The MT-07 Forum

What did you do to your Yamaha FZ-07 today?

Cruizin

• Global Moderator
1 hour ago, phanomenal07 said:

Not sure yet. I wanna get the most power out of it but I'm not sure if it needs that or just taller gearing. It hits redline in 6 really quick

What speed do you get at redline in sixth?  Of course I realize that you did it on a closed course, I am sure you are not breaking any traffic laws...

phanomenal07
54 minutes ago, mjh937 said:

What speed do you get at redline in sixth?  Of course I realize that you did it on a closed course, I am sure you are not breaking any traffic laws...

Exactly 160 on the speedo. 

• Like 1

• Premium Member
On 1/19/2020 at 5:09 PM, phanomenal07 said:

It was a pain but once I accepted the fact that the airbox inlet was rubber and the throttle body was metal I was able to just tilt the throttle body up with some muscle. Then removing the intake manifold was a breeze and the airbox just slide right out once you unplug all the connectors from the throttle body

More patience than myself, I cut mine into pieces. The Hord filter is a very nice addition IMO.  I should note Hord did offer a tuned map for the PowerCommander V.

Crush your enemies. See them driven before you. Hear the lamentations of their women.          Fuss Life.

• Premium Member
On 6/22/2020 at 10:14 AM, rushdewalt said:

Those look great. I've been looking at this style mirrors for my bike. How's the rear vision vs. stock?

Very nice! I have the same style only by Rizoma. Outstanding quality and function, worth every penny.

Crush your enemies. See them driven before you. Hear the lamentations of their women.          Fuss Life.

Installed a Renthal Ultra Low bar (758). I’m really liking it. The bike feels more stable/planted, my shoulders are more relaxed, weight is slightly more forward, and turning feels more natural. The rise, sweep, and extra width feel great to me at 5’7”. 

4B787DD1-90EC-4270-A559-1D7980302230.jpeg

B002475F-76C6-46C0-ABE0-68DC9FFF8F8B.jpeg

1D13B868-F794-4414-A7C7-96DD325F637D.jpeg

70B2AF20-4803-4B41-B679-F0A818D76361.jpeg

• Like 4

Instagram: @jayparrington 

• 3 weeks later...

I bought it 🤑 2018, lotsa good mods and only ~2200 miles  

3D62947E-7F1B-4D0A-B478-52D0290820BD.jpeg

Edited by Two-rocks
  • Like 8

Installed some cheap pegs. 

18CA1416-CD57-432B-8ECB-066C9B5F4F07.jpeg

75CE0834-5EC6-42D2-BE6B-7C437806E46D.jpeg

D3B5169A-19D8-4E25-941D-BE2488A98A81.jpeg

Edited by JayMT07

Instagram: @jayparrington 

• Premium Member

Bought some Racer 'Sprint' gloves, 'Grip Puppies', 'Dri-slide' cable lube and  'SW-Motech' centre stand which looks super convenient for maintenance and most importantly@Beemerhas one and I was feeling left out.

Id read a post about the centre stand digging into after market exhausts like the Yoshi R77 so thanks goes to some members who created the solution of adding a bit of rubber hose and if necessary grinding down the foot a little. Thanks for those precious exhaust can saving tips.

• Like 3

• 2 weeks later...

Snapped my fender delete. No idea how it happened, felt a shudder and heard a bang which turned out to be the license plate hitting the back wheel at 60mph

2C926046-5B21-47C7-BE71-B2475515F7E2.jpeg

• Sad 1

• Premium Member
8 hours ago, Jord said:

Snapped my fender delete. No idea how it happened, felt a shudder and heard a bang which turned out to be the license plate hitting the back wheel at 60mph

What brand of fender delete is this?

DewMan

Just shut up and ride.

It was an unbranded eBay one, seemed strong enough and has been on the bike for nearly 3000 miles so really confused as to how it happened. 

you get what you pay for though I suppose. 

• Like 1

• Global Moderator
7 minutes ago, Jord said:

It was an unbranded eBay one, seemed strong enough and has been on the bike for nearly 3000 miles so really confused as to how it happened. 

you get what you pay for though I suppose. 

it possible a rock or something got kicked up and busted it?

ATGATT... ATTATT, two acronyms I live by.

19 hours ago, sorkyah said:

it possible a rock or something got kicked up and busted it?

Yes it’s possible I suppose but I didn’t see anything on the road, would of had to be a big rock. I’m thinking all the constant wobble up and down when riding just weakened it over time until it just gave up. 

Rode it, haha. I just picked up a new summer jacket and wanted to test it out. It was a 100°F today so I was damp after a bit but it was bearable for sure.

phanomenal07

Completed my 4th track day this year on the fz7. And right after that I bought a Daytona 675R. Yay me 😁

20200801_082951.jpg

• Like 4

• Global Moderator

I took her for a ride on a truck.  My AMA membership paid for itself, the roadside assistance was great. 

D15A49B5-F44B-4A17-A35F-BFAB6E401413.jpeg

phanomenal07
11 minutes ago, mjh937 said:

I took her for a ride on a truck.  My AMA membership paid for itself, the roadside assistance was great. 

D15A49B5-F44B-4A17-A35F-BFAB6E401413.jpeg

Why the tow?

• Global Moderator
23 minutes ago, phanomenal07 said:

Why the tow?

Flat rear tire.  I had a piece of metal get stuck in it.  Fortunately I had stopped to send a text and the pressure sensor alerted me that the psi was 15, then 11, then 0.  Fortunately it did not happen any earlier as I was on a fun windy road at the time.  

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

• Premium Member
2 hours ago, mjh937 said:

Flat rear tire.  I had a piece of metal get stuck in it.  Fortunately I had stopped to send a text and the pressure sensor alerted me that the psi was 15, then 11, then 0.  Fortunately it did not happen any earlier as I was on a fun windy road at the time.  

Yikes, lucky text! I picked up a "Stop and Go" repair kit, its ultra compact and has all you need to (hopefully) get rolling again. Always comes along in my tailbag.

• Premium Member
On 7/25/2020 at 2:55 PM, phanomenal07 said:

Today I looked at them for awhile 😁

Love the look of the 10's. Nice collection!

• Thanks 1

• Global Moderator

Installed my 520 chain and sprocket (as well as a Gilles wheel nut) I got from @bellissimoto and after a master link riveting mistake that I managed to fix went for a test ride.  I had my wheel off to get a new tire installed after I got a flat so it was the perfect time to do the chain. 

4CB6251C-5856-453C-B808-8F88707435EA.jpeg

• Like 5

On 8/1/2020 at 8:32 AM, mjh937 said:

What sensor setup do you have and I suppose you like it?  Been thinking of getting one myself for a while, but unsure of which to get.

• Global Moderator
6 hours ago, Zephyr said:

What sensor setup do you have and I suppose you like it?  Been thinking of getting one myself for a while, but unsure of which to get.

I have the Fobo sensors.  I got a warning on my watch when the tire was at 15 psi on its way to 0.  It is also nice to just open the app to check pressures before a ride.  I have been happy with them, especially now that they saved me from riding until the pressure went to zero. 

• Thanks 1