The MT-07 Forum

What did you do to your Yamaha FZ-07 today?

Cruizin

chademinent

Got my hands on an airbrush for the first time...got a little carried away lol.

I thinned down some plastidip.  It's all completely removable.  Not 100% done yet but I will get some more pics on my build page when its done.

20180711_204246_HDR.jpg

Edited by chademinent
  • Like 6

Installed a Yamaha Sportscreen. Seems to blend in well with the bike and cuts the wind from my upper chest down at 100 km/h (I'm 5'7"). 

I'll most likely end up parting with the Yamaha Cowl I had on there. 

IMG_0887.JPG

IMG_0889.JPG

IMG_0890.JPG

• Like 3

Instagram: @jayparrington 

• Premium Member

https://m.facebook.com/story.php?story_fbid=2072470969490283&id=134210496649683&fs=1&focus_composer=0

ummm... whos gonna be the 1st to install one of these kits??   my tuned CP3 motor puts 120whp/62TQ for comparison... 

• Like 3

2015 fz-07- Hordpower Edition...2015 fj-09- 120whp- Graves Exhaust w/Woolich Race Kit- tuned by 2WDW

6 hours ago, shinyribs said:

Strapped on a fresh Shinko 525 Cheater and brought it home. 😁

I7Nw2fQl.jpg

Are you putting it on a unicycle or what? 😉 I'm very curious to know. On your FZ?! Wicked!

Beemer

• Premium Member
12 minutes ago, Beemer said:

Are you putting it on a unicycle or what? 😉 I'm very curious to know. On your FZ?! Wicked!

I spy an an old Honda 2stroke in the background 👀

2015 fz-07- Hordpower Edition...2015 fj-09- 120whp- Graves Exhaust w/Woolich Race Kit- tuned by 2WDW

1 hour ago, norcal616 said:

LOL, DEEZ OLD EYES! I hope you have a ton of fun with it! I'm jealous, a 2-stroke! What model is it, cant tell. I do see Honda red but the engine size I can't make out. 

Beemer

Bigturbomax
8 hours ago, norcal616 said:

https://m.facebook.com/story.php?story_fbid=2072470969490283&id=134210496649683&fs=1&focus_composer=0

ummm... whos gonna be the 1st to install one of these kits??   my tuned CP3 motor puts 120whp/62TQ for comparison... 

Yeah buddy, thats the bees knees right there!!! 3k....doesnt sound too bad really. I want it lol

46 minutes ago, Bigturbomax said:

Yeah buddy, thats the bees knees right there!!! 3k....doesnt sound too bad really. I want it lol

Shouldn't a wheelie bar and a band aid come with it?

• Like 1

Beemer

FZ07R WaNaB

So I hit 10K today, and all of that is with the stock seat. Call me a masochist, but I like that seat, and I have ridden 535 in one day with it.

IMG_1735.JPG

• Like 5

13 hours ago, FZ07R WaNaB said:

So I hit 10K today, and all of that is with the stock seat. Call me a masochist, but I like that seat, and I have ridden 535 in one day with it.

IMG_1735.JPG

You must've been one of the people that ordered the "Buns of Steel"  video. 😉 Oh, congrats on the 10 K!

• Haha 1

Beemer

On 7/14/2018 at 8:50 AM, Beemer said:

lol. Not for the FZ. I need new rubber on the back of my XR400 after a recent dual sport/ camping trip. Too much pavement worked on my knobs...

On 7/14/2018 at 9:03 AM, norcal616 said:

Close!, but no smokers for me. That's a  XR250R hiding in the corner. 

• Like 1

• Premium Member

I brought a farkle for the "little bike"... I put the $50 gift card I won from the forum the other day... https://www.revzilla.com/motorcycle/rg-racing-radiator-guard-yamaha-fz-07-xsr700

• Like 4

Liquidmetal

Got my Shrike low mount bags installed this morning.  Very happy with them thus far.  Money well spent.

FZ-07_5.jpg

FZ-07_6.jpg

• Like 2

Opportunity is missed by most people because it is dressed in overalls and looks like work.

• Premium Member
6 hours ago, Liquidmetal said:

Got my Shrike low mount bags installed this morning.  Very happy with them thus far.  Money well spent.

Your impeccable tidiness is pleasing.

Crush your enemies. See them driven before you. Hear the lamentations of their women.          Fuss Life.

• Premium Member
31 minutes ago, Mr.Puss said:

Your impeccable tidiness is pleasing.

Annoying isn't it? 😉

• Like 1

DewMan

Just shut up and ride.

• Global Moderator

I rode to a nearby parking lot to practice low speed maneuvering and had an audience.   They seemed happy to eat and watch. 

