The MT-07 Forum

What did you do to your Yamaha FZ-07 today?

Cruizin

17 hours ago, in7en7 said:

I've been debating grabbing this, but haven't found many reviews on how people like it.  Have some additional info to share?

As above, it's an expensive cosmetic pieces that adds flair to the overall bike. I like it but "not full retail price" like it.  Lol.  If I had paid full price for the lower cowl, I would've gotten a crash cage instead.  Installation was a breeze with the yoshi exhaust though

On 2/9/2020 at 10:25 PM, MrGym10 said:

Installed a TST fender eliminator, TST LED integrated taillight, LED relay, & LED license plate light tonight. Mirrors are next.

I did the same thing when I got my bike.  I just love the TST site and the videos they put together for the installation sold me.

• Premium Member

Installed Ohlins nix-22 cartridges: The picture below is OEM spring, pre-load tube,washer and fork cap. The black crap is the fork oil colour that came out, it was almost a graphite dark grey, 1,000 miles on that fork oil since I did the seals,bushings, complete fork re build really. I've no idea how it got that bad so fast!! Maxima 10 fork oil BTW.

C3C201FC-FFA7-4227-A5AC-AEA94B1E3DAD.jpeg

0046B3C6-46C6-4E25-8D35-0C1230713D7F.jpeg

0F8498FE-10F8-4144-AEA0-7220C159F1FC.jpeg

My trusty broom handle below with the clamps so I can stop it spinning with my feet. And of course the trusty boom-box. The blue bucket is my seat, as you can see I'm a high-end service department. LOL🤣

8FEB853A-0F9B-443D-962C-A243682B428C.jpeg

I only got the rebound fork done as I'm pissed off with Ohlins. It states that you have to make sure the rebound is all the way out before installing the cap. I tried with my 3mm hex T-handle and I got zero movement either direction, put the 14 mm on the pre load and the 3 mm in the rebound and it finally moved clockwise. I checked to see if it was the same on the comp and low and behold yes, jammed. I did the same procedure and it worked out. Damn the caps don't like to be touched by anything, I put a peice of t-shirt material over the fork cap for the 36 mm socket for correct torque settings after tightening by hand and it still left a mark. The black paint seems to mark very easily. All in all, it was a beautiful sound hearing the clicks in the rebound when setting it to recommended specs. After over a month of waiting to get these things from Sweden maybe the were fresh off the line!!

• Like 7

• Premium Member

Wooooo Hoooooooo 👍🏻

• Like 1

"Do not let this bad example influence you, follow only what is good" 

• Premium Member
23 minutes ago, fzar said:

Installed Ohlins nix-22 cartridges:

Congrats! You'll really appreciate the improvement. 👍

How did your damper rod bolt removal go? What technique did you use?

• Like 1

DewMan

Just shut up and ride.

• Premium Member
2 minutes ago, DewMan said:

How did your damper rod bolt removal go? What technique did you use?

Not bad I have done it before,. I tried the fastest way using the impact driver to loosen it first, no joy.

I knew I was taking the oem crap out anyway so, drain the fork oil, and the broom handle with clamps pictured in my post with the impact driver got it out easily. Body weight over the fork, go hell for leather on the impact, Joking. It was easy enough.

• Like 1

I have not touched the bike in almost a month as it sits torn apart and dusty in the workshop. Been letting shoulder heal up but might start to get back it again this next week. I want to get the white wheels assembled and tires on to see how they look 😎

Installed Gilles clutch and brake levers from Bellissimotos last sale. Much better clutch feel over OEM, imo.  Really quite a quality piece. While I was at it I also swapped out the OEM rear axle nut for for the Gilles version.  That's one less thing to worry about. Thanks again Bellissimoto.

resizes.jpg

• Like 1

I rode it, I actually got a fine day, got the bike out and went for a ride! I thought it would never happen. Although the dash got some sort of condensation going on 🙄

D7BF190B-9850-42BA-9921-DDBB4DA5E8ED.jpeg

785A5D23-6ED2-437B-9D54-05043FA8595C.jpeg

• Like 1

• Global Moderator

yeah, the dash doesnt seal from the factory... well it doesnt have a water vapor seal... and its rather annoying to deal with on cold/humid days or riding in the rain.

ATGATT... ATTATT, two acronyms I live by.

• 2 weeks later...

Recently purchased a leftover 2018 model that's been sitting n the showroom floor. Got the first upgrades in the bag. Motodynamics fender eliminator, MD integrated sequential tail light, MD relay, TST mech GTR front turn signals, and CRG shorty clutch and brake levers. Next ill probably go for bar ends mirrors, then full exhaust and 2WDW flash.  

