The MT-07 Forum

What did you do to your Yamaha FZ-07 today?

Cruizin

Just out of the shop today for a 12k service3

Ohlins rear shock instead of a pogo stick

Battlax S22 replacing s21 with 12k miles on em

vortex chain + front / rear sprockets replacing stock chain with 12k 

New plugs bc mine were shot  

and I have spiegler lines and hh pads coming this week, and I’ll be doing fresh fluids and an oil change as well. 

pretty much a brand new bike that I hope to shred for another 12k!! 

I cannot get over how much better thug thing rides with an actual suspension. It is a night and day difference  

• Like 7

it would be great to be able to test ride a bike with aftermarket suspension before you pony out the dough so you know its worth it. my bike is 100% pogo stick and bouncing into corners although fun seems abit reckless.

Edited by 00RAH

21 hours ago, 00RAH said:

it would be great to be able to test ride a bike with aftermarket suspension before you pony out the dough so you know its worth it. my bike is 100% pogo stick and bouncing into corners although fun seems abit reckless.

There is an MT07 near me on Twisted Road that has the K-Tech suspension.  My intent is to rent it for a day before dropping the money on suspension.  

• Like 2

• 1 month later...

Inspired by cafe racers and ww2 training videos, I flipped my handlebars yesterday and test rode it today. Was a very funny experience. The new position is not terribly uncomfortable. I will leave it as is for the time being. 

20220509_002918.jpg

Edited by 00RAH

Didn’t do anything physically to the bike but I successfully DIDNT get it towed after being a idiot and doing a little wheelie in front of a cop this morning.

Got super lucky. She had just started her training. Her and the guy doing the training where super chill. He even told me my bike looks to good to be on the back of a tow truck, which definitely gave me some warm fuzzies. 

Ride safe out there y’all and don’t be dumb like me.

• Like 1

BruceWayne911

Finally got my bike out the shop today and man it feels like a whole new bike. Added some rearsets, new front forks, rear shock, quickshifter and Corbin seat. After ECU flash and dyno tune my MT-07 is doing 1st gear power wheelies.

This was my first time doing a wheelie and I got it up to about 9oclock. My heart was pounding. I also found a stretch of highway where there is no police and really let loose for top speed. I got it up to 110mph on Google maps GPS. Im 298lbs so if I'm 100lbs lighter I could see the MT-07 getting to 120-125mph.

Finally cleaned the 'ole girl up.  The yellow fluro wheels were black and there was enough bugs splattered to make the headlight dim...  That should last for about a week.  Damn rain in the pre-dawn morning and bugs after sunrise is killing me.

• Like 1

stickshift
On 5/11/2022 at 7:03 PM, BruceWayne911 said:

This was my first time doing a wheelie and I got it up to about 9oclock. My heart was pounding. 

We've all been there!

Make it a habit to cover your rear brake when doing wheelies, just in case. It brings the front down more gently using rear brake than suddenly backing off the throttle.

With your rearsets you should be able to adjust them to suit your boot size and position. 

• Like 1

BruceWayne911
9 hours ago, stickshift said:

We've all been there!

Make it a habit to cover your rear brake when doing wheelies, just in case. It brings the front down more gently using rear brake than suddenly backing off the throttle.

With your rearsets you should be able to adjust them to suit your boot size and position. 

I rode this bike for a whole year and never did a power wheelie. I think upgrading the suspension made the bike more stable for doing wheelies. Before it would constantly bounce up and down for my weight(298lbs). 

It does. When the suspension is right you don't end "wasting" energy by letting it get absorbed by soft suspension, so it wheelies easier. 

That's how those bike life guys pull off a lot of the stuff they do. Look close at some of those bike videos and you notice they crank the shock preload up almost solid. Enduro guys wheelie'ing, the rear suspension cycles a lot. Not so with the bike life homies.

