The MT-07 Forum

What did you do to your Yamaha FZ-07 today?

Cruizin

Well I installed the Akrapovic Ti exhaust today. Sounds nice but I wish it was a little bit louder. Might get louder when she breaks in. I know it would be too loud if I removed the baffle. Tomorrow I get my comfort seat and then send out my ECU to 2WDW Monday to be flashed for the exhaust and snorkel removal. Going to be crappy here next week so the wait should not be too bad, LOL

IMG-0973.jpg

• Like 4

• Premium Member
2 hours ago, Devilman said:

Might get louder when she breaks in. 

Mine did. 👍

DewMan

Just shut up and ride.

On 5/8/2020 at 1:03 AM, vitaltears said:

Tried my new lens, & got her all pretty. 

D769C9EE-E255-4B0A-B8C9-CE8706422627.jpeg

B2E0A0D1-8EBD-4FCB-8544-E6DF0299EE96.jpeg

A41A025E-8491-4DF0-A196-7B4A3C212D75.jpeg

That's a very good looking bike, you got her all shined up and looking perty but why is there a haze over all your pics? I would check the white balance and other settings.

Beemer

vitaltears
3 hours ago, Beemer said:

That's a very good looking bike, you got her all shined up and looking perty but why is there a haze over all your pics? I would check the white balance and other settings.

Its the filter that I used for the shots after editing. I like the dark ominous look vs straight raw pictures. And thank you, I'm so ready for riding season.

• Like 1

Now I'm a sad panda. LOL. After a few days enjoying my new exhaust, I have removed and packaged my ECU to send to 2WDW for my first flash tomorrow. Can't wait to get it back so I can see them gains.💪😆 

On 5/8/2020 at 1:03 AM, vitaltears said:

Tried my new lens, & got her all pretty. 

D769C9EE-E255-4B0A-B8C9-CE8706422627.jpeg

B2E0A0D1-8EBD-4FCB-8544-E6DF0299EE96.jpeg

A41A025E-8491-4DF0-A196-7B4A3C212D75.jpeg

Looks great! Saw your post on Reddit 👍🏼

• Like 1

• Premium Member

I installed a set of Dunlop Q4's for track days, ( my second set of wheels) changed out the Q3+ ravaged rear tyre for another Q3+ for street use, I'm getting a lot better at changing tyres with the ould set of spoons.

I also changed the gear position sensor, I have no read on 4th. and 6th. gear for the last 10k miles. It doesn't really bother me at all as I'm aware of what gear I'm in, but when I noticed it first I took off the part with the dimple and cleaned it and a light sanding with really fine paper, it worked for about 100 miles then back to where I started. Rinse,repeat..... So I had a part order I needed filling and added the gear position sensor to get free shipping about a year ago. I had forgot I had it until I watched the weather over the weekend and had a week of rain forcasted ahead of me. After the tyre swap + balance, before installing it, I had to clean and lube the chain too, so while I looked at it I decided that the c/s cover was coming off and I'm going for a deep cleaning, ya know just for the satisfaction that it was done. I then remembered I had the gear position sensor as I had moved stuff around to make use of the new-ish tool chest. DO it I said to myself.

What a PITA. Removed the clutch cable holder, followed Haynes manual that suggests you just pop it off, NBD! Right! Not today buddy..... I figured it out and got it done. It took me a while, but I got there. I'll say this- If anyone needs a heads up on doing this for the first time, just ask me.

I felt like I was pissin against the wind for a while, and then I had the Eureka moment.

Satisfaction= 100%. 

3 hours ago, phanomenal07 said:

Added a new member to the famiry 

20200513_085536.jpg

NICE! The fastest bike I rode is my MT-07, I can't imagine what that can do. Never drove a sport bike before and I can't imagine the hike in insurance. LOL

Received my ECM from 2WDW today. I'm impressed, a lot smoother and more pick-up. They answered all my questions and the turn around was quick. Sent it out Monday and got it Friday. Other than cosmetics I'm running out of stuff to do. Very happy with the bike.

• Like 2

rushdewalt

During the last several weeks I had a little extra time , so I scoured Ebay for some deals and found a few that I finally got around to installing.  I found some NOS Sw-Motech 1" risers for $25 (for my old back), Woodcraft axle sliders front and rear new $70, Yamaha case protectors new $100( not the prettiest but they'll do), and finally a new pair of Rizoma street pegs $90. I previously had the pro pegs and I liked them fine, they were a little on the short side for longer trips, but they still felt better than the stock setup for spirited riding IMO. Also I removed the Gilles dash relocation bracket and reinstalled  the Stev74/Shapeways bracket. The Gilles unit would work great with lower bars or clip-ons but lays the speedo a little to flat to the stock bars with risers for my taste(visibility suffers somewhat).  I'm still looking for pumpkin replacements, just gotta find something that appeals to me.

