The MT-07 Forum

What did you do to your Yamaha FZ-07 today?

Cruizin

9 hours ago, fzar said:

Any pictures available? I want to relocate the dash also, Iv'e seen some people got relocation brackets from Japan but there really expensive. I'd be interested in how your going about fabricaticating these mounts.

Will make pics soon.
I'm just measuring, making a sketch on paper and then a 3d model on the computer,
then 3d-printing and trying if it fits. And repeating that several times till its perfect :)
I guess i will also mold/cast it after I have the final shape because the plastic is stronger.

• Premium Member
bornagainbiker
9 hours ago, Duke said:

Organized the garage and then set in the garage floor tiles so there's a nicer home for my FZ-07.

IMG_20180113_172759.jpg

Nice set-up.  My poor FZ lives in an unheated storage shed.

Give Respect To Get Respect   https://jeff-galbraith.pixels.com/

I have a similar flooring in my garage - but went with what's called a "coin" pattern for fear the diamond pattern might be a bit hard on knees. https://www.amazon.com/Modutile-Garage-Floor-Tiles-Pack/dp/B0052UHAOM/ref=sr_1_7?ie=UTF8&qid=1516035680&sr=8-7&keywords=plastic+flooring%2C+coin+pattern

I even added the bevelled edging to finish it off.  When I got the FZ and kept my old Aprilia - I doubled the size of the pad. Well worth the expense imo.

Just gotta be careful with spills as they go thru the seams and under the flooring. Those squares go together far easier than they come apart. Don't ask how I know, lol. 

31 minutes ago, rick said:

I have a similar flooring in my garage - but went with what's called a "coin" pattern for fear the diamond pattern might be a bit hard on knees. https://www.amazon.com/Modutile-Garage-Floor-Tiles-Pack/dp/B0052UHAOM/ref=sr_1_7?ie=UTF8&qid=1516035680&sr=8-7&keywords=plastic+flooring%2C+coin+pattern

I even added the bevelled edging to finish it off.  When I got the FZ and kept my old Aprilia - I doubled the size of the pad. Well worth the expense imo.

Just gotta be careful with spills as they go thru the seams and under the flooring. Those squares go together far easier than they come apart. Don't ask how I know, lol. 

Couldn't a person use some type of waterproof sealant over the cracks? Something that's not too permanent in case you still had to take a tile/s off. (a lot of work, I know)

Beemer

• Premium Member
On ‎1‎/‎14‎/‎2018 at 11:34 AM, Beemer said:

Are you talking about the draw on the system because every one of those I've looked emitted 5 watts of light. I just assumed it would be the same or close.

@Beemer I've got a 10 pack of the amber LED marker bulbs if you want to try them. I can't see needing all 10 in my lifetime but that's the size pack they came in. I can bring you one next ride if you want? I like the accent it gives.

DewMan

Just shut up and ride.

4 minutes ago, DewMan said:

@Beemer I've got a 10 pack of the amber LED marker bulbs if you want to try them. I can't see needing all 10 in my lifetime but that's the size pack they came in. I can bring you one next ride if you want? I like the accent it gives.

Thanks but I bought a ten pack of the green LED marker lights awhile back unless you just want to trade a few so we each have two different colors to choose from.

Beemer

• Premium Member

@stev74 You impress me yet again... but are you just teasing us with another awesome production of yours that you won't share with the rest of us by not allowing us to purchase? 😆👍

Just messing with you. Seriously it looks awesome.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

DewMan

Just shut up and ride.

• Global Moderator
On 1/14/2018 at 8:34 AM, Beemer said:

Are you talking about the draw on the system because every one of those I've looked emitted 5 watts of light. I just assumed it would be the same or close.

Most LED lights I have seen say what the equivalent wattage is to a regular bulb, but if you look closely it says the actual wattage somewhere on the package.  It generally seems to be about 1/9th, so 0.7W would be about right for a five watt equivalent.  

• Like 2

• Premium Member

I took delivery of a Corbin Gunfighter today. It'll be a few days before I can take it for a test drive though. Temps wont be back into the 70Fs, from their current 40Fs, until this weekend. 12oz can for scale. Color is all black leather except for seat area which is a distressed look black leather.

IMG_0557_small.thumb.jpg.74e939ee9e4b8b287ca74d04248674f4.jpg

Edited by DewMan
  • Like 2

DewMan

Just shut up and ride.

• Premium Member
bornagainbiker
8 hours ago, DewMan said:

I took delivery of a Corbin Gunfighter today. It'll be a few days before I can take it for a test drive though. Temps wont be back into the 70Fs, from their current 40Fs, until this weekend. 12oz can for scale. Color is all black leather except for seat area which is a distressed look black.

