The MT-07 Forum

What did you do to your Yamaha FZ-07 today?

Cruizin

The threaded bung welded into the exhaust where the O2 sensor is supposed to go is to large for the stock O2 sensor. I believe a reducer should have been included. No, the O2 sensor will not screw into the pipe due to it needing to have a reducer fitting. I have disconnected the sensor plug as well for the time being until I get sent the proper part.
Its my luck...I always get shorted on parts or something. Why cant it just be like it is supposed to be!! lol

Any NAPA store or other auto parts store should have the adapter you need and it doesn't cost an arm and a leg.
Man oh man u must have better Napa stores around you than I do. I went EVERYWHERE!! John Deere, Case IH(tractor places), Oh Oh Oh O'Rileys, The Nuts & Bolts Store and the best I could come up with was an 18mm oil drain plug from O'Rileys. Its fits but I am worried about the O2 sensor not being plugged in and ruining something. Apparently Dobeck didn't get the adaptor with their kit either. It needs an 18 to 12 reduction and I am on the hunt but all advice is much appreciated fellow FZ07er's. Last ditch effort is calling some stealerships' and hope I get lucky or Fastenall but all those places are a good drive away. BTW - I couldn't resist firing it up...placed a rag over the O2 sensor hole and she sounds....great, then I removed the db killer and the tone is much lower and it sounds freakn amazing!!

• Premium Member
hippiebikerchick
Any NAPA store or other auto parts store should have the adapter you need and it doesn't cost an arm and a leg.
Man oh man u must have better Napa stores around you than I do. I went EVERYWHERE!! John Deere, Case IH(tractor places), Oh Oh Oh O'Rileys, The Nuts & Bolts Store and the best I could come up with was an 18mm oil drain plug from O'Rileys. Its fits but I am worried about the O2 sensor not being plugged in and ruining something. Apparently Dobeck didn't get the adaptor with their kit either. It needs an 18 to 12 reduction and I am on the hunt but all advice is much appreciated fellow FZ07er's. Last ditch effort is calling some stealerships' and hope I get lucky or Fastenall but all those places are a good drive away. BTW - I couldn't resist firing it up...placed a rag over the O2 sensor hole and she sounds....great, then I removed the db killer and the tone is much lower and it sounds freakn amazing!!

How about McMaster Carr or Grainger.

Illegitimi non carborundum

Thanks Hippy - There are none of those reasonably close to me. Dillon at Dobeck has contacted Akra and having them send one to me direct. I was just hoping to luck out and find one locally. With my luck I'll be waiting a month on this part to get to me via USPS. I have located some online but shipping is just crazy stupit!!

Can you still run the bike with the new exhaust anyway? Mine come's in tomorrow and Dillon called me too about this,... i really don't have the patience to wait any longer than tomorrow, once my ejk and akra carbon come in tomorrow, i'm staying up all night installing it and riding... man this sucks... but i believe dillon said some of the shipments may have the adaptor? i'm not sure but maybe i'll get lucky.... or maybe if anyone knows any stores in maryland i could try to find this?

"Shoot? I'm a hippie. The only thing I've shot is acid. I heard of a dude snorted it once. Thought his nose was a kangaroo and the moon was a dog! WOOH!" - The Truth (GTA San Andreas)

@missourifz07 I ran my bike with the 02 sensor disconnected, for the first 40 miles it did just fine, but as soon as I did a high speed run (115) the engine light came on. If you take it somewhat easy you should be fine. At high rpms the computer is looking for changes from the 02 sensor, when the are none it will throw a code. Once I put the sensor back in it went away.

I had to make my own adapter, I couldn't wait.
bf3ac8c31715402f470f6b254666fa80.jpg

• Like 1

You do or don't
Then your dead.

To order a tail tidy click
One-off-fabrication.myshopify.com

@missourifz07 I ran my bike with the 02 sensor disconnected, for the first 40 miles it did just fine, but as soon as I did a high speed run (115) the engine light came on. If you take it somewhat easy you should be fine. At high rpms the computer is looking for changes from the 02 sensor, when the are none it will throw a code. Once I put the sensor back in it went away. 
I had to make my own adapter, I couldn't wait.
bf3ac8c31715402f470f6b254666fa80.jpg
how did you do this? what exact parts did you use?

"Shoot? I'm a hippie. The only thing I've shot is acid. I heard of a dude snorted it once. Thought his nose was a kangaroo and the moon was a dog! WOOH!" - The Truth (GTA San Andreas)

Thanks Ryan. I found a plug and got to take it for a short spin and didn't see any problems. Low speeds only though like you said.

Truth, yeah Dillon said some had it and some didn't. Theirs didn't. He had Akra on the phone this morning and is having them shipped directly to us so if yours is missing hopefully they will be here soon.

I found them online and even had a buddy machine out the center of a bolt down to 12. It worked but he didn't use an 18mm bolt...lol.

Awesome, and are the instructions on here on how to install the ejk controller with pictures perhaps? Because i've had a Ride Scorpio security system installed by the stealership since i have no clue when it comes to wires and electrical stuff, the exhaust should be easy, but i'm concerned about the controller...

