The MT-07 Forum

What did you do to your Yamaha FZ-07 today?

Cruizin

chademinent

What method are you going to use to paint them? Spray can, air-brush, plasti-dip, professional paint shop? I always liked the color shown there so you'll have to put up pics of the new one , preferably with the parts mounted on bike.

@Beemer  I do the work myself, I have a side business doing the liquid wraps.  The current color is a ZTF Hypershift in Autoflex Coatings, looks, feels, acts like paint but is completely removable (think plastidip's grown up more mature brother).  I am changing it to a custom blue pearl and I'm hoping it turns out the way i want. 

My instagram is #406dips  Facebook is www.facebook.com/406dips if you want to see some other work i do.

Edited by chademinent
  • Like 1

4 hours ago, chademinent said:

@Beemer  I do the work myself, I have a side business doing the liquid wraps.  The current color is a ZTF Hypershift in Autoflex Coatings, looks, feels, acts like paint but is completely removable (think plastidip's grown up more mature brother).  I am changing it to a custom blue pearl and I'm hoping it turns out the way i want. 

My instagram is #406dips  Facebook is www.facebook.com/406dips if you want to see some other work i do.

Pearl blue should be real pretty. Thanks for the info.!

• Like 1

Beemer

I tried out a new chain lube, Dupont Chain Saver, yesterday and found out that it also works extremely well at cleaning the crud off of the rear wheel. Once I finished with the chain, I was able to take a microfiber towel and wipe everything completely off of the wheel, which I had as of yet been unable to do while washing the bike (stuff was sticking to the hub of the wheel as well as the spokes since they are more textured than the lip, brushes and microfibers could get most of it but not all). So if anyone with the highlighter wheels is having issues cleaning them, this stuff will work haha. 

Edited by 208MT07
  • Like 1

That Dupont stuff is mostly solvent (that evaporates after it soaks in) with a bit of lube w/ teflon bits that gets left behind. You'll find lots of uses for it besides the chain.

I hate spray-on sticky chain lubes and will never use them because  the dried goo is just so hard to clean

• Like 1

I installed the exhaust I got from Aliexpress.  (Actually, I installed it a few weeks ago, but haven't had time to log in here lately.)  

https://www.aliexpress.com/item/MT07-FZ07-Motorcycle-Muffler-Full-Front-Exhaust-System-Pipe-Mid-Tube-DB-Killer-FOR-YAMAHA-MT/32827231270.html?spm=a2g0s.9042311.0.0.3da24c4dUyuVa0

I'm really impressed with everything about this exhaust.  Build quality and fit & finish are first class, regardless of price.   Installation was straightforward.  Had to hold my mouth just right to get the exhaust gaskets in place while I started the bolts.  Installing the top spring on the slip-on was a b*tch tho.  I ran it for a week without the db killer.  It's loud, but not ridiculously so.  The thing that convinced me to install the db killer was the popping and cracking when I chopped the throttle.  It sounds great, but got tiresome after a few days.  Last Friday, I was turning and let off the throttle a little.  It backfired loudly and scared the bejeezers out of me.😮 🙄   So i put the db killer that night.  Surprisingly (and fortunately), it didn't quiet it down much.  It just got a little deeper tone and quieted the backfiring down a bunch.   Here a few pics.

FZ07 5 (2) small.jpg

FZ07 6 (2) small.jpg

• Like 2

As God as my witness, I thought turkeys could fly.

Installed late last night the K-tech shock I got from pattonme. Will test it out today to experience the difference and make adjustments. Looking forward to getting the Matris kit from him as well to fix the front!

Edited by alexlj92
  • Like 2

Had a new rear tire, tier, tar (Dunlop Roadsmart II) put on. Now if the rain would go away just for tomorrow I'll be happy.

Beemer

• Premium Member

Good stuff, @squiernut did you get a tune on the ECU? to accompany the exhaust system? and if so who tuned it and what did they say when you asked "Do you have a map for an Ali-Express system" I mean is it a just a straight pipe? I haven't taken much of a look at the product.

