The MT-07 Forum

What did you do to your Yamaha FZ-07 today?

Cruizin

19 hours ago, zombiphone said:

Built myself a new headlight grill after losing the last one somewhere in BFE colorado (And my partner built me an extra one, because he apparently also likes getting stabbed by chicken wire and wanted to join in).

My bike looked so incomplete without it. I mean, it's also functional, since it catches a lot of bugs and rocks (CoughAndBirdsCough), but mostly, I only use these to make it look more zombie apocalypse, haha

39539007_452590248559054_6345527284614561792_o.jpg

Nice! Hey, put some feathers on them and they'll double as dream catchers. It's good to see that you got off your bike long enough to write a little. Do you like, eat and sleep on your bike? 😉 

Beemer

Finished off my rear brake reservoir mount and installed the motodynamic tail tidy.

20180818_163518.jpg

20180818_163504.jpg

20180818_163758.jpg

Edited by michigan400
Add pic
  • Like 2

• Premium Member

Since I gave Yosh my bike years ago to make the exhaust, I still have credits with them... so I guess I have to use them. 

Waited til I had to do an oil change to place the Yoshimura engine guards on. 

Apparently, when you remove the bolts, it's possible that it'll leak. So I drained the oil first and then installed these. 

It made for a super easy, and dry install. Just have to double check all the bolts, cus there are like 5 different sizes. 

Oh and got the oil plug filler cap changed out too. Cus I heard it adds 5+ HP. 

I think my bike has all the Yosh pieces available (except for the turn signals) for the FZ now. 

FZ07-EngineGuards-1.thumb.jpg.807aa4dc8b04878cd0a39576f1eeb4bb.jpgFZ07-EngineGuards-2.thumb.jpg.378950c437f5993aa5f9204542a83406.jpg

• Like 4

Instagram: @meekmade | You don't need to flat foot a bike to ride it.

Got around to putting wheel stickers on.  Having the rear paddock and front triple tree stands were a bonus for applying them. 

Here's one pic I'd post more but file size is killing me. 

B7688762-EF2F-4BCC-81F3-2850FEE1210B.jpeg

Edited by JayMT07
  • Like 3

Instagram: @jayparrington 

• Global Moderator
18 hours ago, motomeek said:

Since I gave Yosh my bike years ago to make the exhaust, I still have credits with them... so I guess I have to use them. 

Waited til I had to do an oil change to place the Yoshimura engine guards on. 

Apparently, when you remove the bolts, it's possible that it'll leak. So I drained the oil first and then installed these. 

It made for a super easy, and dry install. Just have to double check all the bolts, cus there are like 5 different sizes. 

Oh and got the oil plug filler cap changed out too. Cus I heard it adds 5+ HP. 

I think my bike has all the Yosh pieces available (except for the turn signals) for the FZ now. 

FZ07-EngineGuards-1.thumb.jpg.807aa4dc8b04878cd0a39576f1eeb4bb.jpgFZ07-EngineGuards-2.thumb.jpg.378950c437f5993aa5f9204542a83406.jpg

Showoff..... :P

kidding

Didn't know yoshi offered a eng guard system or turn signals

ATGATT... ATTATT, two acronyms I live by.

• Premium Member
6 hours ago, sorkyah said:

Showoff..... :P

kidding

Didn't know yoshi offered a eng guard system or turn signals

Welllll now you know! They released them awhile back, but it wasn't near when they released the initial exhaust. Not sure when they added the turn signals, but I already had that sorted, so probably glanced over those. 

Well, I've had my bike for three long years and 30k miles, she's been real good to me. I remember my first wheelie with her, it was a power wheelie in 2nd gear at 4k rpm. The front end rose up and hung there in the air, as if time stood still for a brief moment. I remember how the old ones watched with amazement and waved at me …. with one finger. I'll always treasure those special moments with my bike. Yes, the time has come to buy a new battery I'm afraid.  😁

What?! Did you think I was going to walk the plank so soon? Ha! I just bought a new battery for the bike. It's nothing top of the line, it's not a lithium ion but I don't need one that good. I ride almost every day so no problems with battery power, it stays charged. Plus, I do have a nice battery tender and piggy tails in case I do run into any problems. It was cheap and had pretty good reviews. I'll give one of my own after I've used it awhile.

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00DZ357ES/ref=oh_aui_detailpage_o00_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Beemer

• Global Moderator
On 8/21/2018 at 12:57 PM, motomeek said:

Welllll now you know! They released them awhile back, but it wasn't near when they released the initial exhaust. Not sure when they added the turn signals, but I already had that sorted, so probably glanced over those. 

Now you just need to ask them to make some adapter plates for the rearsets 

ATGATT... ATTATT, two acronyms I live by.

• Premium Member
2 hours ago, sorkyah said:

Now you just need to ask them to make some adapter plates for the rearsets 

Haha, I am only one person. I've asked for other things before... the masses must speak.

On 8/19/2018 at 2:48 PM, fzar said:

Is that the accessory socket on the left side zip-tied to the clutch cable? If so could you give me an link to where you got it and how you installed it. Maybe the 18 has a different set-up to the 15 I have but its interesting and looks clean AF.