My goal is to be a mechanical and electrical guru of motorcycles by the time i turn 18 in Ocotber, so i can never have to go to another stealer-ship ever again. Also just did my first oil change by myself and it felt amazing. I loved the smell and the whole experience, it was quite divine actually. Definitely the highlight of my week.

@TheTruth I drilled a hole through a 18mm 02 plug then welded a 12mm nut onto that.

You do or don't
Then your dead.

To order a tail tidy click
One-off-fabrication.myshopify.com

@thetruth I drilled a hole through a 18mm 02 plug then welded a 12mm nut onto that.
Welp, you sir are one handy mofo. Outstanding.

Yeah i already gave that badboy a look, i mean so basically last thing i ever want to do is get a dealership to do it for me. So what im asking is if i study these instructions real hard, like basically can i get the job done by just unscrewing the seat and plugging some stuff in? Like i honestly gag when i see wires, super anxious about that stuff, but too damn broke to go back to the dealer and trust underpaid mechanics with my baby. I wish somebody like make a video or something for dummies haha 

• Premium Member

Installing the EJK on these bikes is fairly easy. Just be careful taking off the fairings and be gentle with the plastic clips.

• Premium Member
Yeah i already gave that badboy a look, i mean so basically last thing i ever want to do is get a dealership to do it for me. So what im asking is if i study these instructions real hard, like basically can i get the job done by just unscrewing the seat and plugging some stuff in? Like i honestly gag when i see wires, super anxious about that stuff, but too damn broke to go back to the dealer and trust underpaid mechanics with my baby. I wish somebody like make a video or something for dummies haha 

Installation of the EJK is very simple. I'll take pics later if you need. Basically you just remove the tank panels and move the tank out of the way. That's the hardest part. Then you can squeeze your hands in and disconnect the fuel injector harness (there's 2). Plug in the ejk, then plug the injector harness. Route the control module (I put mine under the passenger seat), dial in your settings, ride, profit.

Everything went braap.

• Premium Member
Givi screen, looks perfect to me. I'll review it after I ride today... 
10632593_737177909670201_218976272787488651_n.jpg?oh=fe92b5592b22e92da3e01b38e0af8a52&oe=552038CD

Nice, I've been looking for a windscreen. I like the look of this one. Can't wait to hear your review! 
  • Like 2

Instagram: @meekmade | You don't need to flat foot a bike to ride it.

(I'm 5'09" for reference) First off, the screen does look good on the bike, very well integrated into the shape of the bikes front end. I did a variety of speeds with cross,head winds and found it quite beneficial. The wind is directed to my upper chest and the extended side areas flow the wind just around my hips. It is no touring screen at 70mph but it will make a 2-3 hr slab ride more bearable. At backroad speeds it is very comfortable and does not produce any bad turbulence at either high or low speeds.
I stood up a few times at different speeds and descended into the screens "zone" finding no difference in noise generated around my helmet which is a big plus. Givi got it right imho. Good looks and functional design.

• Like 1

• Premium Member
crazycracka501
(I'm 5'09" for reference) First off, the screen does look good on the bike, very well integrated into the shape of the bikes front end. I did a variety of speeds with cross,head winds and found it quite beneficial. The wind is directed to my upper chest and the extended side areas flow the wind just around my hips. It is no touring screen at 70mph but it will make a 2-3 hr slab ride more bearable. At backroad speeds it is very comfortable and does not produce any bad turbulence at either high or low speeds. I stood up a few times at different speeds and descended into the screens "zone" finding no difference in noise generated around my helmet which is a big plus. Givi got it right imho. Good looks and functional design.
Thank you for the review, That is my favorite screen so far.  Could you post a link where you bought it?

Make it stop!....Now make it go faster!

i paid my skin tithe to the asphalt gods today.. 30 yrds from my mailbox and after 100 mile ride....
luckily just a few scrapes and ill be sore in the morning for sure
scratched front brake, bent but functional rear brake, scratched side intake right over yamaha forks ,thats about it . picked it up did around the block test ride everything seems ok .

:(

(I'm 5'09" for reference) First off, the screen does look good on the bike, very well integrated into the shape of the bikes front end. I did a variety of speeds with cross,head winds and found it quite beneficial. The wind is directed to my upper chest and the extended side areas flow the wind just around my hips. It is no touring screen at 70mph but it will make a 2-3 hr slab ride more bearable. At backroad speeds it is very comfortable and does not produce any bad turbulence at either high or low speeds. I stood up a few times at different speeds and descended into the screens "zone" finding no difference in noise generated around my helmet which is a big plus. Givi got it right imho. Good looks and functional design.
Thank you for the review, That is my favorite screen so far.  Could you post a link where you bought it?
Revzilla.com

• Premium Member
hippiebikerchick
  • Like 1

Illegitimi non carborundum

Would you recommend those even with the high price?

Finally got a motorcycle stand.  http://www.harborfreight.com/motorcycle-swingarm-rear-stand-65620.html

Rated for 1000 lbs .. looks welded better than their previous model.  Best $29 I spent.  Got one for my son too.

Weather in the NE cooperated so squeezed in a quick 8 mile ride.  All I had time for, but at least got the bikes juices flowing.