The MT-07 Forum

What did you do to your Yamaha FZ-07 today?

Cruizin

On 5/20/2018 at 9:33 PM, Bigturbomax said:

How do you like that k tech shock?

I'm liking it! Much more compliant than stock and absorbs the bumps without harshness.

• Premium Member

Track fairings are half painted.

0523181239-1.jpg

• Like 5

Craig Mapstone
Upstate New York

• Premium Member
On 5/21/2018 at 9:36 PM, Bigturbomax said:

Installed a new set of adjustable levers. I like the clutch a little closer to the bar and these did the job nicely. Full lenght, not shorties. I had another set of the same type last week, but the blue they came in didnt mesh well with my glacier blue. I think the silver looks much nicer. Definately compliments the bar ends i painted pretty well.

20180521_165603-567x1008.jpg

Like the look of the levers. Where did you get them?

• Like 2

• Premium Member
On 5/21/2018 at 6:36 AM, Beemer said:

No biggie but recently I bought a kickstand plate and a garage door opener that saves me from having to get off the bike, walk to the front door & through the house to the garage to hit the inside button on the wall.

Another gadget that will cause me to gain another pound every year, probably but I like it.

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00CPGQ1GO/ref=oh_aui_detailpage_o06_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B07537QRBG/ref=oh_aui_detailpage_o06_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

What took you so long to get on that garage door opener mod? Did you miss it cus it wasn't an actual part of the bike? 😝

• Haha 1

Instagram: @meekmade | You don't need to flat foot a bike to ride it.

• Premium Member

Took the puig sport screen off. I love how it looks without it. 

Also just repacked the Yoshi exhaust. They even re-sleeved the aluminum and gave it a brand new carbon fiber tip. 

The perks of giving them the FZ to make it I guess :)

• Like 2

17 hours ago, motomeek said:

What took you so long to get on that garage door opener mod? Did you miss it cus it wasn't an actual part of the bike? 😝

Yes, THAT!

I wrote Yamaha and told them there wasn't a garage door opener under my seat along with my tool bag and they sent me one right away. 😘

Beemer

• Premium Member
7 hours ago, Beemer said:

Yes, THAT!

I wrote Yamaha and told them there wasn't a garage door opener under my seat along with my tool bag and they sent me one right away. 😘

I actually have it chained to my key and placed a piece of velcro on it and the bike so it doesn't swing all over the place. And it's conveniently in a place where I can press it without having to stop before I get to my gate. 

• Like 1

LED headlight and running lights, flush mount front signals, new grips, new adjustable levers, and R6 throttle tube 😈🤘🏼

• Like 1

Bigturbomax
On 5/23/2018 at 2:55 PM, Hellbound said:

Like the look of the levers. Where did you get them?

Theyre off ebay. Listing didnt say MZS, but the hardware on the levers do. Ill scrounge up a link when i find it again.

thedriver1

Well down here in the sunshine state, it's been raining on and off for weeks and I've barely had a chance to use the bike.

I took her out last weekend with a couple friends to go test drive a Vanderhall. It's basically a classy version of the Slingshot, with a GM turbo 4 powering the front two wheels. I managed to drive it once and be passenger for an additional 2 runs and it was an absolute blast. It felt ridiculously fast and the turbo woosh added to the excitement.

As my birthday is coming up, I've taken the opportunity to order the Akra full carbon exhaust and ship my ecu back out to 2wdw for re-tuning. I'm super excited, as I've been eyeing that exhaust since I bought the bike but haven't been willing to throw money at it until now.

Pic of the Vanderhall attached, new exhaust pics soon to come!

IMG_20180520_120220_081.jpg

• Like 2

20180526_114212.thumb.jpg.d48cb6930fcdfa16529b87185662d153.jpgThis is what will be accomplished this afternoon......First oil change w/filter, chain adjustment(it stretched a good bit in 300 miles), radiator gaurd, and woodcraft frame sliders. 

• Like 4

1 hour ago, thedriver1 said:

Well down here in the sunshine state, it's been raining on and off for weeks and I've barely had a chance to use the bike.

I took her out last weekend with a couple friends to go test drive a Vanderhall. It's basically a classy version of the Slingshot, with a GM turbo 4 powering the front two wheels. I managed to drive it once and be passenger for an additional 2 runs and it was an absolute blast. It felt ridiculously fast and the turbo woosh added to the excitement.

As my birthday is coming up, I've taken the opportunity to order the Akra full carbon exhaust and ship my ecu back out to 2wdw for re-tuning. I'm super excited, as I've been eyeing that exhaust since I bought the bike but haven't been willing to throw money at it until now.

Pic of the Vanderhall attached, new exhaust pics soon to come!

IMG_20180520_120220_081.jpg

I've heard that those Slingshots are bad for being able to see what's behind you and I can understand that because of how high and wide the rear end is on those but the design on the Vanderhall looks to be a better design for that, lower and more streamlined. I've never ridden nor sat in either so what do you think about that? Any truth to it?