Your volt meter is upside down...?

That's the cheap Chinese stand found on eBay.  All things considered not bad. Not sure I would sit on the bike very often while on the stand which is not the reason I bought it, its simply for maintenance. The add says for 2017 but it worked on my 2018. And it worked very well with Yoshimura exhaust system, I did add spacer to the stop for more clearance in the up position.

Look for this on eBay: Center Foot Stand Mount Centerstand for 2013-2017 Yamaha FZ MT 07 Tracer MT-07

• Like 2

Yes voltmeter upside down so the wires don't cross instrument panel...…….I don't read the numbers but look at LED lights.  Could have mounted someplace else but this was too easy.

• Like 1

Got me ECU tuned by 2wdw and swapped my air filter for a DNA filter. Extremely noticeable increase in power. I can easily power wheelie in 2nd gear now whereas before I could barely get the front wheel to come off the ground. Also, the tune makes the M4 exhaust sound even beefier. It growls more in the mid range and sounds beautiful. Overall, just made everything smoother while adding a bunch of power. If you don't know what to upgrade on your bike, I 100% recommend an ECU tune + air filter + exhaust.

• Like 4

3 hours ago, Yamaoldster said:

That's the cheap Chinese stand found on eBay.  All things considered not bad. Not sure I would sit on the bike very often while on the stand which is not the reason I bought it, its simply for maintenance. The add says for 2017 but it worked on my 2018. And it worked very well with Yoshimura exhaust system, I did add spacer to the stop for more clearance in the up position.

Look for this on eBay: Center Foot Stand Mount Centerstand for 2013-2017 Yamaha FZ MT 07 Tracer MT-07

Awesome thanks. I thought it was the ebay one. I kinda want one for maintanance simplification. Glad to know it fits with the r77 yoshi. It looks like it might fit with my carb yoshi system. 

15 hours ago, Yamaoldster said:

I looked at it as best I could and although the welds look a little sloppy the design looks fine, IMO. I think they'll be strong. I would get them over the SW Motech in a heartbeat just because of the savings. 

Beemer

It's definitely a SW knock off. Actually for nearly half the price its worth it. Quality of work is good, everything lined up nicely. The only complaint...…………. threads could have been cleaned up (maybe too much paint) but using lock tite and running the bolts in slowly worked ok. They also short changed me on the springs, I only received the one big spring which held the stand up but weak, I found the small inner spring on eBay 2 for 5 bucks. 

• Thanks 1

18 minutes ago, mickey63 said:

Added lights ….

only showing one side, but you get the idea.

2018-08-18 121321-3904389 (2).JPG

2018-08-18 121329-3050193 (2).JPG

2018-08-18 121314-2421362 (2).JPG

Could you give a review and a link? Some video would be nice if that's possible.

Beemer

7 minutes ago, Beemer said:

Could you give a review and a link? Some video would be nice if that's possible.

The lights are from Rigid Industries, they are a USA based company..... I got them in the UK from a franchise. 

I bought the Ignite bike kit which comes with two lights (flood or spot) I chose flood, a loom (which I didn't use, made my own with a relay) and a waterproof switch. https://www.rigidindustries.com/ignite-bike-kit-bike-kit-ignite.html 

To mount to the bike I used a Denali universal pivot light mounting bracket (this comes with the brackets, spacers and various size/length bolts) https://www.twistedthrottle.com/catalog/product/view/id/25035/s/denali-universal-pivot-light-mount/category/1397/

I also made up two L brackets which bolt to the Denali brackets and mount the lights to the bracket, hopefully the picture attached will show what I mean.

As to a review, the lights are made with a metal body and seem to be powder coated, they look and feel to be a quality product.

The lights have a two setting brightness, double click the power switch within 2 seconds changes the light intensity from bright to super bright and back. The super bright setting is to bright for road use (on coming traffic) to painful to look at, on low they are perfect. 

I'll have to try and grab a few night-time pictures or even a video, when I do I'll add them to this post...

2018-08-18 121506-1885409.jpg

• Like 5

Got a new paddock stand for the bike and some near gear...

42461177230_d11b440f87_z.jpg

Edited by mints
  • Like 3

'16 FZ-07 Matte Silver/Blurple
Instagram:Mintsopoulos

persydonkers
On 8/25/2018 at 7:27 PM, mints said:

Got a new paddock stand for the bike and some near gear...

42461177230_d11b440f87_z.jpg

Ooolala. Link?

2 minutes ago, persydonkers said:

Ooolala. Link?

I actually got these from my local cycle gear...I would definitely recommend trying em on first. To my surprise I had to get them in an 8.5...I normally wear a 10.5 haha. 

'16 FZ-07 Matte Silver/Blurple
Instagram:Mintsopoulos

I already posted this pic in the ECU section, but here we go. Hord Power airbox. 2WDW re-flash to go with said airbox. What can't be seen is the Driven gas cap and Puig oil cap. This bike is a freaking monster and my commute to work is a thousand times more fun. Fuel economy be damned.

0.jpg

• Like 2