The MT-07 Forum

What did you do to your Yamaha FZ-07 today?

Cruizin

• Premium Member
10 hours ago, phanomenal07 said:

Thanks. I am gonna take it off tomorrow I just hope it isn’t a hassle to get back on. I don’t have the spring puller thingys that came with the can anymore

In a pinch I've used  a Allen/Hex wrench "L" key as a spring puller.

• Thanks 1

DewMan

Just shut up and ride.

2 hours ago, DewMan said:

I made one from an old bicycle spoke and a piece of 1" dowel as a handle. Drill a small hole thru the dowel in the middle, run the threaded portion of spoke thru the hole about half-way and wrap the spoke around the dowel once or twice. Use the end that normally goes thru the bicycle wheel's hub as the hook. 

• Like 1

7 hours ago, DewMan said:

I've never ownede a spring tool. I've always just used a screw driver on drum brakes and the last two times that I've messed with that spring on the can and the springs for my center stand I just used a medium screwdriver. Takes a steady hand so it doesn't slip off prematurely but it wasn't hard to do since I'm a neurosurgeon with super steady hands. 😏

Beemer

Well I got the new fender eliminator kit on, and I think it looks pretty good......I watched a couple videos that said it would take anywhere from 1 to 1.5 hours. Well I guess my wrenches turn slower than thiers....it took me close to 3 😀

20181027_101457.thumb.jpg.d9f088ceaade7ac2ce9624c9862aa62f.jpg

Edited by RIP
  • Like 6

3 hours ago, Beemer said:

@RIP  Female bikes don't mind when you take your time, they love being worked on. 😉

😀........well she really going to love me when I get my Hord Airbox and Yoshi pipe I just ordered.......I'm going to spend all weekend with her 🤣

• Haha 1

4 minutes ago, RIP said:

😀........well she really going to love me when I get my Hord Airbox and Yoshi pipe I just ordered.......I'm going to spend all weekend with her 🤣

Don't forget to hang a "Do Not Disturb" sign on the garage door, ha!

Good luck with those builds.

• Like 1

Beemer

• Premium Member
41 minutes ago, RIP said:

Make sure you take her out for dinner first. She'll be more tolerant with a full tank. 😁

Edited by DewMan
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

DewMan

Just shut up and ride.

so today i went out and bought my fz a buddy. i bought a 2010 daytona 675 se. i am not gonna be selling my fz so you guys wont lose me :). but is there a forum like this one for daytonas? any recomendation

• Like 2

• Premium Member
1 hour ago, phanomenal07 said:

so today i went out and bought my fz a buddy. i bought a 2010 daytona 675 se. i am not gonna be selling my fz so you guys wont lose me :). but is there a forum like this one for daytonas? any recomendation

glad your not leaving or selling out, you got a pic of the Daytona?

• Premium Member
40 minutes ago, phanomenal07 said:

If there is a want for that I can definitely do a comparison.

I'd be interested.

• Like 1

Just now, fzar said:

I'd be interested.

A comparison to what, our bike? Two totally different bikes. 

Beemer

19 hours ago, faffi said:

So? Performance Bikes once compared a Gold Wing, a YZF and a Zephyr. Different? Sure. Still a good yarn to read.

I didn't read the article, I wouldn't know. Maybe it was but it's not this comparison. It's just that some individuals get a little tired of hearing people say the same boring things time after time when they compare a sport to a super sport. I would hope you can appreciate that.

Beemer

4 hours ago, Beemer said:

I didn't read the article, I wouldn't know. Maybe it was but it's not this comparison. It's just that some individuals get a little tired of hearing people say the same boring things time after time when they compare a sport to a super sport. I would hope you can appreciate that.

i get it. most of the things i said in my comparison was kind of obvious but im sure someone will find it interesting.

• Like 1

Installed the Yamaha heated grips today. Haven't rode with it yet and. On the max settings I was able to grab it with my bare hands so that doesn't sound very promising but I will see what happens when I actually use it

• Like 1