The MT-07 Forum

What did you do to your Yamaha FZ-07 today?

Cruizin

• Premium Member
9 minutes ago, sorkyah said:

I dont live in a good area,  admittedly im probably one of the 3 people on the street that label cant be applied to.  

Haven't been caught yet?

Just kidding. 😆

Luckily I have garage storage for my bike or I'd be B*tch-Slapping some kids if they chose to vandalize mine.... right before I get carted off in handcuffs.

Edited by DewMan
  • Haha 1

DewMan

Just shut up and ride.

6 minutes ago, DewMan said:

Haven't been caught yet?

Just kidding. 😆

Luckily I have garage storage for my bike or I'd be head-smacking some kids if they chose to vandalize mine.

Careful, 40 years from now someone could use that against you and say that goes to character.

I know, I know, whip out the o'l 9mm and show them some character, ha! 🤣

• Like 1

Beemer

• Global Moderator
8 minutes ago, Beemer said:

Just curious, why is that? You are a male, correct?

yes, but there are at minimum 14 registered Sex Offenders living on the same street as i am, and my reputation for dislike of children is known widely even though ive only been here for 4months. 

7 minutes ago, DewMan said:

Haven't been caught yet?

Just kidding. 😆

Luckily I have garage storage for my bike or I'd be head-smacking some kids if they chose to vandalize mine.

i live in a duplex with no garage or carport. i wish i still had a garage. would make life so much easier

3 minutes ago, Beemer said:

Careful, 40 years from now the someone could say that goes to character.

I know, I know, whip out the o'l 9mm and show them some character, ha! 🤣

I wish, oh how i wish sometimes.... 
especially when they play between the houses at 11pm and wake my ass up

ATGATT... ATTATT, two acronyms I live by.

53 minutes ago, sorkyah said:

yes, but there are at minimum 14 registered Sex Offenders living on the same street as i am, and my reputation for dislike of children is known widely even though ive only been here for 4months. 

i live in a duplex with no garage or carport. i wish i still had a garage. would make life so much easier

I wish, oh how i wish sometimes.... 
especially when they play between the houses at 11pm and wake my ass up

Go out there one night and stand in the shadows with a hockey mask on and a fake machete. Don't respond if they talk to you, just breath heavy and stare at them. 

jason.jpg

BTW, the left doesn't care about your reputation. Just ask Judge Kavanaugh.

• Like 1

Beemer

I picked up some shiny parts and some not-so-shiny parts and got them installed this weekend. The carbon heel guard came from eBay and fit almost perfectly, just needed a quick touch with a dremel grinding wheel on one side. 

Installation of the Motion Pro throttle tube was almost as easy, I was able to remove and reinstall the grips incredibly easily using a little WD40 as lubricant. The bike feels a lot tighter, no more slack at zero throttle which smoothed out low speed maneuvering as I can better modulate the throttle near the full closed position. Also makes it easier to ride quickly because the throttle takes less movement to turn. It could still be slightly faster if you really want to ride wide open a lot, but I use it primarily as a commuter.

I will say changing the throttle tube makes the bike feel slightly more aggressive, feels like a little bit less of a gentle commuter now, but it's fun!

20180930_112115-2016x1134.jpg

• Premium Member
20 minutes ago, thedriver1 said:

. It could still be slightly faster if you really want to ride wide open a lot, but I use it primarily as a commuter. 

Congrats on the bling. 👍

FYI: The R6 throttle tube is a little faster/shorter to full throttle but still easy to use for daily driving.

stock tube: 1/4 turn

Motion Pro: 1/5th  turn

R6 tube: 1/6th turn

DewMan

Just shut up and ride.

• Global Moderator

Watched as mother nature gave her a bath

Yet another rear tire! I've actually still got about 1k miles left in my Shinko 009, but I'm going on a trip sonn that will be around 1200-1500 miles and I don't want to push my luck. 

ecvWpkPl.jpg

eQuPrvNl.jpg

Fresh S21 and off the barber we go!

002voGBl.jpg

• Like 1

10 hours ago, DewMan said:

Congrats on the bling. 👍

FYI: The R6 throttle tube is a little faster/shorter to full throttle but still easy to use for daily driving.

stock tube: 1/4 turn

Motion Pro: 1/5th  turn

R6 tube: 1/6th turn

Thank you!