IMG_0557_small.thumb.jpg.74e939ee9e4b8b287ca74d04248674f4.jpg

Fine looking saddle--please let us know how it works out for you. :)

• Like 1

Give Respect To Get Respect   https://jeff-galbraith.pixels.com/

On 1/16/2018 at 2:41 PM, mjh937 said:

Most LED lights I have seen say what the equivalent wattage is to a regular bulb, but if you look closely it says the actual wattage somewhere on the package.  It generally seems to be about 1/9th, so 0.7W would be about right for a five watt equivalent.  

Thanks, I went back to the web site for the product and re read the description and discovered that what I saw in the description wasn't the wattage at all, I made the mistake of assuming it was since it looked like the closest thing to it (W5W) and I was wrong. That is actually a model number. Dumb mistake, I know. 😧🔫

Beemer

What are these? Rivets? Rubber snubbers? 

I dig the distressed leather. That is SHARP!

corbin arrow.jpg

Edited by shinyribs
  • Like 1

• Premium Member
10 hours ago, shinyribs said:

What are these? Rivets? Rubber snubbers? 

I dig the distressed leather. That is SHARP!

Those are rivets that hold the leather to the underside of the pan. Unlike the OEM seat's  staples. I'll be posting more pix later when I do a review on it, after I get some seat time, that will show the underside etc..

Edited by DewMan
  • Like 3

DewMan

Just shut up and ride.

17 hours ago, DewMan said:

Those are rivets that hold the leather to the underside of the pan. Unlike the OEM seat's  staples. I'll be posting more pix later when I do a review on it, after I get some seat time, that will show the underside etc..

I've never sat on a rolled leather anything that I didn't like. They always feel soft on top but yet firm/supportive. Hopefully, you'll have the same experience with your seat. We shall see on our Tuesday ride which I'm assuming will be recorded due to your new camera mount.

• Like 1

Beemer

• Premium Member
1 hour ago, Beemer said:

I've never sat on a rolled leather anything that I didn't like. They always feel soft on top but yet firm/supportive. Hopefully, you'll have the same experience with your seat. We shall see on our Tuesday ride which I'm assuming will be recorded due to your new camera mount.

That's exactly the feeling I'm getting from this seat.... it's substantial unlike the factory vinyl covered plywood plank with just a token amount of easily collapsible foam.

When I press on the factory seat it easily bottoms out. The Corbin saddle feels soft but the more you push on it the more support you feel. I can't push it by hand hard enough to bottom it out.

Of course this is all subjective and is subject to change once I get my butt on it. :D 

• Like 1

DewMan

Just shut up and ride.

lol! I don't think your butt is a threat to any seat. Now on the other hand, my X mother in laws would give the movie monster, "The Blob", a run for it's money.

• Haha 1

Beemer

7 minutes ago, Beemer said:

lol! I don't think your butt is a threat to any seat. Now my X mother in laws on the other hand would give the movie monster, "The Blob", a run for it's money.

guessin yer not worried over getting cut from her will. 

• Premium Member
5 minutes ago, rick said:

I'm guessing he lost that when she became the X mother-in-law :D

• Like 1

DewMan

Just shut up and ride.

34 minutes ago, rick said:

Not to mention, she's like a terminator. She's part woman, part eating machine. Underneath she's a hyper, heavy boned eating chassis, left brain controlled, fully self centered > verrry tough! It is programmed to take, take, take. It never gives and it will not stop taking until it is dead. At which point the light in it's eyes simply go out and nothing follows. 😉 😇

Beemer

Wanted to take the scenic route. Nope. Not over that mountain. Gonna hafta burn highway instead. :(

q7CVQrJ.jpg

But i did get a fresh bottle of propane and some material to play with my spare seat pan tonight, so mission accomplished. :)

AULkmwo.jpg

Then she got washed free of all the road salt she's been hauling me through for the past few weeks. Absolutely love this bike. 

Edited by shinyribs
  • Like 2

I just put a Hindle full stainless system on with 2WDW's ECU flash and the bike pulls monster strong and linear. I love it. The Hindle is raw and awesome, sounds like one of those ocean racing cigarette boats. Beemer started asking questions about the paint, which is all Sharpie. I'll have to redo it because I used the wrong clearcoat (rattlecan) and from later projects, getting a body shop to hit it with clear is the way to keep the colors from fading. Yeah, that's gold leaf. And I threw in a helmet (for my wife). Not bad for a guy with tremors, eh?!

So, I have PTSD and tremors, and when I get anxious my hands are pretty hard to control. Perfect for motorcycling and painting right? Well, I gotta say, the 2WDW flash makes the throttle so smooth and controllable that it doesn't have all that jerkiness that the stock throttle does, so I don't get set off and lose control of my hands anymore. Also, the jerky stock throttle (made worse by my tremors, amplified really) was jacking the chassis all over the place. So, the 2WDW ECU flash is awesome and along with the shock and fork springs, the best money I ever spent.

IMG_7419 sm.jpg

22339564_10155045811563226_7590358431294401075_o.jpg

22339688_10155045811438226_4657705166273250350_o.jpg

26173246_10155237060703226_6606499437162903360_o.jpg

• Like 5