• Premium Member
On 6/8/2018 at 5:58 AM, 208MT07 said:

I tried out a new chain lube, Dupont Chain Saver, yesterday and found out that it also works extremely well at cleaning the crud off of the rear wheel. Once I finished with the chain, I was able to take a microfiber towel and wipe everything completely off of the wheel, which I had as of yet been unable to do while washing the bike (stuff was sticking to the hub of the wheel as well as the spokes since they are more textured than the lip, brushes and microfibers could get most of it but not all). So if anyone with the highlighter wheels is having issues cleaning them, this stuff will work haha. 

What colour wheels do you have? Check the rag or paper towel to see if its bringing paint off with it.

3 minutes ago, fzar said:

Good stuff, @squiernut did you get a tune on the ECU? to accompany the exhaust system? and if so who tuned it and what did they say when you asked "Do you have a map for an Ali-Express system" I mean is it a just a straight pipe? I haven't taken much of a look at the product.

I haven't done anything to the ECU, yet.  😋  Not sure when, but it's on the list of things to do.  I'll be shocked if whoever flashes the ECU has a map for my exhaust.   It'll be interesting to see how things work out when I get it done. 

• Like 1

As God as my witness, I thought turkeys could fly.

20 hours ago, squiernut said:

I'll be shocked if whoever flashes the ECU has a map for my exhaust.   It'll be interesting to see how things work out when I get it done. 

Nels hasn't had a 2Brothers on his dyno so had to make a generic guess for mine.  The result was more than fine.

• Like 1

Bigturbomax
6 hours ago, artwood said:

Drag bars and new exhaust!

fz1.PNG

fz2.PNG

Finally someone got the devil exhaust!!! I looked at this one alot, but couldnt find any info on it. It looks great!! Hows it sound?

10 minutes ago, Cruizin said:

Where did you get that? Got a link?? 

Link

It's really deep and loud up to about 5k, then I just hear the same helmet wind noise I did with stock. It's not raspy AT ALL which I'm really excited about. 

There are some issues I had with the fit, finish and fitment, but it does sound awesome. I have pics and a video that I'll make a separate post about. 

• Premium Member

At first glimpse I was for sure it was a DanMoto, haven't seen or heard of Devil before.!

Put new tyres on it. I got the new pilot road 5's and rode them today during a thunderstorm. If they are anything like the 3's I'll be happy as a pig in.....you know what

1 hour ago, dmoney said:

BPut new tyres on it. I got the new pilot road 5's and rode them today during a thunderstorm. If they are anything like the 3's I'll be happy as a pig in.....you know what

Sweet Baby Ray's b-b-q sauce???

Beemer

2 minutes ago, Beemer said:

Never heard of a pig being happy in any kind of sauce. Delicious yes, but not happy

17 minutes ago, dmoney said:

Never heard of a pig being happy in any kind of sauce. Delicious yes, but not happy

Hold on there, the old expression may be a lie. Let's ask some pigs whether it's the mud or the sh*t in the mud that they like so much. 🤔

Beemer

2 minutes ago, Beemer said:

Hold on there, the old expression may be a lie. Let's ask some pigs whether it's the mud or the sh*t in the mud that they like so much. 🤔

Not sure. All i know is since you mentioned bbq sauce I've stopped caring about anything else and am suddenly incredibly hungry

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, dmoney said:

Not sure. All i know is since you mentioned bbq sauce I've stopped caring about anything else and am suddenly incredibly hungry

LOL, as am I but I had b-b-q the other day, looks like my favorite Chinese buffet for today. 😋

Beemer

5 hours ago, Beemer said:

"Hold on there, the old expression may be a lie. Let's ask some pigs whether it's the mud or the sh*t in the mud that they like so much."

They don't like either, it's just the way people keep them.

Edited by robbo10
  • Like 1

Just do it!