• Like 1

Beemer

thedriver1
16 minutes ago, Beemer said:

I've heard that those Slingshots are bad for being able to see what's behind you and I can understand that because of how high and wide the rear end is on those but the design on the Vanderhall looks to be a better design for that, lower and more streamlined. I've never ridden nor sat in either so what do you think about that? Any truth to it?

I had no issue with rear visibility when driving the Vanderhall.

It's a little hard to see in the picture, but the mirrors are mounted to the bottom of the windshield frame, on stalks the stick out to the side of the vehicle. They are about the size of motorcycle mirrors so obviously that limits their effectiveness but they have an unobstructed view to the rear. You're right, the low seat and tail height also help.

I have sat in the slingshot, though I've never tried to look behind me so I can't compare. 

Who needs to see behind you anyways though, it's what's in front that matters ;) 

• Like 1

36 minutes ago, thedriver1 said:

I had no issue with rear visibility when driving the Vanderhall.

It's a little hard to see in the picture, but the mirrors are mounted to the bottom of the windshield frame, on stalks the stick out to the side of the vehicle. They are about the size of motorcycle mirrors so obviously that limits their effectiveness but they have an unobstructed view to the rear. You're right, the low seat and tail height also help.

I have sat in the slingshot, though I've never tried to look behind me so I can't compare. 

Who needs to see behind you anyways though, it's what's in front that matters ;) 

"Who needs to see behind you anyways though, it's what's in front that matters ;) "

That's what she said! 😆

• Haha 1

Beemer

Bigturbomax

Gave mine a good, long overdue bath. And then hopped on with my soaking wet shirt and zipped around the neighborhood to dry off both parties lol. Which felt REAL good cuz its right at 95F outside right now haha

• Like 1

• Premium Member

ordered a new exhaust and ECU flash. Going to be nice weather all next week but hopefully I will get it back in time from 2wheeldynoworks  Can't wait to here her sing.

• Like 3

15 hours ago, Hellbound said:

ordered a new exhaust and ECU flash. Going to be nice weather all next week but hopefully I will get it back in time from 2wheeldynoworks  Can't wait to here her sing.

Which pipe did you purchase? Pics when it's on, thanks!

Beemer

thedriver1

Finally got my Akrapovic carbon!

Unfortunately, I noticed that when I shook the silencer, it sounded like a small piece of metal was rattling around inside. Looked like it was a reasonably common problem reported on the FZ09 forums, with some people reporting that they were getting money back or parts replaced by Akra. So I'm in the process of reaching out to both Akra and Revzilla to see what they see, I'll report back.

As usual, Nels at 2WDW is doing great at getting the ecu re-tuned and turned around!

• Like 1

• Premium Member
6 hours ago, Beemer said:

Which pipe did you purchase? Pics when it's on, thanks!

Went with the graves. Nels deal was to hard to beat.  Plus I like from what clips I found it doesn’t have that high squeal before it hits he base. 

• Like 1

• Premium Member

Went to Dave Moss Tuning to get the suspension dialed in. 

Had it done at a dealership years ago, but obviously... they had no idea what they were doing.

Even with the stock suspension, the bike feels like a slice of heaven. It's given both my wife and I the utmost confidence riding it now. 

Another FZ buddy of mine plan to upgrade the forks in the near future. If any of you know about Dave, this man is a suspension genius. We'll set up time with him where he'll actually walk us through and teach us how to do the fork update ourselves. I'm pretty stoked since I love to learn, and hands-on learning is always the best.

• Like 7

• Global Moderator
33 minutes ago, motomeek said:

Went to Dave Moss Tuning to get the suspension dialed in. 

Had it done at a dealership years ago, but obviously... they had no idea what they were doing.

Even with the stock suspension, the bike feels like a slice of heaven. It's given both my wife and I the utmost confidence riding it now. 

Another FZ buddy of mine plan to upgrade the forks in the near future. If any of you know about Dave, this man is a suspension genius. We'll set up time with him where he'll actually walk us through and teach us how to do the fork update ourselves. I'm pretty stoked since I love to learn, and hands-on learning is always the best.

I have watched a bunch of his stuff on YouTube.  I would love to have him set up my bike, especially now that I have an adjustable shock and forks. 

• Like 1

• Premium Member
On 6/4/2018 at 3:39 PM, mjh937 said:

I have watched a bunch of his stuff on YouTube.  I would love to have him set up my bike, especially now that I have an adjustable shock and forks. 

Totally. It'll be the best $40 you'll ever spend and only takes about 10 minutes. 

Don't know his schedule, but doesn't hurt if you want to contact him to see if he'll ever be in your area? 

He travels to different spots/tracks. I had a local moto group create an event for him to come out, then caught him at a moto garage a few days later. So if you get enough interest, it could be a thing?

19 minutes ago, chademinent said:

Got my body pieces ready for a new color last night.

PAINT.jpg

What method are you going to use to paint them? Spray can, air-brush, plasti-dip, professional paint shop? I always liked the color shown there so you'll have to put up pics of the new one , preferably with the parts mounted on bike.

• Like 1

Beemer