The MT-07 Forum

What did you do to your Yamaha FZ-07 today?

Cruizin

I actually read that these mess with the steering lock when the bars are turned to one side so im actually going to steer clear from this.
What are you talking about???
Read this, a couple of posts down..

Installed all the parts today, pictures posted tomorrow.
Only thing I don't like are the mirrors so I kept the oem ones instead of the bar ends.
Here's a quick little video of the stuff working.
At the end what I'm showing is shirk wrap tubes with solder in the middle and weather seals on both ends.
Save's so much time when doing wiring and works just like shrink wrap does

[video src=http://youtu.be/RnOphavTahE?list=UUhd-nJF_KufvnNhjrVhu4Sw]

• Like 1

Installed all the parts today, pictures posted tomorrow.
Only thing I don't like are the mirrors so I kept the oem ones instead of the bar ends.
Here's a quick little video of the stuff working.
At the end what I'm showing is shirk wrap tubes with solder in the middle and weather seals on both ends.
Save's so much time when doing wiring and works just like shrink wrap does

[video src=http://youtu.be/RnOphavTahE?list=UUhd-nJF_KufvnNhjrVhu4Sw]

i want to assault you and live in your garage. im jealous. its nice.
  • Like 1

Guest August BB

Panzer, sorry I didn't reply to you until now. Thanks for the info regarding that guard, I'll try to see if I can remedy it myself with some tools.

Last night got my exhaust, couldn't wait and went ahead and put it on.

yo2.jpg

One or two more rides and it is battery tender time. ; ;

• Like 3

which fender eliminator is that?
I can't find the link but it was a universal one from ebay that pivots up so you can tuck it. Then I used one reflector bracket off the oem one to attach the blinkers.Once installed with all the plastics it stays in one location and doesn't fold in. If I want it to fold and tuck under the seat I would have to use spacers and make the wiring longer. Went out to get a picture of the riding game and decided to practice my wheelie's and I didn't see the cop van there then I figure it was empty until I rode pass and saw them in there hahaha
[video src=http://youtu.be/PFPZfOJ99HA]

What are you talking about???
Read this, a couple of posts down..
I have the radiator guard from Infinite and do not have that problem. The guard I got came with the top part bent inwards closer to the radiator. I checked to see how close the forks get when at full turn and I've got a good inch or so of space. I could see this guard being a problem if they're not bent inwards a bit. Maybe the early versions weren't bent at all and caused the problem.

Guest August BB
Did you get a fuel controller? Is that the Yoshi? Sound clip?
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kCxRsd_5EUg 
Video definitely doesn't do it justice.  I finally see and realize how much is lost when you record it on video.  But motomeek's instagram video on the yoshimura topic in the exhaust forum has much better sound quality than mine.  Still in break-in period, so I'm only revving it to around 3.5k range.

No fuel controller yet.  Probably might get EJK down the road.

This is what happens when your not quite fully awake when you get ready to leave for work on Monday Morning. I was thinking the kickstand was still down when I got off the bike to close the garage door.

http://i1369.photobucket.com/albums/ag212/andistyr/DSCF3429_zps3a572bea.jpg

I was at first mad at myself then had a good laugh for being an idiot. New levers should be here in time for me to replace both with shorties this weekend.

• Premium Member
hippiebikerchick
This is what happens when your not quite fully awake when you get ready to leave for work on Monday Morning. I was thinking the kickstand was still down when I got off the bike to close the garage door. 
http://i1369.photobucket.com/albums/ag212/andistyr/DSCF3429_zps3a572bea.jpg

I was at first mad at myself then had a good laugh for being an idiot. New levers should be here in time for me to replace both with shorties this weekend.

OMG @andistyr! I had to laugh a little because I also dropped mine a few months back. I thought my clutch lever was pretty bent but yours takes the cake. I can sympathize with you, glad you're getting new levers. 

Illegitimi non carborundum

• Global Moderator

The lever looks exactly like mine, when a wind gust pushed my bike off the stand and it rolled on the grass. It was the only damage. I managed the bend it back. I also sympathize, I know the feeling.

• Premium Member
hippiebikerchick

Well, I always thought my FZ07 was a time machine, but I'll get right on it.  ;)

Finally removed reflectors:).On the back one I  removed the bracket that holds both reflectors/plate  and drilled new holes on the fender for license plate.20141107_113901_zpsztbjsoky.jpg

• Premium Member
hippiebikerchick

Got the recall issue fixed. While I was there I told them about my headlight being dim and so they adjusted it for me. Even though their building had burned a little while ago they were open and doing business. Pete and Dave. Everyone should have at least one friend named Pete or Dave.

Got the recall issue fixed. While I was there I told them about my headlight being dim and so they adjusted it for me. Even though their building had burned a little while ago they were open and doing business. Pete and Dave. Everyone should have at least one friend named Pete or Dave. 

As a Dave, I can attest to that.
  • Like 1