The MT-07 Forum

What did you do to your Yamaha FZ-07 today?

Cruizin

FNGFZ07Rider
15 minutes ago, DewMan said:

Would that be a good or bad "difference"?

It’s a good difference.  Probably due to the new oil or heavier fork oil meant for my weight??.  The front is less soft.  Doesn’t dive all the way down when braking into a corner and stays put when loading the front. When hitting bumps it settle right away, instead of that so called pogo effect.  Overall it feels more planted, kid of reminds me of my old 390 Duke with the WP forks.   I’ve low sided this bike in a corner due to the front went under from me  (a dip into a incline to a corner).  I’ve taken that same corner at the same speed (10 mph) with this mod, I don’t feel the bike wandering anymore.  

One thing my old Duke had over this FZ was the stock suspension was very adequate and reliable.   I’m just trying to get the FZ to that level, I want to feel I don’t have to second guess myself when entering a familiar turn.   

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

On 4/1/2020 at 8:16 PM, 1tondriver said:

“I finished the Read process on it first thing this morning, and the quickshifter firmware was completely scrambled. I have no idea why this would be, as all of our files use the most updated quickshifter firmware from FTECU, but their software has not been very reliable recently with many of their new updates screwing up older features. We have updated the firmware and re-done the Read process to make sure no other pieces of the flash are corrupted. “

ECU should be back tomorrow so my fingers are crossed. Going to get it all back together and go for a ride. Thanks 2wheeldynoworks for saving a little of my sanity!

ECU showed up yesterday after touring the country. My ECU would be platinum frequent flyer it’s gone from coast to coast so many times. Anyway, installed and took for ride and “quick shift” from first to second, second to third, and then nothing. I can’t “quick shift” above third gear? I call 2WDW and Nate said he is going to check the “read” again. 
Ftecu is not scoring any points with me. I have had nothing but issues so far. Waiting to hear back from 2WDW but probably sending ECU back again. 🤬

• Sad 1

It remains cool for April, and the winter was wet, so I hoped to see a good wildflower crop at South Mountain today.  The few photos I took weren't worth posting - there were more buds than blooms and the best ocotillo were in places without a good place to park.  Maybe in a few more days.  No crowds at all.

I do love this bike.

On 4/4/2020 at 6:51 AM, 1tondriver said:

ECU showed up yesterday after touring the country. My ECU would be platinum frequent flyer it’s gone from coast to coast so many times. Anyway, installed and took for ride and “quick shift” from first to second, second to third, and then nothing. I can’t “quick shift” above third gear? I call 2WDW and Nate said he is going to check the “read” again. 
Ftecu is not scoring any points with me. I have had nothing but issues so far. Waiting to hear back from 2WDW but probably sending ECU back again. 🤬

I won’t keep sending my ECU back and forth to 2WDW anymore.  FTECU isn’t the problem...

1 hour ago, HulkHogan said:

I won’t keep sending my ECU back and forth to 2WDW anymore.  FTECU isn’t the problem...

Please message me with details if you don’t mind. 👍

18 hours ago, HulkHogan said:

I've got a bike side FTECU harness - I've flashed my ECU probably 10 times now without issue.

• Haha 1

15 minutes ago, IanC said:

I've got a bike side FTECU harness - I've flashed my ECU probably 10 times now without issue.

Haha!  Awesome!  And you bought the harness kit that came with the license, correct?  And you’re using the map that’s in the FTECU software?

19 hours ago, HulkHogan said:

Well 2WDW instructed me to contact Ftecu and send the push sensor in to be tested. I am not sure how it is the issue as nothing changed except me sending the ECU out again, but I sent it there anyway. Hopefully it is the issue and we will see. Will update when I hear something. 
Sucks that my bike is down (again...) when the weather is nice. 

1 hour ago, HulkHogan said:

Haha!  Awesome!  And you bought the harness kit that came with the license, correct?  And you’re using the map that’s in the FTECU software?

Yup.

I've flashed a few different maps - both their stock and unrestricted maps, as well as modifications I've made to either. Right now I'm running their stock map that I've tinkered with. All the maps have worked without any issues.

I got my new street shock today!  I’ll toss it on the bike tonight, but unfortunately it’s raining this week and also San Diego county is enforcing our Stay-At-Home order with citations now...

76B52595-1072-450E-8C08-16E8F72B105A.jpeg

• Like 3

• Premium Member
37 minutes ago, HulkHogan said:

I got my new street shock today!  I’ll toss it on the bike tonight, but unfortunately it’s raining this week and also San Diego county is enforcing our Stay-At-Home order with citations now...

Your going to have fun, when its time to ride.

• Like 1

On 4/7/2020 at 5:57 PM, HulkHogan said:

I just did replaced my rear shock last week and it feels amazing.

• Like 2

I finally put the oem motocage on the bike & took her for a little ride. 

5D436EB8-D07A-4B98-B400-25EAF3369E80.jpeg

• Like 3

• Premium Member

Finally wrapped my liquid grey in cosmic blue :)

Added flush mount turn signals, TST integrated tail light, and fender eliminator. 

bike3.png

bike1.png

bike2.png

• Like 8

Flushed my front and rear brake fluid since the bike has been on a showroom floor for 2 years. Installed an r6 throttle tube and some new grips as well today. Received my DNA stage 2 filter and air box lid. Put in the order today for my Two Bros S1r exhaust. Emailed 2wdw for some info on getting the ECU flash. Been a good day.

• Like 3

Today was a good day😁 I am a new MT07 owner just hit 600 miles and was able to do my check list oil,filter,chan ejustment,etc. But then I also did my shorty's windshield,short levers,bar end mirrors, and also plugged up my jbl audio speaker. Cheap windshield so I drilled a hole in it and bolted it up. Plastic washers and some rubber and and new location for stickers 👍🏾 would like to add pics but I dont know how too. If anyone does let me know👍🏾 hope everyone is safe out there.

• Like 3

12 hours ago, Taco420 said:

Today was a good day😁 I am a new MT07 owner just hit 600 miles and was able to do my check list oil,filter,chan ejustment,etc. But then I also did my shorty's windshield,short levers,bar end mirrors, and also plugged up my jbl audio speaker. Cheap windshield so I drilled a hole in it and bolted it up. Plastic washers and some rubber and and new location for stickers 👍🏾 would like to add pics but I dont know how too. If anyone does let me know👍🏾 hope everyone is safe out there.

There’s a “Click to choose files” button under the text box. You may need a certain amount of posts firsts. There is a thread for that lol

• Thanks 1

Received the goodies in the mail today! Sent off the ECU this morning to 2WDW. Gonna pop off the OEM exhaust and install the filter and lid tonight. Still waiting on new exhaust gaskets to show up though so I cant install the two bros tonight :( so stoked for this system though. These bikes are just way too quiet stock.

20200417_121932.jpg

Edited by iSmkGrnBud
  • Like 4

• Premium Member
1 hour ago, iSmkGrnBud said:

Received the goodies in the mail today! Sent off the ECU this morning to 2WDW. Gonna pop off the OEM exhaust and install the filter and lid tonight. Still waiting on new exhaust gaskets to show up though so I cant install the two bros tonight :( so stoked for this system though. These bikes are just way too quiet stock.

20200417_121932.jpg

Is that what came in the exhaust package? A spring puller? WTF! I'm calling Slovenia early tomorrow morning. 

Have fun.

My amazon wheel chock just came in. Don't really like this design too much. There's a lot of flex and its quite difficult getting it in and out but it really helps to open up some room in my garage. 

IMG_20200415_140359.jpg