The MT-07 Forum

What did you do to your Yamaha FZ-07 today?

Cruizin

Installed kemimoto rearsets (eBay) surprisingly I like them a lot for the price the quality is really nice! 

DAB606CC-8DE0-4672-BB7B-DB9E2475A75B.jpeg

15000526-52B0-4BBB-B584-5F698E40F875.jpeg

• Like 2

Spanglo/ Dewman: I fitted an Evotech radiator cover too. Very effective and easy to fit.

• Like 2

Just do it! 

• Premium Member
14 minutes ago, Spanglo said:

Got an email from Hordpower yesterday that the airbox is back in stock. 😀  Sent in the ECU today for flashing.

welcome to the club 😎

2015 fz-07- Hordpower Edition...2015 fj-09- 120whp- Graves Exhaust w/Woolich Race Kit- tuned by 2WDW

Just got back to sunny Florida from a week long trip to New York.

I'm so ready to hop back on the bike and enjoy the warmth!

• Like 1

topazsparrow
1 hour ago, br4nd0n said:

Care to elaborate on this FZ-09 Akra mod? I am quite interested in what you did.

more details here:

It's pretty self explanatory though. Go to bike shop, ask for akra tip for the 09 (60USD ish), Cut 1/2 inch off the end where it would normally mate with the inner exhaust pipes on the akra, fasten retaining screw and enjoy. 2 minutes with a zip disk cutter and I was done. Sounds great and moves more air than a drilled/cut 07 tip

Edited by topazsparrow
  • Like 1

phanomenal07

Installed woodcraft rearsets today. Installation was easier then I thought. Also switch to full synthetic for the oil. The woodcraft rearsets just made me like my bike  so much more. I feel like I’m sitting on my old cbr 600. I’m def happy with it

D43D4450-831C-4B7B-9044-C440B7359B53.jpeg

C633AC43-B40E-43E7-A07C-0D70D3FC1DE1.jpeg

• Like 2

Yesterday I, or I should say DewMan, installed some running lights on my bike. They are the BikeVis V2 Motorcycle Running Lights in white, amber and red. The whites and amber's were installed on the side/top, radiator cover with the white pointing straight ahead and the amber's turned outward at about 10 deg. so that people to the side can see them as well as from the front. The reds of course were mounted at the rear. I did buy the modulators that make them glint and they work great, you just can't tell from photos and the photos don't do the lights justice either, they are much brighter to the naked eye. Not going to lie, it took a few hours to install them all but that's including the time it took just to decide on the best places to mount them and splicing into existing wire. A two light job shouldn't take very long at all, especially the reds.

https://www.bikevis.com/

1.JPG

2.JPG

• Like 3

Beemer

• Premium Member
3 hours ago, Beemer said:

Yesterday I, or I should say DewMan, installed some running lights on my bike.

You chose the locations and mounted the lights, I just helped by routing the wires and crimped on some connectors. ☺️

They're looking nice and bright. 👍

I like your choice of locations, especially the reds. They give just a little under glow as well as being bright marker lights. They appear to give you twice the rear facing light of just the tail light alone which should be great for night time riding. We chose to add the rear facing reds to the tag light circuit, since it was already spliced for the tail tidy, instead of brake circuit for always on visibility.

Adding a second set of the reds and tying them into the brake light circuit would definitely be considered for my bike since my hard cases limit the off-center visibility  of the brake light.

Does anyone know of where I can get Y splitter cables with factory Yamaha connectors for the tail light?

I like how bright they are for how small they are. They're more than noticeable during the day. They're no wider than an actual bullet, approximately the diameter of a  .223/5.56 bullet case and less than an inch long. The wire comes straight out of the bottom but not centered on the base so hole placement is critical for proper location mounting. Luckily they come with templates you can cut out and tape in location to assist in getting the off center hole drilled in just the right location.

Edited by DewMan
  • Like 1

DewMan

Just shut up and ride.

• Premium Member
4 hours ago, Beemer said:

1.JPG

Nice picture of the effect of the lights, thinking of doing something similar and attaching them to my T-rex frame-sliders.Are your front turn signal not running (drl)?. I see you installed the chinese rad-guard also,I got the same 1 from china not installed yet. I'll have to straighten it out seeming as it came to me bent in a couple of places. I mean what am I to do? Return a $20 piece to China. 

Edited by fzar
  • Thanks 1

Kargaburun5
1 hour ago, DewMan said:

Does anyone know of where I can get Y splitter cables with factory Yamaha connectors for the tail light?

You are looking for Sumitomo 3 pin MT090 (6180-3241 6187-3231) connectors like these. Diagnostic port for can-bus output uses Sumitomo (6180-4771 6188-0004) 4 Pin MT090 connectors.

• Thanks 1

• Premium Member
2 minutes ago, Kargaburun5 said:

You are looking for Sumitomo 3 pin MT090 (6180-3241 6187-3231) connectors like these. Diagnostic port for can-bus output uses Sumitomo (6180-4771 6188-0004) 4 Pin MT090 connectors.

Nice. I appreciate the link. That's the proper connections I'm looking for. If I can't find a ready made Y cable I'll definitely order these.

DewMan

Just shut up and ride.

1 hour ago, fzar said:

Nice picture of the effect of the lights, thinking of doing something similar and attaching them to my T-rex frame-sliders.Are your front turn signal not running (drl)?. I see you installed the chinese rad-guard also,I got the same 1 from china not installed yet. I'll have to straighten it out seeming as it came to me bent in a couple of places. I mean what am I to do? Return a $20 piece to China. 

Keep in mind the light pods are flat on the bottom so they need a flat surface to attach to. Also, they come with sticky tape already on them but others that had them before me said that 3M tape is much better. No, my front signals aren't running. They are aftermarket turn signals but they're not DRL, one of my regrets with them. Sorry to hear your rad. guard is effed up. Hopefully you can bend it back well enough that it's not noticeable. I'm thinking of using some high temp. flat blk. paint on the parts of the radiator that the guard doesn't cover so that it doesn't stand out like a sore thumb.

• Like 1

Beemer

AlbatrossCafe

Was looking for old oil to use at my next change.This is what you are left with when you store your left over oil from the last 5 changes in an inconspicuous location and forget to reuse it:

4JPckP4.jpg

• Like 1

heartofperformance
On 2/22/2018 at 10:43 AM, mjh937 said:

What UPS dropped off today was a shock 😜.   Thanks @pattonme.  My forks are next, hopefully this month.  

0C7CEE24-50E1-493D-A3DB-BD69D588F2D8.jpeg

Is this the Nitron NTR1? 
How was the compression+rebound damping?

Cheers

• Global Moderator
5 hours ago, heartofperformance said:

Is this the Nitron NTR1? 
How was the compression+rebound damping?

Cheers

Yes it if the NTR1.  I have been very happy with the shock and the damping.  It made a big difference to how the bike handles. 

• Like 1