The MT-07 Forum

What did you do to your Yamaha FZ-07 today?

Cruizin

On 8/14/2018 at 11:15 AM, michigan400 said:

That's what I was wondering. I looked at it the other night and seen the mount was part of the pillion. I'll see what I can cob together and spray paint black! LOL! Thanks!

If you take off the front wheel reflector bracket you can cut those in half and use them as a bracket

Edited by shawn724

I finally got rid of my giant jeep style driving lights and installed some equally bright, but much cleaner looking mini spots :)

20180825_195038-756x1008.jpg

20180825_194955-1008x756.jpg

20180825_203901-1008x756.jpg

20180825_195033-756x1008.jpg

• Like 2

I also started working on my tail tidy. Hopefully looks nice with the saddle bags back on.  I bought some oxford mini pumpkins also, but im debating leaving them off. What are yalls guys thoughts? If got blinkers built into the tst tail light of course. Would you guys run redundant blinkers or just use the ones in the tail light?

20180827_214659-1008x756.jpg

20180827_215141.jpg

These are the mini pumpkins compared to stock. Wire em in or leave em off?

20180827_215904.jpg

47 minutes ago, Bigturbomax said:

These are the mini pumpkins compared to stock. Wire em in or leave em off?

20180827_215904.jpg

I like as much visual presence as possible for the cages behind me. It gives more distance for the visually impaired... All in one looks beautiful but not as safe. Also check your state laws. Some require minimum distances between tail and turn signals.

20171013_172357-1195x2124.jpg

20171013_172410-1195x2124.jpg

Edited by mick97702
Added pictures
  • Like 2

Technically happened Sunday night, but finally got around to installing my TRex spool adapters after having them for about 3.5 months 😂. They kinda got shuffled under some things in the garage and I forgot about them. Made the chain cleaning I did today 100x easier having the bike up on a stand. 

20180828_035350.jpg

• Like 1

10 hours ago, Bigturbomax said:

I finally got rid of my giant jeep style driving lights and installed some equally bright, but much cleaner looking mini spots :)

20180825_195038-756x1008.jpg

20180825_194955-1008x756.jpg

20180825_203901-1008x756.jpg

20180825_195033-756x1008.jpg

I have a pair of Trail Tech 60mm LED's I would love to mount on mine. This is the time of year it's nice to have some extra light if you go for a late evening ride. What brand are the tube mounts you use? Looks like a good location for them.

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, michigan400 said:

I have a pair of Trail Tech 60mm LED's I would love to mount on mine. This is the time of year it's nice to have some extra light if you go for a late evening ride. What brand are the tube mounts you use? Looks like a good location for them.

They are cheap universal 1.25 in aluminum light mounts off amazon. I think theyre meant to mount on a roll bar. 

• Like 1

Figured I'd try to mount some front TST flushmount signals to the rear while I wait for the '18 integrated brake light. I switched sides on my Yoshi FE signal brackets and came up with this (see pics). 

When the integrated light light comes in I'll most likely keep these for increased visibility. 

IMG_1148.JPG

IMG_1152.JPG

IMG_1156.JPG

IMG_1157.JPG

• Like 2

Instagram: @jayparrington 

8 minutes ago, JayMT07 said:

Figured I'd try to mount some front TST flushmount signals to the rear while I wait for the '18 integrated brake light. I switched sides on my Yoshi FE signal brackets and came up with this (see pics). 

When the integrated light light comes in I'll most likely keep these for increased visibility. 

IMG_1148.JPG

IMG_1152.JPG

IMG_1156.JPG

IMG_1157.JPG

That looks clean. I really like it!

• Like 1

emperor_Wurm

Haven't done anything, but I did order an Ebay "windscreen", TST integrated tail light, fender eliminator and flush mount signals. Can't wait. 

• Like 4

• Global Moderator

took her for a quick 35 mile spin. 

nearly got hit by no less than 8 cars, 3 of which were prius' and the others were wither mercs or bmw's.

why cant the US make driving school mandatory at a federal level for everyone getting their driver license. 

i think motorcyclists should have the 'ability' to fire marking paint at someone that has hit them or come damned close. 

then report that and a description of the car. 

idk... im just sick of having to act like a hooligan just to avoid dying.

• Like 4

ATGATT... ATTATT, two acronyms I live by.

5 minutes ago, sorkyah said:

nearly got hit by no less than 8 cars, 3 of which were prius' and the others were wither mercs or bmw's.

why cant the US make driving school mandatory at a federal level for everyone getting their driver license. 

i think motorcyclists should have the 'ability' to fire marking paint at someone that has hit them or come damned close. 

Thats a heck of an idea. I always just wanna keep a sack of ball bearings on my tank and chuck at windows when people get too close lol. But i know what you mean. I hate having to ride with an agressive defense. 