I had heard about the difference between the motion pro and OEM R6 tube. Given the way I use the bike, I felt that I really had no need for the shortest one. Riding around with it today, I think it was a great choice.

• Like 1

Shinko Raven 009's front and back last Thursday, Penske 8900e rear shock last Friday, and new fork springs and oil (to accommodate my weight and reduce brake dive) earlier this afternoon - all in all, quite a difference!

• Like 2

It looks like mine, it doesn't cover the upper part of the radiator. Why they made it like that beats me! That's like selling a seat cover that doesn't cover the seat.

Beemer

1 hour ago, Beemer said:

It looks like mine, it doesn't cover the upper part of the radiator. Why they made it like that beats me! That's like selling a seat cover that doesn't cover the seat.

I have the same one too. I dont mind the coverage cuz it protects the delicat fins. The end tanks would take something more sunstantial to get damaged, so, for the money im happy with it. Id say it gives at least $20 worth of protection lol

• Like 2

30 minutes ago, Bigturbomax said:

I have the same one too. I dont mind the coverage cuz it protects the delicat fins. The end tanks would take something more sunstantial to get damaged, so, for the money im happy with it. Id say it gives at least $20 worth of protection lol

Pretty much how I felt, also. It was just a matter off how it looked, kinda half assed. 😉 I think people should be aware of it before they buy it.

Beemer

• Premium Member

Just an FYI: For those looking for more complete coverage on their radiator guard, Evotech makes one that fully covers the front. But It's not as cheap as the ones made from Chinesium. ✌️

• Thanks 1

DewMan

Just shut up and ride.

• Global Moderator

debating on rear tire selection. 
found a screw in mine today when i was leaving work. 
luckily one of the neighboring shops had a plug kit... not that it did much good.

as i was pulling out of the shop i heard a hissing noise.... rear tire had a piece of glass in it as well. 

so now I need a rear, and am pissed.... i will barely have the funds to cover it. 

• Sad 1

I can feel your agony and these things suck. But at least it didn't happen when you where riding and causing a spill.

It will pay to go for a tire known to last many miles rather than throw the cheapest one you can find on there. PR4 is one example of a tire that offer lots of miles and still grip very well. 

Edited by faffi

• Global Moderator
1 hour ago, faffi said:

I can feel your agony and these things suck. But at least it didn't happen when you where riding and causing a spill.

It will pay to go for a tire known to last many miles rather than throw the cheapest one you can find on there. PR4 is one example of a tire that offer lots of miles and still grip very well. 

PR4 is on there currently, and i only got 4k out of it... the center was almost bald..... wondering if i got a bad one.
i havent decided on what tire yet, but i'll be calling a local shop i trust to see if they have any take-offs i can use
I havent hit the track in over a year, and dont foresee doing so until end of next, unless i come into a windfall of some sort

I am looking at conti road attack 3s, the pr4/5, dunlop q300 sportmax(can get a set for the same price as a pr4 or 5), commanderII(not serious just a thought). I dont know what ill get offered to me tomm/today... but i hope i can find something useful.

unfortunately, money is very tight. I am still rebuilding my life after a 6mo span of homelessness. 
I just made the last payment on the bike :) and will have title in had in a week. But that kinda sidelined me from purchases and now this happens... my life hasnt been great the past year.

Sad to hear. On the positive side, you seem to have been able to prioritize well and made the best out of a very difficult situation.

4k out of a PR4 sounds unusual. After 5k miles, the rear tire on my brother's Triumph 900 Trophy looked almost like new. And that was with a lot of high speed motorway touring as well as riding up and down the Alps for several days at a brisk pace. 

My current Deauville 650 came with an almost new PR4 at the back, so it will be interesting to see how it holds up over time. It feels way better than the PR3s that were fitted to the MT07 - they lasted about 9k mi until bald - as well as the PR3 that is on the front of the Deauville. I strongly dislike the PR3 because they are harsh and numb feeling. Significantly lowering the pressure helps somewhat in those regards.

