The MT-07 Forum

What did you do to your Yamaha FZ-07 today?

Cruizin

• Global Moderator

I see people take the inevitable pain in life and they resist it, turning pain into suffering (in a different context).

You are a screen door fzar, you let the wind blow right through you without resisting. You will never suffer with a positive attitude like that.

Good to know you're ok

• Like 1

Finally pulled the trigger and installed 1 inch bar risers and also put on Pro Grips. Haven't been able to ride because of weather but later today it is going to get better so I can see how I like them.

• Global Moderator
8 hours ago, Devilman said:

and also put on Pro Grips

Did you get the "714 dual sport" grips (they used to be called "Rally" grips but Pro Grip re-named them, but part number is still the same).

I put a set on yesterday and road tested today, but it was first cold day in Houston so I wore diff (full finger) gloves. I don't know if they are better till I get a ride in with my summer fingerless mitts 

Edited by Pursuvant
Added "714" model no

Just took off the Ohlins STX46 rear shock I had on the bike for less than a hundred miles before my wife decided she wanted the MT07...

Probably going to be listing it for sale soon.  The shock, not the bike.  Wife would shoot me.

• Premium Member
4 minutes ago, watarski said:

Just took off the Ohlins STX46 rear shock I had on the bike for less than a hundred miles before my wife decided she wanted the MT07...

Probably going to be listing it for sale soon.  The shock, not the bike.  Wife would shoot me.

For a second I though maybe you were selling your wife.  She'd REALLY not like that. 😁

DewMan

Just shut up and ride.

2 hours ago, DewMan said:

For a second I though maybe you were selling your wife.  She'd REALLY not like that. 😁

Ha!  She has her moments...

• 2 weeks later...

Last week the bike turned 20k. Did everything myself except spark plugs and synchronising the throttle bodies. 
picked it yesterday from the workshop where I had those things done and immediately after I swapped the oem air filter lid for a more recent year that a friend borrowed. 
I’m astonished... was it the plugs, the lid, the sync?... it pulls harder and faster. It’s more agressive. this really is one good engine!

EAE219FB-3658-466A-A31E-7E3ED5D6F454.jpeg

• Premium Member
8 hours ago, VEXX said:

Last week the bike turned 20k. Did everything myself except spark plugs and synchronising the throttle bodies. 
picked it yesterday from the workshop where I had those things done and immediately after I swapped the oem air filter lid for a more recent year that a friend borrowed. 
I’m astonished... was it the plugs, the lid, the sync?... it pulls harder and faster. It’s more agressive. this really is one good engine!

EAE219FB-3658-466A-A31E-7E3ED5D6F454.jpeg

I recognise 1 but not the other what bike did the 1 on the left get pulled from?

• Premium Member
3 hours ago, fzar said:

I recognise 1 but not the other what bike did the 1 on the left get pulled from?

A European MT-07 model from the looks of it. Their setup is different to meet Euro standards. 

DewMan

Just shut up and ride.

4 hours ago, DewMan said:

A European MT-07 model from the looks of it. Their setup is different to meet Euro standards. 

Right you are. An euro spec race blue 2016. The strange thing is that from 2017 they changed to the one on the right and it still remained a gen 1 mt07. 

• Like 1

• 3 months later...

Over the last couple weeks I made some changes.  Replaced the levers. Someone knocked my bike over in a parking lot many months ago and broke the clutch lever .  Lever still worked, just had a couple inches broken off.   New levers are short style and made a huge difference in not popping a wheelie accidentally on take off.  They're awesome, thought they'd just look different, no idea they would function different.  Put a rear mud guard on the tire.  I did the tail tidy previously.  It doesn't rain here often, but I was getting soaked from the rear tire spray when it did.  Removed the rear pegs, relocated the brake fluid reservoir using existing parts.  Been wanting to do that since I got the bike in 2018 but didn't like the brackets sold that have the reservoir sit out in the open.  Watched a youtube video of someone who did it for free and thought it was genius.  Removed and refinished the stock exhaust - wire brush, sand paper, high temp primer and paint - did that today.  The stock bare metal exhaust looked out of place with most everything else black.  I'm gonna look into a cheap slip on to replace the stock tip.  If I can't find one maybe I'll paint that part too.

FZ07 before.JPG

FZ07 after.JPG

fz07 painted cover.JPG

Edited by RacerXSD
added picture
  • Like 2

7 hours ago, 7fold said:

That ice fluo color combination is probably my favorite on the MT's - I'm jealous haha. 

Haha thank you man 😋

6 hours ago, robbo10 said:

Me jealous too. Well done.

Lool thanks 😀

I created some kind of reversed ice fluo this winter. In the next week I will replace the licence plate holder by a shorter one and then we are ready for the spring  :D

PXL_20210120_153424160.thumb.jpg.c5af7a367b9685e5ac34f162a1837232.jpg

Edited by ElGonzales
  • Like 2

It's 2 degrees F here today with a -10 degree windchill, so I put in my my lcd flip + red color screen. I like the red cause I think it looks more "racey"

IMG_0345.jpg

• Like 3

Threw my OEM R6 throttle tube on today, throttle definitely feels snappier and more responsive now. Can't wait for all the snow to melt so I can actually go try it out on the road. Chain and sprockets are next, should be able to do them this next week. 

• Like 1

Finished the 1000KM service, next one is at 6000KM or 6 months (whichever occurs first). Also installed the Nelson Rigg Commuter Lite Tail Bag and went out for a bag of groceries. I've got to say the bike is more useful now. Here are some pics :) 

413617169_NelsonRiggCommuteLite.thumb.jpeg.f699df1bf09783f2d7fc709eee5244c2.jpeg

1605865517_NelsonRiggBag.thumb.jpeg.a8b36ffd6d834512ac8dd939968c56e5.jpeg

Edited by Qays
  • Like 2

Since the 20th of december that my MT has been stopped due to the impounding of the title, so little by little I've been cleaning some things up.

The title was caught because the law in my country suddenly changed and my OEM accesory short licence  plate holder was not legal anymore... That and my akrapovic with cat but not the dbkiller was illegal...

Back to stock... ish... it goes while I wait for an inspection that will take several months to come and a minute to go.

Sold the Titanium / carbon exhaust (the dbkiller was a pain to take out and a bigger pain to go in) and while I waited another titanium akra popped up. So cleansed that and couldn't resist in putting it on. new sticker ordered.

It will have to be replaced for the inspection but a CP2 engine just doesn't sound right with the stock exhaust.

IMG_2133.jpeg

• Like 1

20 hours ago, VEXX said:

Since the 20th of december that my MT has been stopped due to the impounding of the title, so little by little I've been cleaning some things up.

The title was caught because the law in my country suddenly changed and my OEM accesory short licence  plate holder was not legal anymore... That and my akrapovic with cat but not the dbkiller was illegal...

Back to stock... ish... it goes while I wait for an inspection that will take several months to come and a minute to go.

Sold the Titanium / carbon exhaust (the dbkiller was a pain to take out and a bigger pain to go in) and while I waited another titanium akra popped up. So cleansed that and couldn't resist in putting it on. new sticker ordered.

It will have to be replaced for the inspection but a CP2 engine just doesn't sound right with the stock exhaust.

IMG_2133.jpeg

Nice bike dude! That sucks that happened though... I kinda like how they sound from factory I get some occasional exhaust burble shifting from 1st to 2nd and sometimes even during deceleration. Off course how can have "enough" exhaust note right? :P

Today I finally swapped in some 15w fork oil with shorter spacers. Only took like an hour. Can already tell the difference it will make. Ktech razor lite rear shock arrives tomorrow too!

• Like 1