The MT-07 Forum

What did you do to your Yamaha FZ-07 today?

Cruizin

Looped it on my first test and tune run of the day 🤦‍♂️. Tried changing up how I launch and ended up accidentally dumping the clutch. No injuries other than my pride and some aches lol. Bike fared pretty well too considering. Frame, swingarm, and bar end sliders saved the bike from too extensive of damage. Replacement tail light, rear plastics, foot peg, and brake lever have already been ordered. 

IMG_20210328_203457_691.jpg

IMG_20210328_203457_696.jpg

IMG_20210328_203457_699.jpg

IMG_20210328_203457_701.jpg

• Sad 2

Sorry you have had an off but good you are mostly ok. I did something similar when my bike shot forward without me on it!

Just do it! 

12 hours ago, 208MT07 said:

Looped it on my first test and tune run of the day 🤦‍♂️. Tried changing up how I launch and ended up accidentally dumping the clutch. No injuries other than my pride and some aches lol. Bike fared pretty well too considering. Frame, swingarm, and bar end sliders saved the bike from too extensive of damage. Replacement tail light, rear plastics, foot peg, and brake lever have already been ordered. 

IMG_20210328_203457_691.jpg

IMG_20210328_203457_696.jpg

IMG_20210328_203457_699.jpg

IMG_20210328_203457_701.jpg

Glad you're okay dude, that sucks. Hope you can get back to riding it soon! Nice mods btw, I have the same exhaust ordered the carbon fiber looks sick!

Bled the brakes. It was much needed and a quick job with a vacuum bleeder. 

B753BC0B-BF01-460B-86BE-1066895AC53A.jpeg

5E16D0CC-D41E-420F-A4D0-A780CFA08041.jpeg

34EB4445-9769-43F7-B385-7D7C029C8611.jpeg

Edited by JayMT07
  • Like 3

Instagram: @jayparrington 

20 hours ago, JayMT07 said:

Bled the brakes. It was much needed and a quick job with a vacuum bleeder. 

Yep, those photos look like it was time..

Well not today but over the past 2 weeks I did the following:

• Evotech Radiator Guard
  • Spiegler Brake Line Kit
  • EBC HH pads front and rear
  • Bled brakes with Total Racing 600 fluid
  • Yamaha Heated Grips
  • Barkbusters Handlebar Mits
  • FTEcu On-Bike Harness
  • 2WDW tune

Still to do:

• Driven Racing 44T rear sprocket
  • Motodynamic tail tidy
  • Like 1

installed a vstream windshield. with a MRA-X-Creen. works great to cut back the cold. this time of year in Alberta riding in 40 degree weather.

thumbnail.jpeg

• Like 1

Neat.  Is it tall enough to avoid horrible wind noise?  I had a clear fairing not too different from that on my Moto Guzzi, and I had to cut it shorter because the wind broke right at ear level, and the roaring noise was unbearable, even with earplugs.

Edited by Triple Jim

Installed the Givi A2140 Smoke Windscreen, CRG RC2 Shorty Levers in Black to go with my CRG Arrow Mirrors, and did rear LED turn signals to match the fronts.

IMG-7198-1.jpg

IMG-7197-1.jpg

IMG-7199-1.jpg

IMG-7200-1.jpg

• Like 3

I rolled it out of its nice warm garage and started it. First time in a year. Fired up first time.  Going for service and annual MoT test this week. Back on the road!

• Like 1

Just do it! 

I put matte black film on my wind deflector. It appears a bit too dark though. I considered getting 07 put on there to have the look of a number plate. I ordered a Viking tail bag two days ago for her. this will be a much more convenient than using bungee cords to hold my lunch bag to the back of my bike, also i can put a few drinks in there if I choose not to bring my camel pac.

Went to a track day and prepped the bike just a little bit:

-520 conversion ( the oem chain was done) with a front sprocket without the rubber silencing thingy and a supersprox edge with the insert painted red like my ktech shock.

- safety wire here and there 

- designed and made a “velocity stack/ filter cover” for the air filter from spring filter ( too many time filter .. filter 😂)

-removed passenger pegs, mirrors ecc 

Maybe the next time I will disable the abs as it was killing me during the hardest braking and surely I will use rearsets.. I had a titanium screw under each peg as a protection , the head of the screw was 1cm, not less.. at the end of the track day I had consumed down the entire head of the screw and proceeded to file down even the aluminum part  -.-  

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Mad said:

Maybe the next time I will disable the abs as it was killing me during the hardest braking and surely I will use rearsets.. I had a titanium screw under each peg as a protection , the head of the screw was 1cm, not less.. at the end of the track day I had consumed down the entire head of the screw and proceeded to file down even the aluminum part  -.- 

The standard alloy footpegs don't last long when they make contact with the track!

After I fitted rearsets I felt a lot more comfortable on track knowing I could lean as far as the tyres allowed.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, stickshift said:

After I fitted rearsets I felt a lot more comfortable on track knowing I could lean as far as the tyres allowed.

What rearsets are you using ?

Nothing yet but hoping to have some free time to install the HealTech QS. 

554B64F1-ED34-4999-9323-5CE0EEC08570.jpeg

• Like 3

Instagram: @jayparrington 

Civiltechyyc

Bought a new Akrapovic Racing Line Carbon Full Exhaust, new exhaust gaskets and a mail in ECU flash from 2WDW. In about a month I should have a sweet sounding new system!!

• Like 2

On 4/13/2021 at 7:41 AM, Mad said:

Went to a track day and prepped the bike just a little bit:

-520 conversion ( the oem chain was done) with a front sprocket without the rubber silencing thingy and a supersprox edge with the insert painted red like my ktech shock.

- safety wire here and there 

- designed and made a “velocity stack/ filter cover” for the air filter from spring filter ( too many time filter .. filter 😂)

-removed passenger pegs, mirrors ecc 

Can you show us your airbox mods, velocity stack and airbox cover?

On 4/14/2021 at 3:49 AM, JayMT07 said:

Nothing yet but hoping to have some free time to install the HealTech QS. 

554B64F1-ED34-4999-9323-5CE0EEC08570.jpeg

Something I wouldn't mind doing as well..... 

• Like 1

On 4/15/2021 at 9:35 PM, Joaoduarte said:

Can you show us your airbox mods, velocity stack and airbox cover?

Of course 

the airbox cover is the velocity stack 😂

min the picture may not be easy to spot but the curvature is there 

F44A1A9E-4D8A-48A3-B8AA-BF4DCD000A0F.thumb.jpeg.982e0153adc740ea7f53aae84690def3.jpeg

• Like 2

Tried to install my new rear sprocket...stripped the threads in the sprocket nut when torquing the last one. In trying to get the nut off it pulled the stud out of the hub. Need to wait until Monday and hope they have those nuts in stock and will just get new ones all around. Service manual does not say to replace but maybe it is a good thing.

I think they are similar locking design to the main rear axle nut that others have had issue with. I now feel your pain and I am dreading putting that axle nut on.

Last Thursday I finally got my new rear plastics in the mail, and installed them along with the replacement TST tail light. Then on Friday I recieved my Brock's Performance lowering strap and installed it in preparation for racing on Saturday.

PhotoGrid_1618930124298.jpg

• Like 2