The MT-07 Forum

What did you do to your Yamaha FZ-07 today?

Cruizin

31 minutes ago, shinyribs said:

I turned my front tire/wheel around. 

Washing off some road salt and noticed that the spokes on the front rim didn't sweep backwards like the rear rim. Bent down to find the directional arrows on the tire... yep. Been on backwards since new and I didn't even notice it. lol

Dealers. OMG! Can't even assemble them out of the crate correctly.

Got new red 2015 FZ-07 on 7/22/16!
Black 2006 Honda ST1300 53K miles.

2 minutes ago, peteinpa said:

Dealers. OMG! Can't even assemble them out of the crate correctly.

I'm afraid it doesn't say much about me, either! It took me 4k miles to spot it lol

2 minutes ago, shinyribs said:

I'm afraid it doesn't say much about me, either! It took me 4k miles to spot it lol

YOU Shouldn't have to. It should be right from the dealer. I haven't needed a new front tire on mine yet but this is one of very few bikes where the front wheel CAN be installed reversed.

Got new red 2015 FZ-07 on 7/22/16!
Black 2006 Honda ST1300 53K miles.

32 minutes ago, rick said:

Didn't get to ride the white one today, but did take the big red 2 wheeler out. With it 15F, gotta get heat grips for the thing. 😉

snowthrower.jpg

Much better than a snow shovel but it still looks like work.

Beemer

23 minutes ago, peteinpa said:

YOU Shouldn't have to. It should be right from the dealer. I haven't needed a new front tire on mine yet but this is one of very few bikes where the front wheel CAN be installed reversed.

Agreed. But we all make mistakes. 

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, Beemer said:

Much better than a snow shovel but it still looks like work.

and that's just the area behind the house. It's 80 ft to the street and knee deep out where the city's plow went by. 

4 forward speeds and 2 reverse - it's no contest, way easier than the shovel.  

• Like 1

No new mods (yet), but I've been riding her to school all week. Being able to pull into a garage and park immediately without having to hunt for spots is an amazing benefit.

Also took one friend for her first ride, and offered to take another friend for a ride. Gonna show everyone the joys of the motorcycle life.

• Like 2

Cut the heads off some m10x1.25 bolts and extended my mirrors.  I still need to secure the two threads with a proper connector nut, but works great after a 100+ mile test ride!  I added shrink tube around the extension threads and you can't hardly tell that it wasn't stock.  I did notice that there's a bit more vibration transfer to the mirrors at higher rev/speeds, but being able to see what's behind is miles better than having less vibration blur, but only seeing my shoulders.

• Like 2

23 hours ago, shinyribs said:

Not unless you ride backwards?

“Laws that forbid the carrying of arms disarm only those who are neither inclined nor determined to commit crimes.” --Thomas Jefferson quoting Cesare Beccaria

22 hours ago, tavisb said:

Installed a LED parking lamp to match the headlight. 

IMG_20180113_114632.jpg

IMG_20180113_114646.jpg

MVIMG_20180113_114711.jpg

I did the same but went amber. 

20170910_203921_crop_318x597.jpg

• Like 1

15 hours ago, patrolus said:

I am looking at her from the spa....Far too hot to ride today :(

IMG_20180113_151353.jpg

I've had people tell me they would wear their protective clothing no matter how hot it gets but I'm with you on not riding at all because too much clothing can make a person pass out on a hot day. Enjoy the water!

• Like 2

Beemer

23 hours ago, tavisb said:

0.7W

Are you talking about the draw on the system because every one of those I've looked emitted 5 watts of light. I just assumed it would be the same or close.

Beemer

Today I worked a bit on the cockpit-mount over the headlight.
Try to make it fit somehow with the motocage flyscreen.

Edited by stev74

• Global Moderator
4 hours ago, Beemer said:

Are you talking about the draw on the system because every one of those I've looked emitted 5 watts of light. I just assumed it would be the same or close.

Yeah. Light output is not measured in W FYI. It probably puts out as many or more lumens than the factory bulb. LEDs can output a lot more light per Watt used compared with incandescent bulbs. 

7 minutes ago, tavisb said:

Yeah. Light output is not measured in W FYI. It probably puts out as many or more lumens than the factory bulb. LEDs can output a lot more light per Watt used compared with incandescent bulbs. 

I said that wrong, I know about light output. I only meant to state how many watts they said the bulb was, (about the same as factory) not how many lumens it put out, it's obviously more than 5 lumens. I recently bought a pack of green LED's for my marker light and they state they are 5 watts. I'm guessing they're around 35 or so lumens. Not much in any case. They said nothing about the lumens but even if they are more, with my headlight on the bulb is undetectable at a distance that would matter so it's really no big deal that they're brighter, even in park.

Beemer

• Global Moderator

Looked up the product page on Amazon:  Color Temperature: 6500K(White) Luminous Flux: 100Lm/bulb Voltage: 12V-DC Current-Output:55MA Wattage: 0.7W/Bulb

• Premium Member
6 hours ago, stev74 said:

Today I worked a bit on the cockpit-mount over the headlight.
Try to make it fit somehow with the motocage flyscreen.

Any pictures available? I want to relocate the dash also, Iv'e seen some people got relocation brackets from Japan but there really expensive. I'd be interested in how your going about fabricaticating these mounts.

8 hours ago, tavisb said:

Nice. Got a pic with the headlight on as well?

Had to roll her out and snap one. I messed with the photo a bit to get it as close to what you actually see. Of course it's brighter, but with the LED headlight being so damn bright I had to drop the light level a little.

MVIMG_20180114_174441.jpg

• Like 1

• Global Moderator
23 minutes ago, mick97702 said:

Had to roll her out and snap one. I messed with the photo a bit to get it as close to what you actually see. Of course it's brighter, but with the LED headlight being so damn bright I had to drop the light level a little.

MVIMG_20180114_174441.jpg

Nice, thanks! Thought about doing the same. Looks cool.