The MT-07 Forum

What did you do to your Yamaha FZ-07 today?

Cruizin

7 hours ago, shinyribs said:

Those are round discs of 3M Duallock. Very nice stuff that works outdoors better than typical velcro.

617vSbktRPL._SL1500_.jpg

3M-dual-lock-velcro-2T.jpg?1462357496

Awe! I see it better now, nice! I actually ordered one in the fluorescent green right after I first saw them. They's cheap/look good!

• Like 1

Beemer

3 minutes ago, mick97702 said:

Biggest HP gain I've gotten yet! 😂🤣

MVIMG_20190414_153236-2268x3024.jpg

MVIMG_20190414_153236_crop_320x604.jpg

WTF?! I thought bikes were females! You had to go and ruin it! Wait, maybe bikes can switch their genders??? We must tread lightly, lol!

• Haha 1

Beemer

• Global Moderator
20 hours ago, tavisb said:

Amazon.com. I'd post a link but I don't think it's listed anymore. 

not sure if its the same one linked, but i ordered it. 
tired of my lens getting scratched by keys

• Like 2

ATGATT... ATTATT, two acronyms I live by.

On 4/11/2019 at 9:44 AM, cyow5 said:

This is actually true of most insurance; they just keep that very, very quiet.

Mine, however, is not one of them.  Can't even only get a six month policy.

Thus, I ride all year round... as long as there's no snow on the road.  After only two years, my plan is down to $840/yr for some pretty high-end stuff (required for my umbrella coverage), so I cannot wait to see what it would be after five years.

18 hours ago, Blitz6804 said:

Mine, however, is not one of them.  Can't even only get a six month policy.

Thus, I ride all year round... as long as there's no snow on the road.  After only two years, my plan is down to $840/yr for some pretty high-end stuff (required for my umbrella coverage), so I cannot wait to see what it would be after five years.

I have a 12 month policy; they just refund or bill the prorated effect of any changes. So when I took it off storage, I had to pay something like $300 for the increased amount through July, but they gave me a couple hundred more in December when I went on storage insurance. 

phanomenal07

So today I decided to adjust my chain slack and in the process try to do the alignment as well with the motion pro tool. After failing many times to get it perfectly straight I accidentally stepped on the tool and bent the rod. So now I have no idea how misaligned my rear tire is yay me. Still gonna ride it until a new tool come tho. Wish me luck

imherefortheride

Went from the Corbin seat to stock and the wife likes stock better. Says she feels more connected to the bike compared to sitting "on" it from the increased Corbin seat height. Also bought her a Kreiga US10 to attach to the pillion. Might start looking for a US20! 

Well I decided to upgrade the brake pads.  I ordered the pads from Amazon.  EBC  HH sintered  for the front and Galfer Sintered for the rear. Front pads came first. Easy install after watching 37 U Tube videos.  Rear pads came 2nd. I took everything apart only to discover the OEM pads were damaged. 2 big gouges 1 on each pad. Opened the pad from Amazon only to find they shipped the wrong ones. Cleaned everything and reinstalled the OEM. Called Amazon and complained. They issued a refund and a credit. Ordered new pads and went ahead and decided to install new SS brake lines as well. Bike should be road ready by Thursday.

• Like 3

Liquidmetal

Joined the bar end mirror master race over the weekend.  Resisted getting bar end mirrors, thinking I would not like them.  Now that they are on the bike, I like them fine and they look so much better than the stockers.

Went with these from Amazon:  https://www.amazon.com/KEMIMOTO-Handlebar-Rearview-Motorcycle-Kawasaki/dp/B071S21FV8

They fit the factory bar ends perfectly using the thinnest of the 3 provided shims/spacers.  Install was quick and painless.

Opportunity is missed by most people because it is dressed in overalls and looks like work.

46 minutes ago, Liquidmetal said:

Joined the bar end mirror master race over the weekend.  Resisted getting bar end mirrors, thinking I would not like them.  Now that they are on the bike, I like them fine and they look so much better than the stockers.

Went with these from Amazon:  https://www.amazon.com/KEMIMOTO-Handlebar-Rearview-Motorcycle-Kawasaki/dp/B071S21FV8

They fit the factory bar ends perfectly using the thinnest of the 3 provided shims/spacers.  Install was quick and painless.

