The MT-07 Forum

What did you do to your Yamaha FZ-07 today?

Cruizin

4 minutes ago, phanomenal07 said:

I thought they dont make the ttx for the fz?

Correct this is a one off custom

• Thanks 1

I removed all the plastics, gas tank and spark plugs so I can put new ones in Tues when they arrive. Also going to swap the rear shock with the K-Tech Razor R Lite and change fork oil with Bel Ray 15W and cut down the spacer 10mm (80% mod).  Which, by the way, I'm a little upset with our Vendors on this sight! I've been trying to get a hold of both pattonme, Forks By Matt and Bellissimoto to no avail. Tired of waiting for a response so just pulled the trigger on Revzilla 5 mins ago. I was hoping we could get a group buy going as there were at least 2 others interested. Oh well... next time! I hope everybody's safe and healthy.

• Global Moderator

@skawdee, pattonme has been AWOL for a while.  Suspension was not his main job and his other job was taking up all his time.  Bellissimoto is usually very responsive, but perhaps they are closed due to the current health crisis. 

I am curious how you like the ride after cutting the spacers.  It seems to be a rather contentious mod, but I have not heard a first hand report from someone who has done it. 

• Like 1

A week into lock down, can’t ride, can’t go to work... bored out of my mind so spent the day cleaning her up. Also stuck some tank protectors on that I’ve had for awhile but was undecided on but bit the bullet today and stuck em on. 

6116F76C-9C7C-40C4-8522-49BE34B11F73.jpeg

• Like 3

Haha yeh that’s probably due to 30 min cleaning the bike and 2 hours cleaning the wheels!

• Like 1

FZ07R WaNaB

Today my FZ got it's brake fluid changed front and back, as well a set of Spiegler SS lines being added to the front. I just got back from a 50 mile ride, and the difference is noticable to the point where I'm going to have to be a little careful stopping at stop lights and stop signs so that I don't get too much bite too quickly. I already had EBC HH pads in the front which made a real difference, and the Spieglers make it only better.

Edited by FZ07R WaNaB
  • Like 2

7 hours ago, mjh937 said:

@skawdee, pattonme has been AWOL for a while.  Suspension was not his main job and his other job was taking up all his time.  Bellissimoto is usually very responsive, but perhaps they are closed due to the current health crisis. 

I am curious how you like the ride after cutting the spacers.  It seems to be a rather contentious mod, but I have not heard a first hand report from someone who has done it. 

Gotcha... Yeah I had a feeling this virus was going to hurt a lot of businesses. It's unfortunate. We just need to try to make the best of it and try to find ways to take advantage of some opportunities we'd otherwise not have. 

I'll chime in again when I have everything put back together. Until then, you can actually try it out for yourself without having to cut your stock spacer. Just get 1" PVC with 5-8mm schedule. When cutting to your length, make sure you get all the flakes off the cut end. Don't leave it in there, but you're good to go for at least a decent ride to get the feel. Make a few of them at different length to see what you like compared to the stock spacer. 

2 hours ago, Bigturbomax said:

How long is the stock spacer?

I don't know the answer to that without diving into it and I haven't taken mine out yet to measure. But that info should be out there in the web somewhere. 

Still stuck with winter here in Canada... so switched up the dash color from blue to a green colorclusterz with their lcd flip. Wishing my bike was green to match haha 

DSC00009.thumb.jpg.91e83b738f980ad49ffdaed3812b0bc8.jpg

• Like 5

On 3/14/2020 at 4:28 PM, Bigturbomax said:

New color for frame covers and radiator guard. Will post what they look like on bike tomorrow. They were a gloss black before but after 2 years and 16,000 miles they needed a refresh and i was tired of black.

20200314_212632.jpg

What paint you use? 

• Like 1

On 3/26/2020 at 11:26 AM, 1tondriver said:

My quick shifter still isn’t working after troubleshooting everything ftecu suggested so ECU is back off to 2WDW to check firmware. Fingers crossed because I am pulling my hair out with this thing. 

Got an update from Nels at 2WDW regarding my quick shifter. For once it looks like I didn’t screw it up. 

“ I finished the Read process on it first thing this morning, and the quickshifter firmware was completely scrambled. I have no idea why this would be, as all of our files use the most updated quickshifter firmware from FTECU, but their software has not been very reliable recently with many of their new updates screwing up older features. We have updated the firmware and re-done the Read process to make sure no other pieces of the flash are corrupted. “

ECU should be back tomorrow so my fingers are crossed. Going to get it all back together and go for a ride. Thanks 2wheeldynoworks for saving a little of my sanity!

• Like 3

Decided that less than a month before our first race event was a good time to pull the motor, to do the update to the transmission, 

IMG_20200402_184605.jpg

with all the pandemic scare going on it is yet to be determined that our race organization will run in early may, so I could have more than a month...  

side covers, and oilpan off. 

IMG_20200402_210115.jpg

• Like 3

Just now, TenRacing said:

And I got the cases split, so when my parts arrive I can get right to work! 

Over achiever. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

43 minutes ago, mossrider said:

Over achiever. 

and underfunded.  I don't have a budget like those big name teams i.e. "blue line racing"

🤣🤣

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

• Premium Member
9 hours ago, TenRacing said:

Decided that less than a month before our first race event was a good time to pull the motor, to do the update to the transmission, 

IMG_20200402_184605.jpg

I like the sub-frame.

640 miles on the odometer. Today I knocked out the first oil change, 10w40 Yamalube and Yamaha oil filter. Also cleaned and lubed the chain while I was down there. 

• Like 1

FNGFZ07Rider
On 3/28/2020 at 11:59 PM, skawdee said:

I removed all the plastics, gas tank and spark plugs so I can put new ones in Tues when they arrive. Also going to swap the rear shock with the K-Tech Razor R Lite and change fork oil with Bel Ray 15W and cut down the spacer 10mm (80% mod).  Which, by the way, I'm a little upset with our Vendors on this sight! I've been trying to get a hold of both pattonme, Forks By Matt and Bellissimoto to no avail. Tired of waiting for a response so just pulled the trigger on Revzilla 5 mins ago. I was hoping we could get a group buy going as there were at least 2 others interested. Oh well... next time! I hope everybody's safe and healthy.

I pulled a trigger on the K Tech Razor R lite Sportbike Track Gear since I had some store credit to use.

I did the Dave Moss front fork fix last weekend, definitely made a difference in the dampening.  Front feels more planted.

Edited by FNGFZ07Rider
  • Like 1

• Premium Member
13 minutes ago, FNGFZ07Rider said:

I did the Dave Moss front fork fix last weekend, definitely made a difference in the dampening.  Front feels more planted.

Would that be a good or bad "difference"?

DewMan

Just shut up and ride.