B2A1.jpeg

• Like 3

My chain was worn and stretched out pretty good and even though it was adjusted right it was just making too much noise @ 21.5k miles (lasted a good long time) so yesterday I had a new chain and sprockets put on the bike. The rear sprocket looked a little worn, the front hardly anything but I (Yamaha 😏) changed them both out anyway to match the new chain. My boy is much quieter now and has a fresh coat of chain lube and looks great! When this cup of coffee is gone I'm in the saddle, baby!

Beemer

On 10/15/2017 at 3:55 PM, Eastern Kayaker said:

Installed the Shrike Mount Bags yesterday, it was an easy install. I ordered the “High” mount version, since I have the stock rear fender/signals. There is a “Low” Mount version to fit bikes that may have a modified rear fender area. There are 2 optional locking features available for these bags. I selected the locking feature that can lock the zippered flap on each bag. There is another locking option to enable you to lock the bags to the bike. These locking options are setup for you at no additional cost. The luggage locks you see on my Shrike bags are not included with the Shrike system. I purchased the luggage locks from Amazon.  Really pleased with these bags, exactly what I was looking for in saddlebags.

6A0B8C56-0A25-430E-86B8-0EF171A9BB0D.thumb.jpeg.b238fa04433c49cef0e966269cbbe457.jpeg

F948E083-5441-4509-A9F4-78202D1970DC.thumb.jpeg.f8224e88083dc9cfa13ac571f2ff819a.jpeg

17AE217A-D832-4E90-88D9-59F8D9E0DAA3.thumb.jpeg.7b473e4687997931c5da120957a3c1a3.jpeg

Although I would never think of putting saddle bags on my FZ, if I had to I would put those on. They almost look like they're made for the FZ-07. Nice find! Where did you get them from, amazon, ebay??? Linky?

Beemer

I put together a dashcam system for about $100.00. I'm treating this strictly as protective gear, not for vloging or anything like that. The camera was $45.00, the 32g SD card was $15.00, and the RAM Mounts were about $35.00 - all off Amazon. Oh, and the m10 x 1.25 bolt from Lowes was $1.50. It takes incredibly clear video and is quite stable on bumpy roads.

IMG_1125.jpg

IMG_1124.jpg

• Like 1

1 hour ago, pma said:

I put together a dashcam system for about $100.00. I'm treating this strictly as protective gear, not for vloging or anything like that. The camera was $45.00, the 32g SD card was $15.00, and the RAM Mounts were about $35.00 - all off Amazon. Oh, and the m10 x 1.25 bolt from Lowes was $1.50. It takes incredibly clear video and is quite stable on bumpy roads.

IMG_1125.jpg

IMG_1124.jpg

Looping video? What's the record time and battery run time on it? Clean setup!

Thanks! It records in batches of 3 minute avi files. It is supposed to be able to record a photo timeline as well, but I haven't tested that yet. I'll try that on my way home today. Battery life is allegedly 3-4 hours. My 10 mile city commute has averaged just over 4 gigs of video each trip so far. I'll post some photos tonight.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, pma said:

Thanks! It records in batches of 3 minute avi files. It is supposed to be able to record a photo timeline as well, but I haven't tested that yet. I'll try that on my way home today. Battery life is allegedly 3-4 hours. My 10 mile city commute has averaged just over 4 gigs of video each trip so far. I'll post some photos tonight.

I'd like to see them. Is there a usb port for charging while in use? I think I'd like to have that so I don't forget to charge it and end up needing it and the battery would be dead.

Its the CooleedTEK Mini Sports Camera FHD 1080P on Amazon. It does come with a usb charger, but it will not record while charging, unless I'm doing something wrong, which is entirely possible.

• Premium Member
4 hours ago, pma said:

Have you considered other alternatives than mounting on the handlebars? I've done something similar in the past - It unfortunately doesn't catch anything that happens to the sides of you that a helmet cam or a perspective pointed towards you would. I was almost side swiped by a car changing into my lane and didn't catch any of it because the camera was pointed forward. Just a thought as I understand your purpose to be similar to mine. 

Instagram: @meekmade | You don't need to flat foot a bike to ride it.

41 minutes ago, motomeek said:

Have you considered other alternatives than mounting on the handlebars? I've done something similar in the past - It unfortunately doesn't catch anything that happens to the sides of you that a helmet cam or a perspective pointed towards you would. I was almost side swiped by a car changing into my lane and didn't catch any of it because the camera was pointed forward. Just a thought as I understand your purpose to be similar to mine. 

I see your point. I considered a helmet mount, but I really wanted something stationary. I'll post a video later today so everyone can see the perspective. It has a 120 degree range that looks pretty good on my laptop. 

This got me wondering about 360 degree cameras and the only one that I could find (within a few minutes of searching amazon) that might work on a bike is this.

Insta360 Nano 360 Degree Camera VR 3D Panoramic Point and Shoot Digital Video Cameras 3K HD Dual Wide Angle Fisheye Lens for iPhone 7, 7 Plus and all iPhone 6 series, 360 Live on Facebook- Pearl White

Beemer