• Global Moderator
On 10/5/2018 at 2:33 AM, faffi said:

Sad to hear. On the positive side, you seem to have been able to prioritize well and made the best out of a very difficult situation.

4k out of a PR4 sounds unusual. After 5k miles, the rear tire on my brother's Triumph 900 Trophy looked almost like new. And that was with a lot of high speed motorway touring as well as riding up and down the Alps for several days at a brisk pace. 

My current Deauville 650 came with an almost new PR4 at the back, so it will be interesting to see how it holds up over time. It feels way better than the PR3s that were fitted to the MT07 - they lasted about 9k mi until bald - as well as the PR3 that is on the front of the Deauville. I strongly dislike the PR3 because they are harsh and numb feeling. Significantly lowering the pressure helps somewhat in those regards.

My previous pr4 wasnt even at the wear bars at 14k

The first 2k miles of this tire though, we're run over pressured (as I came to find out my gauge was broken....).

So there was plenty of meat on the sides, just squared off waaaay too early due to my stupidity

Also an update

Got a 'new' tire 

A friend of mine tony owns The Helmet Center and both him and his business partner are retired racers. He scrubbed in a new set of pilot power 2cts at the track last weekend.  He didn't like the feel so he took them off for a new set of Q4s and gave me his rear for 50 bucks. 

So I now have an essentially new, Pilot Power 2CT rear that's done about 60 track miles and is already scrubbed in. 

I love the motorcycle community 

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1

Left home Friday morning at 6:30am and ride to a buddies house 30 minutes away. He rode 550 miles down to Barber Vintage Festival. But what's that got to do with today? 

Was parked beside my buddies broke down '71 Triumph ( he hauled down, bless him for the air conditioned camper!) under the awning of a very janky gas station in a very shady part of town when a woman backed her pickup in to me while I was sitting on my FZ. Her bumper hit my crash cage ( not my leg!) and I lept away from the bike letting it fall on to the crash cage on the other side. I never heard or saw her coming ( loud pipes save lives?), so I had no time to react. Luckily, stopped immediately when I yelled. She was more shaken up than me. Absolutely zero damage to the bike other than a tiny scratch on the crash bar. Didn't even knock my bar end mirrors out of adjustment!

I love crash protection! Woulda really sucked to had a cracked engine cover 550 miles from home! Never own a bike without it.

• Like 1

On 10/4/2018 at 10:34 PM, sorkyah said:

debating on rear tire selection. 
found a screw in mine today when i was leaving work. 
luckily one of the neighboring shops had a plug kit... not that it did much good.

as i was pulling out of the shop i heard a hissing noise.... rear tire had a piece of glass in it as well. 

so now I need a rear, and am pissed.... i will barely have the funds to cover it. 

Mind if I ask where you are located? I've got a couple used spares you can have. They are pretty worn down, but with gentle riding you could milk 1k miles out of each of them, at least.

• Global Moderator
13 minutes ago, shinyribs said:

Mind if I ask where you are located? I've got a couple used spares you can have. They are pretty worn down, but with gentle riding you could milk 1k miles out of each of them, at least.

I'm in Phoenix, AZ

I greatly appreciate it dude, but I was actually able to get a replacement for extremely cheap, 

Read back a few posts

8 hours ago, shinyribs said:

Left home Friday morning at 6:30am and ride to a buddies house 30 minutes away. He rode 550 miles down to Barber Vintage Festival. But what's that got to do with today? 

Was parked beside my buddies broke down '71 Triumph ( he hauled down, bless him for the air conditioned camper!) under the awning of a very janky gas station in a very shady part of town when a woman backed her pickup in to me while I was sitting on my FZ. Her bumper hit my crash cage ( not my leg!) and I lept away from the bike letting it fall on to the crash cage on the other side. I never heard or saw her coming ( loud pipes save lives?), so I had no time to react. Luckily, stopped immediately when I yelled. She was more shaken up than me. Absolutely zero damage to the bike other than a tiny scratch on the crash bar. Didn't even knock my bar end mirrors out of adjustment!

I love crash protection! Woulda really sucked to had a cracked engine cover 550 miles from home! Never own a bike without it.

A good set of lungs are so under rated. 😉

• Like 1

Beemer