20200307_0921511.jpg

20200307_0922341.jpg

20200307_0922581.jpg

• Like 2

Finally installed the Robem Link and got the 520 conversion done one handed. Link was a pain in the a**. Had to pull off rearsets that I put red lock tight on to get to everything. I suck as a mechanic and spent 6 hours to accomplish both things. Now time to find the band aids...

• Like 3

Black/Carbon with bright yellow accents always looks so good!  

On 2/24/2020 at 5:26 PM, 1tondriver said:

Spent a little time in the shop finally and got the tires re mounted and rotors and sprockets on the wheels. Had to do a lot of grinding of Powdercoat to get rotors to seat on wheels properly. Also did some troubleshooting on my quick shifter and all tests were good. I sent my ECU back to 2WDW for them to flash on my active tune and when I got it back and hooked It back up the quick shifter didn’t work. I suspect something didn’t happen as planned when the re flashed it for the 5th time but I emailed them today and I am confident they will rectify the situation. They really do care and I don’t have any doubts.

I still have to install brake lines, chain, Robem Link and other stuff I am forgetting  

So here is a sneak pick of the white wheels. More to come as my shoulder is sore as heck. 

B6B253D1-AB4C-484E-B7C8-3A04C360C40D.jpeg

B0EF5CD1-9D9D-415C-A876-943F610DED15.jpeg

723AE260-D4FF-44AC-9E6A-36021F44618A.jpeg

681AEC9B-0294-4C8C-80C3-0778C273E7C2.jpeg

Dude, what are these graphics on your bike?

On 2/12/2020 at 7:49 PM, fzar said:

Installed Ohlins nix-22 cartridges: The picture below is OEM spring, pre-load tube,washer and fork cap. The black crap is the fork oil colour that came out, it was almost a graphite dark grey, 1,000 miles on that fork oil since I did the seals,bushings, complete fork re build really. I've no idea how it got that bad so fast!! Maxima 10 fork oil BTW.

C3C201FC-FFA7-4227-A5AC-AEA94B1E3DAD.jpeg

0046B3C6-46C6-4E25-8D35-0C1230713D7F.jpeg

0F8498FE-10F8-4144-AEA0-7220C159F1FC.jpeg

My trusty broom handle below with the clamps so I can stop it spinning with my feet. And of course the trusty boom-box. The blue bucket is my seat, as you can see I'm a high-end service department. LOL🤣

8FEB853A-0F9B-443D-962C-A243682B428C.jpeg

I only got the rebound fork done as I'm pissed off with Ohlins. It states that you have to make sure the rebound is all the way out before installing the cap. I tried with my 3mm hex T-handle and I got zero movement either direction, put the 14 mm on the pre load and the 3 mm in the rebound and it finally moved clockwise. I checked to see if it was the same on the comp and low and behold yes, jammed. I did the same procedure and it worked out. Damn the caps don't like to be touched by anything, I put a peice of t-shirt material over the fork cap for the 36 mm socket for correct torque settings after tightening by hand and it still left a mark. The black paint seems to mark very easily. All in all, it was a beautiful sound hearing the clicks in the rebound when setting it to recommended specs. After over a month of waiting to get these things from Sweden maybe the were fresh off the line!!

Hey man, you had a chance to ride these forks much? Curious what your thoughts are. I need to do some research on these kits. 

9 hours ago, shinyribs said:

Dude, what are these graphics on your bike?

It’s Kryptek Vinyl. I was a lot of fun installing 🙄

• Like 2

8 hours ago, 1tondriver said:

It’s Kryptek Vinyl. I was a lot of fun installing 🙄

Haha I bet! Well, they look amazing. Really. I love how it's subtle yet impossible to miss. That's just damn cool. 

• Thanks 1

Finally got my black widow installed & ECU reflashed from 2WDW. I’m just waiting for a nice warm weather to test her out.

A6103CD7-0F44-4187-8F89-8D3A636AE2E9.thumb.jpeg.cfe1642ca6b17285235913910838042f.jpegEB4B34CB-4393-47FB-A2AC-CAEC278EF7A2.thumb.jpeg.a0f9d090275b6bc0b3961c5eb84a4183.jpeg

• Like 2

Your photo reminds what a great bike we have. Still not dated, and just enjoying a few tweaks with the latest version. Yamaha hit the cross point of the crosshairs with this one.

• Like 2

Just do it!