Welcome to the master race, young frywalker! You are officially at snob level 1. 😉

• Like 1

Beemer

njdevils1990

19,000 miles now, and plan to put another 1,000 miles on the bike by this weekend to bring it up to 20,000 miles.

2003 Buell XB9R (2011-2011) Crashed
2009 Buell 1125CR (2011-2013) Sold
2015 Yamaha FZ-07 (2014-?) Current

308144.png

17 hours ago, djfz07 said:

Can't leave anything alone lol

jwheadlight.thumb.jpg.06c4259850c5f26dc81964631c1f15dc.jpg

This looks awesome.  What do you have going on here? Sorry if I missed it elsewhere. 

44 minutes ago, shinyribs said:

This looks awesome.  What do you have going on here? Sorry if I missed it elsewhere. 

Just a little project I decided to do.  Originally had the JW Speaker Adaptive light in a bucket with Motodemic brackets but decided I liked the look of the stock headlight better.  Then it was hard for me to go back to stock headlight performance after experiencing the adaptive light so I just put 2 and 2 together lol.

Finishing up a few small details now but I'll post up completed pics when it's all done.

• Like 3

Took it in for annual service. Replacing front tyre after 9,000 miles. Borrowed a '19' MT-07 to get me home and back. Compared with mine, the suspension is better, the seat more comfortable, looks prettier (red wheels). My wife says: "Don't you get any ideas...!!!"....😕

• Haha 3

Just do it! 

2 hours ago, Beemer said:

What red wheels? Pic?

Sorry, the bike was only borrowed and has gone back. But here are red wheels:

• Like 2

Just do it! 

Found a couple of thick drops of oil sitting under the bike. Took a closer look underneath and there was a sticky trail running up to the front sprocket...

ZLjA2Sph.jpg
IMGUR.COM

Post with 0 views.

I removed the front sprocket cover and there was a heap of gunk in there - a mix of old chain lube, dirt and even some stone chips off the road. No idea how long it had been growing in there, but it was spattered all over the show. There were a few chunks that were about a teaspoons worth each, thick like peanut butter. Pretty nasty. Gave it all a good clean and re-lubed the chain (making sure to be more careful to dry off any excess, which I'm guessing is where this started). Think I'll remove the sprocket cover for the next couple of lubes just to keep an eye on it.

I think I'll switch to a different lube as well. The one I have goes on clear and is hard to tell when it's coated, so I always end up over-covering the chain.

• Like 1

Liquidmetal

Took my Ermax windscreen off and put my MRA Double Bubble windscreen back on.  They both offer the same amount of protection and I like the looks of the MRA better, so MRA it is.

After putting it off for too long, I ordered a 17 tooth front sprocket for the FZ today (Vortex).  Gonna drop the RPMs a little bit on the expressway for those commutes to work.

Opportunity is missed by most people because it is dressed in overalls and looks like work.

Typical spring time go-through. Brake fluid flush, check steering bearings and new fork oil. Ended up needing new tires, so did this all together. Sidenote, my last pair of tires were a S21 rear + Pilot Power 3 front. I loved those tires, but the PP#3is no more. So I just went with S21's front and rear and ...woah...what a fantastic handing pair of tires. 

Wu6PA51l.jpg

YHENa4yl.jpg

Finally got around to riveting some anchor straps to the Corbin seat.

N5EaAKKl.jpg

So I can use my Knock Kreiga I made. 😁 Had some vinyl left over from another project. Bought some lashing and fittings from the local ski shop. Sewed the main part of the bag together, but decided to bolt all the straps and hardware on with Chicago screws. If a clip fails, or a strap frays, it will be easy to unscrew and replace- especially away form home. Got about $16 in this bag.

HKPeaOZl.jpg

Shown here holding two 1 gallon milk jugs. 

gjzMPECl.jpg

While it isn't invisible when not in use, it tucks away pretty nicely. It's vinyl, so it won't leak. I'll turn it inside out and coat the seams to make it fully waterproof.
Need more black screws for the straps and may also powdercoat the hooks black to help them hide. It ain't no Kreiga, but it'll do!

PSRZ1Yal.jpg

• Like 8

@shinyribs   I tried the Battlax S21's the first set of new tires and I loved them, very grippy, felt awesome but I wish they wore better in the center.

Beemer