DD36746B-4CBE-4B00-A3F7-C6484A7AD445.jpeg

• Like 3

20 hours ago, Liquidmetal said:

FZ-07_5.jpg

FZ-07_6.jpg

I'll trade you my bike, two dogs, five chickens, one burro and a case of Patron Tequila for your garage.

Beemer

Liquidmetal
3 hours ago, Beemer said:

I'll trade you my bike, two dogs, five chickens, one burro and a case of Patron Tequila for your garage.

Not bad, but you're gonna need to up that offer.  The really cool/expensive stuff is out of view on the other side of the garage.

Mel Gibson told me that dog makes a mighty fine meal, I know chickens do, never tasted burro.

Edited by Liquidmetal
  • Haha 1

Opportunity is missed by most people because it is dressed in overalls and looks like work.

Liquidmetal
On 7/10/2018 at 10:46 PM, JayMT07 said:

Did this a few weeks back but added one coat of nightshade to my turn signals. 

IMG_0768.JPG

IMG_0769.JPG

IMG_0771.JPG

Did you shoot these with clearcoat as well or is that Nightshades only? 

27 minutes ago, Liquidmetal said:

Did you shoot these with clearcoat as well or is that Nightshades only? 

Just one coat of Nightshade. They've been holding up well as is.

Instagram: @jayparrington 

On ‎6‎/‎27‎/‎2018 at 9:39 AM, rick said:

HH pads will give you a better bite for sure, but they are also a bit hard on rotors and can be a bit grabby in slow traffic

A lot of guys immediately swapped the lines for braided stainless. In the process, that loop over the wheel was eliminated. A big improvement was credited to the braided stainless, when it was really the change in how the hoses were routed.

I think you'll find that after a proper bleed, the lever will firm up dramatically and you can wait util the OE pads to wear out before spending on new. 

From my own experience;

I tried Ferodo pads years ago and 5,000 miles later I had a brake rotor that was hour-glass shaped in cross-section. I mailed the rotor and pads to the UK and Ferodo sent me a check for a new rotor. Any brake pad that tears up rotors isn't very helpful for street-riding in my opinion. The phrase "hard on rotors" is a huge red flag to me.

I've tried braided stainless-steel brake lines on past bikes and the lines greatly diminished brake feel. Instead of having room for modulation, the brakes became much more "light-switch" in operation which I regretted.  I've stayed with rubber brake hoses ever since.  More brake modulation than necessary is easier to deal with than not having enough modulation.

I'm sad to say that I've had tons of hard-won experience bleeding brake lines on cars, motorcycles and bicycles. In my experience, even a tiny amount of air will render a brake system soft and spongy. I'm frankly skeptical that any OEM vehicle comes with air in the brakes and requires a "proper bleed". What CAN happen though is that a semi-rigid hose lining can be pinched or crushed. Once deformed internally, every time the system gets pressure, the hose lining expands to the limit of the outer casing and feels spongy even though there is no air in the line at all. Obviously this only applies to brake hoses with inner and outer layers and the only fix is a new brake hose.  I'm not saying the quoted poster is wrong - I'm just adding my own experience from 40-years of wrenching.

I was tortured by the Japanese during the war, Jack. Not a pretty story. Strange thing is they make such bloody good cameras.

• Premium Member
On 7/19/2018 at 5:24 PM, DewMan said:

Annoying isn't it? 😉

You're damn right it is....if I had a garage, it would be like this. Pure envy.

• Like 1

Crush your enemies. See them driven before you. Hear the lamentations of their women.          Fuss Life.

Installed the Akro Ti exhaust.  Not as quick and easy as I had hoped for, but not very difficult either.  Tried to get my (almost 7 yr old) son involved to turn some wrenches, but alas it was not to be.  😢  Too distracted playing with the flashlight (my only source of light) to care about helping dad.  🤪  The hardest part was finding room to scrunch around the bike in my shed that also shares space with yard equipment and my personal tools.  I did notice one thing interesting was that there is a rubber plug covering a screw that appears to be holding the baffle in place.  I am curious to find out if Akro decided to try and make things easy for us instead of potentially mangling the baffle?  No time to play tonight, so I'll have to find out later.

Interesting that the recent topic of discussion is related to stainless lines.  I have a set waiting to be installed.  I suppose I'll try bleeding the loop first to see if things improve or change, but I'm 90% certain that the braided stainless will be getting installed.  If I don't like the change, then it's only time and effort to go back to original.

2 hours ago, Zephyr said:

I suppose I'll try bleeding the loop first to see if things improve or change, but I'm 90% certain that the braided stainless will be getting installed.

Don't bother bleeding the original lines. Fit the stainless & don't look back.

• Like 1