The MT-07 Forum

What did you do to your Yamaha FZ-07 today?

Cruizin

CriticalCore

I attempted to install the center stand, but the aftermarket Arashi footpegs are too close to the frame, brake lever would get sandwiched between the mounting bolts.

I've got a clutch case mounting bracket for my phone gps, what could possibly go wrong next...

39 minutes ago, CriticalCore said:

I attempted to install the center stand, but the aftermarket Arashi footpegs are too close to the frame, brake lever would get sandwiched between the mounting bolts.

I've got a clutch case mounting bracket for my phone gps, what could possibly go wrong next...

Do you have a significant other?

Beemer

5 minutes ago, CriticalCore said:

Other than the bike no?

Well, if you did I was gonna say …… give it time.

Beemer

On 5/14/2018 at 8:38 PM, rushdewalt said:

Shout out to Stev74 for his gauge relocation bracket design. Very reasonable cost, easy to attach, seems well made, and most importantly for me now I can check the gauges with a glance instead of a head nod 

.20180514_191021.thumb.jpg.3e45301712da0719df1b5c890fea8286.jpg20180514_191035.thumb.jpg.530b81da9afbbe06254f6e367125221c.jpg20180514_191129.thumb.jpg.91be9b08174b95e484ef84dc42d56ab1.jpg20180514_191150.thumb.jpg.67067031cc70a69dee2ea1e0451451b5.jpg

Is there any wind screen that would attach with the gauge relocation? 

phanomenal07

Ordered Motul 7100 10w-40 synthetic ester oil. I’ll let you guys know if my problem goes away or not

10 hours ago, RunningonMT said:

Is there any wind screen that would attach with the gauge relocation? 

I believe he also designed some  brackets that will allow the the use of a Yamaha flyscreen. Other than that I don't know of one that will work without some modification. I had a 39cm Ermax fairing on mine before I moved the gauge, and to be honest I  haven't missed it so far. 

• Global Moderator

Stared at her longingly....
i've been in a mental funk this week, have a new shoe on the rear and no energy to go ride...
what's wrong with me

• Sad 1

ATGATT... ATTATT, two acronyms I live by.

Finally rode mine after a 2 1/2 week hiatus.  Non-stop rain here the past two weeks, the few opportunities to ride had me on my Vulcan.

The brief time away from my FZ made me appreciate it even more, such an awesome ride it is.  Hate the thought that I will be putting it into winter storage soon.

Opportunity is missed by most people because it is dressed in overalls and looks like work.

• Global Moderator
17 minutes ago, Liquidmetal said:

Finally rode mine after a 2 1/2 week hiatus.  Non-stop rain here the past two weeks, the few opportunities to ride had me on my Vulcan.

The brief time away from my FZ made me appreciate it even more, such an awesome ride it is.  Hate the thought that I will be putting it into winter storage soon.

sooo much easier top maneuver than a vulcan though, right?

18 minutes ago, sorkyah said:

sooo much easier top maneuver than a vulcan though, right?

Night and day difference between the two bikes in virtually every respect.  I like the Vulcan (which is why I keep it around) but the FZ will always be my favorite by a wide margin.  If I had to get rid of one, the Vulcan would be gone tomorrow.

Opportunity is missed by most people because it is dressed in overalls and looks like work.

20 hours ago, sorkyah said:

Stared at her longingly....
i've been in a mental funk this week, have a new shoe on the rear and no energy to go ride...
what's wrong with me

I feel tired a lot but that's an affect of diabetes. Maybe a B12 shot for you would make things right? A lot of people do that when they get to feeling like they have no energy. Do you have allergies? Maybe your doc could pinpoint the problem.

Beemer

• Global Moderator
3 hours ago, timjh said:

why, did you leave us already tim?

4 hours ago, sorkyah said:

why, did you leave us already tim?

Nah.  I posted in the wrong forum.

About time to pull the bike out of summer storage...

Got my Evotech rear footpeg deletes in the mail today and got them installed. Think it looks much better. 

20181011_181626.jpg

• Like 1

• Global Moderator
3 hours ago, timjh said:

Nah.  I posted in the wrong forum.

About time to pull the bike out of summer storage...

sweet
let me know if you're heading out on a ride sometime
ive got the bike mostly ready for a day of twisties

10 hours ago, sorkyah said:

sweet
let me know if you're heading out on a ride sometime
ive got the bike mostly ready for a day of twisties

The road to Tortilla Flats has been repaved.  I went up while they were still striping it in April and it was sweet then, should be better without all the trucks.

• Like 1

• Global Moderator

attempted my hand at upholstery work.....
luckily i only did the pillion and it turned out......ok?

there are things i could have done much better, but for a quick 2 hour cut/shape/cover job it wasnt bad. 
i may even post a pic if i ever get up and take one...

On 10/12/2018 at 6:57 AM, timjh said:

The road to Tortilla Flats has been repaved.  I went up while they were still striping it in April and it was sweet then, should be better without all the trucks.

should definitely  head up there at some point. 

photo_2018-10-13_09-19-15.jpg

photo_2018-10-13_09-19-31.jpg

photo_2018-10-13_09-19-49.jpg

• Like 1

I finally changed my oil today. I got all that foul and cheap peterolem crap the previous owner left in there for me. 

I gave her Motul 10w40 full syn to drink. The nice expensive Red stuff Yeaaaaa.

My bike roared like a BEAST after it was done.

Instant performance boost. Hellyea. Next weekend is 8k mile Spark Plug replacement and install new chain and a +2 sprocket 

13 hours ago, Ninjasmoker said:

I finally changed my oil today. I got all that foul and cheap peterolem crap the previous owner left in there for me. 

I gave her Motul 10w40 full syn to drink. The nice expensive Red stuff Yeaaaaa.

My bike roared like a BEAST after it was done.

Instant performance boost. Hellyea. Next weekend is 8k mile Spark Plug replacement and install new chain and a +2 sprocket 

Do as you wish, this is just a heads up but if your bike is starting good and running good you don't have to do that spark plug change at that interval. You can wait until it starts to show signs of it lacking in performance. Mine didn't lack any performance until well after the stated interval.

Beemer