The MT-07 Forum

What did you do to your Yamaha FZ-07 today?

Cruizin

41 minutes ago, wrxer said:

Have got to get those mirror extenders first thing---thanks for all info.

No problem.  With the extenders, you can see cars in the lane behind you as well as the lane to the side.  It worked out really well.  Hope you like them too

Grip it & Rip it

Never liked the stock radiator covers so I threw on the puig ones. They kinda have a silly stealth bomber look but I like em 😎

EC3D6DE4-5A8C-4BD1-BF5E-871B2A528BB3.jpeg

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Grip it & Rip it said:

Never liked the stock radiator covers so I threw on the puig ones. They kinda have a silly stealth bomber look but I like em 1f60e.png

EC3D6DE4-5A8C-4BD1-BF5E-871B2A528BB3.jpeg

Any noticeable change in areo with these? I wonder if they take any wind off your legs. I thought about getting something like them for the winter to help keep the cold wind off a bit.

On 03/12/2017 at 5:32 AM, thedriver1 said:

Pulled my ECU and shipped it off to 2WDW, can't wait to see what difference the flash makes!

While I was in there I also pulled off my intake snorkel, checked my clutch free-play, and checked my chain tension. 

Now unfortunately I have to let the bike sit for a week while I wait for the ECU...

Is there actually a difference with the snorkel out?

8 minutes ago, digitalsteve said:

Yes, a member here ran CFD simulations and found you can gain 16% more airflow with the snorkel removed. Sounds like it's good for about 1-2 horsepower if re-tuned. The most interesting thing to note was that the full rubber snorkel should be removed, you'll actually lose flow if you cut the snorkel due to increased turbulence in the airbox.

Before I sent the ECU in, I gave 2WDW a call and asked for their opinion and it and they also recommended removing the snorkel.

Unfortunately I don't have the ECU back yet, so I can't give a seat of the pants review.

• Thanks 1

Grip it & Rip it
23 hours ago, Bigturbomax said:

Any noticeable change in areo with these? I wonder if they take any wind off your legs. I thought about getting something like them for the winter to help keep the cold wind off a bit.

Haven’t had a chance to take ‘er out yet, will report back when I do.

On 12/4/2017 at 9:15 PM, Bigturbomax said:

What windscreen is that? Looks like one of the few that actually blends with the bike

Got the gpr v4 steering stabilizer installed yesterday. Rode for about 120 miles with it on so far and wow it really changes the way the bike handles. I was a lil suprise by it at first. The different settings on it are really great. I don't know why anyone would need the steering to be at 20 but it's an available option. I have it set on 3 and it feels plenty stable.

• Like 1

Got a package in the mail today! 2WDW has some incredible turnaround time, my ECU left Florida for Washington last Saturday and was tuned and back in my hands on Thursday.

Gonna get it re-installed, clean the chain and go for a test ride asap.

20171208_102557-2016x1134 (1).jpg

• Like 5

Sadly just watched it sit in the garage as there is snow/salt/possibly ice on the roads today.

2003 Buell XB9R (2011-2011) Crashed
2009 Buell 1125CR (2011-2013) Sold
2015 Yamaha FZ-07 (2014-?) Current

308144.png

Stage 1 of the Black Friday sale @2wheeldynoworks completed, Finishing up some other items before taking it to Flash and Dyno

Before da 07 looses weight

Before.jpg

Holy foam inserts batman. time for a dissection

HoryCrap.jpg

Oh shet I mean But Officer its OK, I have the baffle in

RutRoo.jpg

Weight loss of 18 lbs

18lbs.jpg

The goods About ready

TheGoodsReady.jpg

Completed

Finished.jpg

Edited by r1limited
  • Like 3

“Laws that forbid the carrying of arms disarm only those who are neither inclined nor determined to commit crimes.” --Thomas Jefferson quoting Cesare Beccaria

2 hours ago, r1limited said:

Stage 1 of the Black Friday sale @2wheeldynoworks completed, Finishing up some other items before taking it to Flash and Dyno

Before da 07 looses weight

Before.jpg

Holy foam inserts batman. time for a dissection

HoryCrap.jpg

Oh shet I mean But Officer its OK, I have the baffle in

RutRoo.jpg

Weight loss of 18 lbs

18lbs.jpg

The goods About ready

TheGoodsReady.jpg

Completed

You make me feel like I can put on a full exhaust by myself too

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, phanomenal07 said:

You can, it will take about 1 hour but set aside 2 just because.

