The MT-07 Forum

What did you do to your Yamaha FZ-07 today?

Cruizin

Installed the Yoshimura r77 exhaust and the renthal Street ultra low bar. Sounds awesome. Also gonna send in my ecu for another reflash now

8A165752-9E0F-48D8-B537-879E5DC15D51.jpeg

phanomenal07

The pipe looks good, I'm sure it sounds good, too. Before you send that ECU out is there a chance you could take a ride on it and see if the ol' butt-o-meter detects a slight loss of torque in the low end since switching to the Yosh pipe? I've heard things about that pipe w/out a fuel controller and it bugs the hell out of me, (others too, I'm sure) so if you would it would be much appreciated.

Beemer

• Premium Member
bornagainbiker

Checked on my FZ in storage today.  We've had mild and damp weather the past few days, and that usually causes a lot of moisture to collect on everything in the shed.  At this point I would like to give a shout out to @r1limited for suggesting a circulating fan--tried it and it works great--no moisture build up on the bike at all.

• Like 1

Give Respect To Get Respect   https://jeff-galbraith.pixels.com/

1 hour ago, Beemer said:

phanomenal07

The pipe looks good, I'm sure it sounds good, too. Before you send that ECU out is there a chance you could take a ride on it and see if the ol' butt-o-meter detects a slight loss of torque in the low end since switching to the Yosh pipe? I've heard things about that pipe w/out a fuel controller and it bugs the hell out of me, (others too, I'm sure) so if you would it would be much appreciated.

I did take about a 2hr ride before before I sent the ecu away. I’m no expert or even that experienced but I honestly did feel like I lost some torque. Partially because I usually pop an accidental wheelie every time I ride  and in that whole 2 hrs yesterday the front wheel never left the ground. But that could be because of the handle bars being lower then before.

3 minutes ago, phanomenal07 said:

I did take about a 2hr ride before before I sent the ecu away. I’m no expert or even that experienced but I honestly did feel like I lost some torque. Partially because I usually pop an accidental wheelie every time I ride  and in that whole 2 hrs yesterday the front wheel never left the ground. But that could be because of the handle bars being lower then before.

Thanks for that info. Doubtful about the lowered bars, I've put all my weight forward to prevent wheelies and it still comes up with the right amount of throttle/clutch pop. The FZ-07 is like Joe Pesci with the Frankenstein monster's balls.

joe pesci mean.jpg

• Confused 1

Beemer

• Premium Member
On 12/3/2017 at 10:15 AM, Beemer said:

Thanks a bunch! I just ordered one. Looks like it's being shipped from China so I'm guessing I'll have to wait a couple weeks for it to arrive but no biggie, I've went 2 1/2 yrs. without one. Should look good on the bike.

A special thanks to VertigoTX for bringing attention to the radiator guard first. I just noticed on their site it takes 7 - 20 business days to arrive. I bet they don't take more than a 10 days.

Did it arrive? and if so hows the quality and fitment?

• Premium Member
On 12/10/2017 at 7:21 PM, r1limited said:

From what I am told yes, it is recommened by Nels as well.  I am going to be pulling the snorkal, reshaping the plate this week before flash and dyno

What Yoshi is that? 

4 minutes ago, fzar said:

What Yoshi is that? 

http://www.yoshimura-rd.com/product/yamaha-fz-07-exhaust-system-13700aj220.asp
Race R-77 FS SS-CF-CF Works Finish

It did not have the baffle in at that time. 

Edited by r1limited
  • Like 1

“Laws that forbid the carrying of arms disarm only those who are neither inclined nor determined to commit crimes.” --Thomas Jefferson quoting Cesare Beccaria

2 minutes ago, fzar said:

Thanks.

I purchased through @2wheeldynoworks

“Laws that forbid the carrying of arms disarm only those who are neither inclined nor determined to commit crimes.” --Thomas Jefferson quoting Cesare Beccaria

2 hours ago, fzar said:

I bought the same radiator guard. Installed it yesterday. During my two hr ride I notice my temperature was a steady 181 on the highway. It’s usually a steady 172. I’m not sure if that’s because of the Yoshi exhaust or the radiator guard. It fits really nice and looks good. It only covers the grated part of the radiator

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, fzar said:

Did you get the flash and dyno work done? If so how did it go, oh and did you get to reshaping the plate.

No flash yet, I have not had time to bring it down to Nels, was hoping this weekend, probably next.  I am working on Air first, all I have done is remove snorkal, but decided to re-invent the Air Intake ;)

• Premium Member
1 hour ago, r1limited said:

No flash yet, I have not had time to bring it down to Nels, was hoping this weekend, probably next.  I am working on Air first, all I have done is remove snorkal, but decided to re-invent the Air Intake ;)

I'm going to remove the snorkel now, and tomorrow I'm going to pull the ECU and send it to Nels to be flashed for stock exhaust. Let us know how the re-invention of the air- intake plays out.

• Like 1

Gone adventure mode! Added mirror risers and an adjustable wind deflector. I think im gonna rename my FZ "optimus"

20180112_091933-1008x567.jpg

17 hours ago, r1limited said:

Are you going to take advantage of the air scoops so that they can ram air into the carbs or are you thinking hamster cage?

• Like 2

Beemer

20 hours ago, fzar said:

It arrived after 21 days of waiting. I haven't given it a close inspection nor have I installed it yet because of weather so it just lays on a shelf in a bag. I'll take a pic and say a few words about it later when I get to it. I could slap it on right now if I wanted to but I'm busy shopping for a nice but affordable .22 rifle.

Beemer

32 minutes ago, Beemer said:

Are you going to take advantage of the air scoops so that they can ram air into the carbs or are you thinking hamster cage?

Some what yes.

• Global Moderator
2 hours ago, Bigturbomax said:

Gone adventure mode! Added mirror risers and an adjustable wind deflector. I think im gonna rename my FZ "optimus"

20180112_091933-1008x567.jpg

Nice. What wind deflector is that?

• Premium Member
1 hour ago, Beemer said:

I could slap it on right now if I wanted to but I'm busy shopping for a nice but affordable .22 rifle.

Ooooh... I'm curious what you get. What are you looking at?

I've got a CZ 512 that I really like and the 455's have an amazing reputation (check those out) but they're definitely not cheap. 

8 minutes ago, i28 said:

Ooooh... I'm curious what you get. What are you looking at?

I've got a CZ 512 that I really like and the 455's have an amazing reputation (check those out) but they're definitely not cheap. 

Check out my new thread, "Best .22 Plinker For the Money".

• Like 1

Beemer

I turned my front tire/wheel around. 

Washing off some road salt and noticed that the spokes on the front rim didn't sweep backwards like the rear rim. Bent down to find the directional arrows on the tire... yep. Been on backwards since new and I didn't even notice it. lol

• Haha 2

Didn't get to ride the white one today, but did take the big red 2 wheeler out. With it 15F, gotta get heat grips for the thing. 😉

snowthrower.jpg

• Like 2