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...

tank is now 'capital yellow' took a few days for paint to dry but its done now and im happy with the result.Gallery.jpg

Edited by 00RAH
yellow fever xD
  • Like 4

• 2 weeks later...
bartman5impson

Rode up the mountains to break in my new tires. This was my first real ride since my crash last month. Completely unexpected rain cut my ride short but at least I got some cool photos.

o.jpg

• Like 8

JB welded my oil plug in super ghetto on account of partzilla waiting 3 weeks to tell me my oil pan won’t be in stock till next month even though it was supposta ship 2 days after I ordered it and I’m about to move…. 

My OCD is already screaming at me

3E6955D7-552E-4DC5-B816-D25724B84529.jpeg

• Haha 1

• 3 weeks later...
On 6/21/2022 at 7:09 PM, Mt707 said:

JB welded my oil plug in super ghetto on account of partzilla waiting 3 weeks to tell me my oil pan won’t be in stock till next month even though it was supposta ship 2 days after I ordered it and I’m about to move…. 

My OCD is already screaming at me

3E6955D7-552E-4DC5-B816-D25724B84529.jpeg

Why did you do this? My guess is you over tightened it and cracked the pan.

Today I put the r6 tube back on

Put cheapo fork preload caps back on

Drew some shark teeth on the tank

6 hours ago, 00RAH said:

Why did you do this? My guess is you over tightened it and cracked the pan.

Today I put the r6 tube back on

Put cheapo fork preload caps back on

Drew some shark teeth on the tank

My brother did it. I didn’t know or have any problems till I did the next oil change and the  plug came out with all the pans threads attached… 

pics of the shark teeth?

Edited by Mt707
  • Like 1

• 1 month later...
imherefortheride

New tires! Dunlop RoadSmart IIIs. Also have a Penske shock waiting for installation:D

IMG20220802120835.jpg

• Like 1

I took the R6 tube back off as the engine was sounding rough as guts with it on. Fork caps are gone too. Bike is feeling alot better now. Today painted abit of the tank black to see how it turns out. will post pic when its dry.

2 hours ago, 00RAH said:

I took the R6 tube back off as the engine was sounding rough as guts with it on. Fork caps are gone too. Bike is feeling alot better now. Today painted abit of the tank black to see how it turns out. will post pic when its dry.

The R6 tube shouldn't make the engine rough unless you didn't adjust it correctly. It is a tight fit unless you adjust for slack from the cable adjuster near the throttle body. Take your time and it should work. I've had mine on for two years without an issue.

I think with the shorter twist you lose some rev range. Anyhow i just couldnt find the sweet spot with the R6 tube, where the revs sound perfect and the bike feels perfect. 2 years is a long time compared to my 2 weeks, Switch yours back to stock n see how it feels. If im not mistaken the R6 is a ride-by-wire job where as the MT is not.

Edited by 00RAH

On 8/18/2022 at 7:48 AM, 00RAH said:

I think with the shorter twist you lose some rev range. Anyhow i just couldnt find the sweet spot with the R6 tube, where the revs sound perfect and the bike feels perfect. 2 years is a long time compared to my 2 weeks, Switch yours back to stock n see how it feels. If im not mistaken the R6 is a ride-by-wire job where as the MT is not.

You might be right about it being twitchier, been so long I can't remember how the stock felt. LOL. The R6 tube I have was not made for ride by wire. I don't know what year I bought but it worked for me without any modifications.

• Like 1

• 4 weeks later...

A few days ago i decided  to swap back to akra exhaust, lo and behold the stock exhaust was only connected by one mount the other mount was just flapping in the breeze. Its $160 for that exhaust stay from memory and was a back order part. so im real glad i didnt lose it again. 

Yesterday I bought a mini air filter for the engine breather pipe n got that setup.

Today i went around the bike with a dirty microfibre cloth polishing it up, and found the rear brake pedal pivot bolt had unwound itself. Its good having a naked bike easy to spot fixes.

Just now, 00RAH said:

: I painted the bike black because I've never seen a black bike before, and to be honest with you, I wanted to see a black bike.”

Screenshot_20220918-085841_Gallery.jpg

I really like that. I wish I could paint. I wanna do mine in all black and leave it on the blue rims but I know for a fact I’d mess up more than once

• Like 1