“Laws that forbid the carrying of arms disarm only those who are neither inclined nor determined to commit crimes.” --Thomas Jefferson quoting Cesare Beccaria

• Premium Member
bornagainbiker
12 hours ago, r1limited said:

Looks like Santa has come early. ;)

• Like 1

Give Respect To Get Respect   https://jeff-galbraith.pixels.com/

On 12/5/2017 at 7:49 PM, digitalsteve said:

I read somewhere recently that between installing an aftermarket pipe, a fuel controller and taking the snorkel out that taking the snorkel out was the #1 best thing you could do to up the h.p. for your bike because more air spells more ponies. I noticed a difference when I took mine out and I could actually hear a bit of a howl also. That was from gobs more air being sucked in.

• Like 1

Beemer

Installed a ~14 liter tank bag.  I went with the strap mount version, and it's mounted up pretty secure.  I was able to fit everything from my backpack into it except my water bottle.  I guess I'll need to put the soft items in a backpack, or get a tail bag if I want to not wear a backpack.  f feel better about not having hard items on my back now.  Though there is room for a bigger bag, I don't think I'd like anything bigger than this.  In fact, looking at it, it seems too big already.  Yet, I never even noticed it on my ~60 mile ride.

Installed a chin curtain in my HJC IS-17 helmet.  I wasn't sure how much it would help because it's a mesh type material.  It's effect was to significantly quiet down my helmet.  It greatly reduced the wind inside the helmet without reducing airflow in a negative way.  I was actually a little warmer in my helmet as well.

Nelson Rigg tank bag - https://www.nelsonrigg.com/luggage/tank-bags/journey-sport-strap-mount-tank-bag-detail.html

Helmet:  http://www.hjchelmets.com/hjcus/is-17/#.Wi3RbkqnGHs

Chin Curtain:  https://www.revzilla.com/motorcycle/hjc-is-17-chin-curtain

11 hours ago, Beemer said:

I read somewhere recently that between installing an aftermarket pipe, a fuel controller and taking the snorkel out that taking the snorkel out was the #1 best thing you could do to up the h.p. for your bike because more air spells more ponies. I noticed a difference when I took mine out and I could actually hear a bit of a howl also. That was from gobs more air being sucked in.

From what I am told yes, it is recommened by Nels as well.  I am going to be pulling the snorkal, reshaping the plate this week before flash and dyno

Edited by r1limited
  • Like 3

23 hours ago, phanomenal07 said:

Just a heads up in case you didn't know, but clean your newly installed exhaust to clean off any oils before firing it the first time to prevent staining. Keps your brand new pipes from having little fingerprint stains all over. 

And yes, you can definitely put on a full exhaust system yourself. Very simple job, especially on these bikes!

I wiped mine down at the peak of the first heat cycle with bbare hands and my spit

No not really

Technically this was yesterday...

I took it in for the 600 mile service, which cost me about $130.  Took the freeway home instead of city streets, then also did another ~30 miles on the freeway.  Looking forward to hitting 1000 and not caring about RPM usage.

• Like 1

On 12/10/2017 at 7:35 PM, VertigoTX said:

Installed a ~14 liter tank bag.  .... Though there is room for a bigger bag, I don't think I'd like anything bigger than this.  In fact, looking at it, it seems too big already.  Yet, I never even noticed it on my ~60 mile ride.

I have that same bag ( I use it as a tail bag, usually), and I don't think you could need anything bigger! When expanded, you can fit a full face helmet inside! Mine is a few years old now and still looks like new. Nelson Rigg ain't cheap, but it's dang good stuff.