The MT-07 Forum

What did you do to your Yamaha FZ-07 today?

Cruizin

3 hours ago, shinyribs said:

I have that same bag ( I use it as a tail bag, usually), and I don't think you could need anything bigger! When expanded, you can fit a full face helmet inside! Mine is a few years old now and still looks like new. Nelson Rigg ain't cheap, but it's dang good stuff. 

I've decided to return it.  I found myself rather annoyed at the gas station in dealing with the clips to move it.  I've decided to go with one of the ring mount options.  I do think the bag's quality is very good, and like all other aspects of it.  I'll consider other Nelson Rigg items as the need comes up.

I tidied up a couple on-going little projects. Hand guards installed with marker lights and made some adjustments to my cluster relocation. I cant wait for the weather to clear a little and see how these handguards help with the cold fingers. 95% chance of rain tomorrow and best case low 50s F. Ill ride in the cold OR the wet sometimes, but not both lol. My dry weather cut off is right about freezing, the margins change quite a bit if its raining lol. 

20171218_203722-1008x567.jpg

20171218_203552-567x1008.jpg

Grip it & Rip it
On 12/4/2017 at 6:15 PM, Bigturbomax said:

Any noticeable change in areo with these? I wonder if they take any wind off your legs. I thought about getting something like them for the winter to help keep the cold wind off a bit.

I'm afraid there doesn't seem to be much of a difference.

• Thanks 1

37 minutes ago, tavisb said:

It uses the factory side shroud mounting points. Un-bolt one side and slip the guard in place and line up the mounting holes and reattach the shroud.  Repeat on other side. Takes about 5 minutes. 

I walked in to the garage, patted both the R1 and the FZ on the butt and said

"Soon babies, Very very soon"

I heard a low grumble from the R1 while the FZ just looked at me with those sad transformer eyes....

“Laws that forbid the carrying of arms disarm only those who are neither inclined nor determined to commit crimes.” --Thomas Jefferson quoting Cesare Beccaria

Installed some cnc brake and clutch levers.

also got my ECU back from @2wheeldynoworks. I sent it last Saturday, it arrive Tuesday and came back to me Thursday 👌. 

Rode about 100 miles today. 

My bike has stock exhaust with the snorkel removed. First thing I notice was the bike sounds louder. I’m not sure if that’s from the flash or the snorkel being removed but I like it. I really enjoyed actually hearing my bike when accelerating. Put a nice smile on my face. As far as performance I’m not sure if the engine breaking softing up at all or atleast I didn’t notice. I still get thrown forward a lil when I chop the throttle but I don’t think that’s an issue since I’m not suppose to be chopping the throttle anyway. The bike definitely feel a little bit quicker in my opinion. Overall it definitely made the bike better and riding it more fun. Awesome job by 2wdw

C3C66A20-3255-4EBC-BE82-18BFB49F1B78.jpeg

• Like 2

Well, my bike is at the dealer having an oil leak looked at right now...but heres the latest updates i did before dropping it off.

R6 throttle tube, handguards mounted, adjusted and wired up.

20171219_192259-567x1008.jpg

20171219_192622-567x1008.jpg

20171220_063718-1008x567.jpg

• Like 1

Edward Michael Alvarez Guerron

Not the best quality picture cause i had to shrink it to fit this upload space.

I have a 2015 Yamaha FZ07. Since new I owned her and she was Matte grey.

Still have more things to put on her/do to her. But what i have done is black her out

2017_12_22_22_46_59.png

• Like 3

7 hours ago, Edward Michael Alvarez Guerron said:

...what i have done is black her out...

2017_12_22_22_46_59.png

Looks great!  I've been considering changing my red to something else.  All black is one of the options I'm considering.  Thanks for sharing yours.  Did you paint or use vinyl wrap?

10 hours ago, shinyribs said:

What handguards are those, chief?

Theyre off amazon. Is there public interest for a review on these? I wasnt sure id like em but have been happy with the addition. 

https://www.amazon.com/gp/aw/d/B01N0BUVAF/ref=mp_s_a_1_2?ie=UTF8&qid=1514048226&sr=8-2&pi=AC_SX236_SY340_FMwebp_QL65&keywords=fz07+handguards

• Like 1

• Premium Member
bornagainbiker
11 minutes ago, Bigturbomax said:

Theyre off amazon. Is there public interest for a review on these? I wasnt sure id like em but have been happy with the addition.

Yes, review please. :)

• Like 2

Give Respect To Get Respect   https://jeff-galbraith.pixels.com/

3 hours ago, bornagainbiker said:

Yes, review please. :)

Give me a bit, ill punch one up in the next few days.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

22 hours ago, VertigoTX said:

Looks great!  I've been considering changing my red to something else.  All black is one of the options I'm considering.  Thanks for sharing yours.  Did you paint or use vinyl wrap?

All the silver pieces aka rear set bracket was paint with seven coats. The body panels i happen to have some gloss black at the shop. But i feel matte black is better so i will change. I wrapped the wind cowl.

3 minutes ago, tavisb said:

Did a little LED lighting upgrade.

Lights on the hand guards.

Proton 500 flush mounts.

LED headlamp.

11d2dbcdd0b8025eb9cd53a80d5ff9f0.jpg

9782f3c020c9770f1aad6d38ce6ed3fc.jpg

Did you have to install a relay on the turn signals?

Lawrence Cheung
On 12/22/2017 at 11:19 PM, Edward Michael Alvarez Guerron said:

Not the best quality picture cause i had to shrink it to fit this upload space.

I have a 2015 Yamaha FZ07. Since new I owned her and she was Matte grey.

Still have more things to put on her/do to her. But what i have done is black her out

2017_12_22_22_46_59.png

What mirrors are those?? They look great!

Zephyr - Did you go off road and ride down through the grass? The reason I ask is because on my last trip with Dew Man to Okeechobee Lake we were on a levy with a scene somewhat similar to that in your pic (grassy hill/waterfront) and I felt compelled to get off the paved trail and ride down the hillside toward the water. It wasn't too rough so it was doable and it felt great doing it! Just wondering if you felt the same way and went off road a bit. I recommend people give it a try if they haven't. They may want a street/trail or dirt bike afterwards because it's so rewarding.

Beemer

On 28/12/2017 at 11:25 PM, Lawrence Cheung said:

What mirrors are those?? They look great!

The mirrors are Rizoma circuit 959.

On 12/29/2017 at 6:44 AM, Beemer said:

Zephyr - Did you go off road and ride down through the grass? The reason I ask is because on my last trip with Dew Man to Okeechobee Lake we were on a levy with a scene somewhat similar to that in your pic (grassy hill/waterfront) and I felt compelled to get off the paved trail and ride down the hillside toward the water. It wasn't too rough so it was doable and it felt great doing it! Just wondering if you felt the same way and went off road a bit. I recommend people give it a try if they haven't. They may want a street/trail or dirt bike afterwards because it's so rewarding.

It was really muddy just off of the one lane paved road, so I had to find some dry(ish) grass to park and snap the picture.  There was a dirt/gravel road that looped along the coast that I wanted to take, but after seeing the 8-10 inch mud ruts along the road, I declined.  I will definitely be looking for any place that I think is solid enough ground to ride on.  My driveway is bare earth, rock, and a bit of loose gravel, so riding off road a bit doesn't worry me.  It also makes for much better photo ops!  Stay adventurous and two wheels down!

• Like 1