20200517_105953-3.jpg

• Premium Member
39 minutes ago, rushdewalt said:

During the last several weeks I had a little extra time , so I scoured Ebay for some deals and found a few that I finally got around to installing.  I found some NOS Sw-Motech 1" risers for $25 (for my old back), Woodcraft axle sliders front and rear new $70, Yamaha case protectors new $100( not the prettiest but they'll do), and finally a new pair of Rizoma street pegs $90. I previously had the pro pegs and I liked them fine, they were a little on the short side for longer trips, but they still felt better than the stock setup for spirited riding IMO. Also I removed the Gilles dash relocation bracket and reinstalled  the Stev74/Shapeways bracket. The Gilles unit would work great with lower bars or clip-ons but lays the speedo a little to flat to the stock bars with risers for my taste(visibility suffers somewhat).  I'm still looking for pumpkin replacements, just gotta find something that appeals to me.

20200517_105953-3.jpg

Hmm do you have comparison pictures for the gilles dash relocatorm vs the shapeways? Interesting.

rushdewalt

resize3.thumb.jpg.356fb522dbeec5286e9bb6d5a2e26888.jpg

34 minutes ago, fzar said:

Hmm do you have comparison pictures for the gilles dash relocatorm vs the shapeways? Interesting.

small.resize2.jpg.88f6c7e7076ef5de9d79c0904012a958.jpg.1543b65112a5a2c1b51b36ceb8aa1a96.jpg

This is the only side shot of the Gilles that I have. Its a little hard to see  but it sits a little flatter and lower than the shape way bracket. It is a lot more obvious when you are looking down at it from the seat. 

Edited by rushdewalt
Added photo

Fitted some new daps today, pilot road 4’s. Only done about 15 miles but bike feels way lighter to lean over. Could be all in my head though 

C57268E6-E8A4-483A-9ADB-D64FDE1F4CBE.jpeg

Finally confinement is easing up and we’re allowed to cross one of our main bridges on weekends for pleasure. To the mountains we went. 
starting to think on changing the exhaust again. The Arrow is to aggressive for hard riding to the ears. 

6219F0EE-EEF9-4041-BB44-1D1B1975FAA3.jpeg

DCD8EEB3-F6FD-404A-9636-39865EA8981E.jpeg

09763E40-9DC1-40B1-BF58-42A33C8F51FA.jpeg

Edited by VEXX
Insert images
  • Like 1

1tondriver

Well I wiped it down after cleaning the garage and making a new spot for it while it rained all day on my one day off 🤬

• Sad 1

On 5/9/2020 at 1:43 AM, Devilman said:

Well I installed the Akrapovic Ti exhaust today. Sounds nice but I wish it was a little bit louder. Might get louder when she breaks in. I know it would be too loud if I removed the baffle. Tomorrow I get my comfort seat and then send out my ECU to 2WDW Monday to be flashed for the exhaust and snorkel removal. Going to be crappy here next week so the wait should not be too bad, LOL

IMG-0973.jpg

It's a lot louder with the baffle out! 

COPy.jpg

• Like 2

Installed RapidBike module and quickshifter! Can't wait to take it out and get some miles on it.

Who doesn't like overkill right? ;)

• Like 1

1 hour ago, mtyamyam said:

It's a lot louder with the baffle out! 

COPy.jpg

I wish I had someone around with the baffle out. I like to hear it in person. My Two Brothers on my Rebel 500 gets a little annoying after a while and I'm afraid that taking out the baffle would be that way on my MT-07. I've heard removing and reinstalling the baffle is a PITA. 

It was a pain to take out. We removed the exhaust to get to it easier and then drilled where the spot weld was. Once the spot weld is drilled out its just a case of wiggling it with some mole grips until it comes out. I've never looked back or even considered putting baffle back in as I love the way it sounds now. Pops and bangs too!

@Devilman

Edited by mtyamyam
forgot to quote

1tondriver
56 minutes ago, ludedude said:

Installed RapidBike module and quickshifter! Can't wait to take it out and get some miles on it.

Who doesn't like overkill right? ;)

You will love it. I was a naysayer and then decided to get a quick shifter. Puts a smile on my face every time I ride. Enjoy 👍

• Like 1

Installed wheel stickers and radiator guard.

Still waiting on some stuff from TST like tail light, front blinkers and crg handlebar mirrors.

86A3EE45-4793-4A2B-80FC-8FE300D7AD43.jpeg

• Like 2

Installed my integrated TST smoked tail light, TST Mech GTR front signals, and Womet-TECH EVOS shorty levers today. The only thing left is the Evotech radiator guard (which has been out of stock for a month) and that's about it. Will upgrade tires when stock is worn and upgrade to a 520 chain and sprocket when the stock chain is worn (which will be way down the road). That's about it. Might sell my CRG RC2 standard levers later for $120 together plus shipping (two months old) if I like the shortys and my TST brake modulator for $20 plus shipping. Went from a Rebel 500 to a MT-07 and I love it. Definitely going to keep her for a few years.😀 

IMG-0985.jpg

• Like 2