1 hour ago, sorkyah said:

I feel your pain but if you think about it, most people do at least 12 years of school and there are some that still can't talk or write right. A couple weeks of driving school surely isn't going to make them drive right. Just ask Ron White about that.

Beemer

• Global Moderator
1 minute ago, Beemer said:

I feel your pain but if you think about it, most people do at least 12 years of school and there are some that still can't talk or write right. A couple weeks of driving school surely isn't going to make them drive right. Just ask Ron White about that.

I was thinking about what the scandanavians and Germans do

3-4 years of mandatory classes before you get your permit then another 2 years of classes to get your license

1 hour ago, Bigturbomax said:

Thats a heck of an idea. I always just wanna keep a sack of ball bearings on my tank and chuck at windows when people get too close lol. But i know what you mean. I hate having to ride with an agressive defense. 

Spark plugs ceramic coatings are wonderful for that ;)

3 minutes ago, sorkyah said:

3-4 years of mandatory classes before you get your permit then another 2 years of classes to get your license

They have bad drivers over there also, nothing fixes stupid. 😉

Beemer

My tail, is officially tidied!!!! I think it looks alright with saddle bags :)

20180828_200839-756x1008.jpg

20180828_202447.jpg

• Like 3

18 hours ago, sorkyah said:

18 hours ago, Beemer said:

They have bad drivers over there also, nothing fixes stupid. 😉

I know both your pains. Just found out the other day that Arizona hasnt banned texting and driving...people out here are absolutely clueless. Gotta have your head on a swivel out here. 

• Like 1

'16 FZ-07 Matte Silver/Blurple
Instagram:Mintsopoulos

• Global Moderator
1 minute ago, mints said:

I know both your pains. Just found out the other day that Arizona hasnt banned texting and driving...people out here are absolutely clueless. Gotta have your head on a swivel out here. 

yep, and to top it off, they closed down the 10 @ the 17 yesterday to prevent a jumper from faceplanting into traffic was stuck in the cage for almost an hour trying to get off the freeway

texting and driving is banned in most cities out here though at least i know for certain gilbert, chandler, mesa, scottsdale, paradise valley, and glendale, have ordinances against it and will issue fines if the officer catches you

the state has programs/policies against it, but is not officially banned

3 minutes ago, sorkyah said:

yep, and to top it off, they closed down the 10 @ the 17 yesterday to prevent a jumper from faceplanting into traffic was stuck in the cage for almost an hour trying to get off the freeway

texting and driving is banned in most cities out here though at least i know for certain gilbert, chandler, mesa, scottsdale, paradise valley, and glendale, have ordinances against it and will issue fines if the officer catches you

the state has programs/policies against it, but is not officially banned

Im down in Tucson...people do it blatantly down here. I just give them the death stare as I ride by or throw up the "wtf" hand. Not gonna like, I come from chicago, and pheonix seems way crazier lol theres always some bonkers things going on up there it seems. 

• Global Moderator
9 minutes ago, mints said:

Im down in Tucson...people do it blatantly down here. I just give them the death stare as I ride by or throw up the "wtf" hand. Not gonna like, I come from chicago, and pheonix seems way crazier lol theres always some bonkers things going on up there it seems. 

tucson is worse.... closer to the border, and less cops. also a college town, with the occasional engineer sticking his nose out of his house

up here at least most people get the shaft for what they do wrong

2 minutes ago, sorkyah said:

tucson is worse.... closer to the border, and less cops. also a college town, with the occasional engineer sticking his nose out of his house

up here at least most people get the shaft for what they do wrong

Luckily were on the city outskirts so we dont get all that crap. Were actually building a house in Red Rock (near eloy) definitely looking forward to that. If you ever happen to be down this way, feel free to get in touch. Mt Lemmon or Gates pass is a blast to ride. 

• Global Moderator

@mints 

i'll end up down there at some point, the place i work just split, we're opening a workshop up here in phx and the other half is moving down there to tucson.
need more people to head up north with. there are some awesome roads on the way up to strawberry and flagstaff

9 minutes ago, sorkyah said:

@mints 

i'll end up down there at some point, the place i work just split, we're opening a workshop up here in phx and the other half is moving down there to tucson.
need more people to head up north with. there are some awesome roads on the way up to strawberry and flagstaff

I bet. ive been wanting to take a ride up there. Thats another reason I want a Triumph Tiger, so i can do some riding with my wife. Some trips up to sedona for a weekend. 

On 8/28/2018 at 10:33 AM, JayMT07 said:

IMG_1148.JPG

IMG_1152.JPG

IMG_1156.JPG

IMG_1157.JPG

TST has had the 2018 integrated tail light available for about a week now 

*edit* sorry read your post wrong. I see you had ordered it and is waiting for it to come in

Edited by shawn724