The MT-07 Forum

What did you do to your Yamaha FZ-07 today?

Cruizin

Excellent .. I used a wire mesh waste basket, did the same thing and determined the holes were too small.  The bike ran a lot warmer.  Have you tested yours?  Looks like I'll be going to Lowes tomorrow.  I consider this an essential mod and I need to keep it on the cheap.

Well, where do I start. Before or after going for a LONG ride? OK, before the ride, I installed my Gorilla alarm I am carrying from bike to bike, so if you are looking at the model number, its probably not being made anymore, but it still works great.

http://i1370.photobucket.com/albums/ag272/arnau11/IMG_1061_zps6266b6c7.jpg

Then, after the ride, I made a radiator guard out of a screen I found at Lowes this morning, $25.

And here is what my 2 hours of very hard work (rofl) look like

http://i1370.photobucket.com/albums/ag272/arnau11/IMG_1075_zps9ed6c0ed.jpg

• Like 1

Have you tested yours?  Looks like I'll be going to Lowes tomorrow.  I consider this an essential mod and I need to keep it on the cheap.
I agree, it is a very necessary mod but I haven't tasted it. I believe the holes are wide enough to cool the radiator, but small enough to keep large possums and deers out of my radiator :-/ 
  • Like 1

rubberbandman72

Rode my new FZ home from the dealer yesterday. Put it in the garage and without hesitation proceeded to remove the reflectors from the front on fork and the sticker fron the fuel tank. Removed the rear passender foot pegs and relocated rear brake fluid reservoir with a small bracket I fabled up. Yoshimura fender eliminator on order. I like the red paint but strongly considering a color change this winter. After searching some old racing photos a vintage Yamaha racing yellow with black and white "block" style graphic is sounding really good to me.

• Like 3

My original post:  http://fz07.org/post/8592

Have you tested yours?  Looks like I'll be going to Lowes tomorrow.  I consider this an essential mod and I need to keep it on the cheap.
I agree, it is a very necessary mod but I haven't tasted it. I believe the holes are wide enough to cool the radiator, but small enough to keep large possums and deers out of my radiator :-/

Yesterday was a nice treat. Maryland had wonderful riding weather for November, as it was sunny and in the 60s. Went for a ride with my brother and I pulled my first wheelie in 2nd gear on an empty country road.

After searching some old racing photos a vintage Yamaha racing yellow with black and white "block" style graphic is sounding really good to me.
For me, the racing colors for Yamaha isn't blue. It's yellow and black. There's a hint for my age. ::) 
I'd love to see a FZ-07 with these colors.

past bikes: WR250X, KLR650, V-Strom 1000, DR650, FZ-6, SV650S, Seca II, GS400S, Seca 750, YZ80.

After searching some old racing photos a vintage Yamaha racing yellow with black and white "block" style graphic is sounding really good to me.
For me, the racing colors for Yamaha isn't blue. It's yellow and black. There's a hint for my age. ::) 
I'd love to see a FZ-07 with these colors.

2016 Yellow is in the line up.  That would be my choice too.

Guest August BB

Rode in 34 degrees (f) with lightly icy/snowy roads today! Wooo! I don't think I want to do that again. I just really wanted to test out my new camera.

Rode in 34 degrees (f) with lightly icy/snowy roads today! Wooo! I don't think I want to do that again. I just really wanted to test out my new camera.
How did the camera come out? 

Guest August BB
How did the camera come out?
http://youtu.be/rwIgEIAbp1g 
I just slapped that together with some very horrible editing down to 6 minutes.  Nothing special about the vid.  No talking.  Camera isn't setup for vlogging, so all you hear is wind noise.  Riding slow because of the road conditions.  And I have to adjust the angle of the camera- its pointing down too low.

Loud squeal at the end is my garage door, not my brakes.

• Like 1

Installed Barkbusters Blizzard handguards and Oxford Hot Hands heated over grips in the hopes of keeping my hands warm in the winter.  The Blizzards (and Storm) require an FZ-07/FZ-09 specific adapter for a few dollars more in case anyone is considering either.  Installation was pretty straight forward, and I spent the most amount of time routing and tidying up the wires.  Added a lead for a battery tender, as well, while I had the seat off and battery unscrewed.  I estimate it would take less than five minutes to remove everything (minus the lead to the battery for the over grips).  Definitely not the most aesthetically pleasing setup, but the handguards cover a lot of my hands and don't seem to obstruct anything.  I'll test the setup out tomorrow morning in 40 degree temps and see how well it works.

20141202_214723.jpg

20141202_214824.jpg

20141202_214813.jpg

• Like 3

• Premium Member
Installed Barkbusters Blizzard handguards and Oxford Hot Hands heated over grips in the hopes of keeping my hands warm in the winter.  The Blizzards (and Storm) require an FZ-07/FZ-09 specific adapter for a few dollars more in case anyone is considering either.  Installation was pretty straight forward, and I spent the most amount of time routing and tidying up the wires.  Added a lead for a battery tender, as well, while I had the seat off and battery unscrewed.  I estimate it would take less than five minutes to remove everything (minus the lead to the battery for the over grips).  Definitely not the most aesthetically pleasing setup, but the handguards cover a lot of my hands and don't seem to obstruct anything.  I'll test the setup out tomorrow morning in 40 degree temps and see how well it works.
Dedication right there. Very nice. I have winter gloves and have been out in low 40's, my hands are the first thing cold. 

20141202_214723.jpg

[span style=font-size:10pt]I've ridden in 20 degree weather with just the bark busters/regular "summer" gloves and a heated jacket liner and stayed toasty! Keeping that wind off the hands is key.[/span]

[video src=https://vimeo.com/113764770]
Installed strobe flashers. It's still illegal in my country (Turkey) but I have a switch to turn them off before cops notice since  I use those to push out the 4 wheeler violators while I'm going on the service lanein the traffic  :P

This is the way I stacked the hardware for my install.  I did use the thicker of the two outer spacers provided.

IMG_2191.jpg

IMG_2214.jpg

FJR1300A,Triumph S3,Ducati S2R1000
VisitedStatesMap2011.jpg 310820.png

• Global Moderator
[video src=https://vimeo.com/113764770] Installed strobe flashers. It's still illegal in my country (Turkey) but I have a switch to turn them off before cops notice since  I use those to push out the 4 wheeler violators while I'm going on the service lanein the traffic  :P
That will definitely get people's attention. I am pretty sure they would be illegal in the USA too. What headlight bulb do you have?  It looks a lot whiter than my stock one.  

• Premium Member
hippiebikerchick

Illegitimi non carborundum