The MT-07 Forum

What did you do to your Yamaha FZ-07 today?

Cruizin

cookfreeordie89
installed new speedo gauge relocation bracket and windscreen mounts from ripped industries y3mlcpPxIjYVutn6jJZdapEQGwvirmTy3h1Wprv2aunUYsfRBggeTnT0DiHHsgPJe-VXterwTG_TN7SKblR8SO3kXqxnqgHYuT5Xn4TGzzBOXEwb1oJDE6aRusCosQTIL2hEGbTymvA5oHKs2FCa1pCQNsrkp57jmAMQNmeXrFIMwc?width=371&height=660&cropmode=noneo
Where did you buy? Please tell me
i bought them from https://www.facebook.com/Ripped-Industries-255276814587982/  you can PM the page owner and he will give you his email for the pay pal transaction, here is my other thread about the install and more pics fz07.org/thread/5116/ripped-industrys-speedometer-screen-brackets

Guest ChicagoAJ
Apart from the shifter assembly and the handlerbar everything else seems to be cosmetic damage
By shifter assembly do you mean the left footrest combination?  I just got knocked over while parked a few weeks ago (pictures and story later) and the brake assembly got bent into my brand new Yoshi.  Insurance originally came out and said parts and labor were going to run about $2500+ (other panels and even a fork), but after taking off the footrest I noticed the little bracket everything attaches to was bent.  And it's welded to the frame. Totaled.
When looking to replace the footrest combo make sure you know where the damage is so you don't waste Partzilla money on the wrong stuff.
Totaled from getting knocked over?! That's ridiculous!

Just took my poor bike into the dealer to get its first throttle body sync and to inspect rough idle, back fire and hard starts that caused a "check engine light" to come on. At only 800 miles, I doubt anything serious... I hope.

• Global Moderator
Also I think we need a shot of your ignition/key clearance 

JK, I see you have a good shot at http://fz07.org/thread/5116/ripped-industrys-speedometer-screen-brackets

I wish I could get the cluster up and still get to the key under my Givi...
You can....
i have the givi and the cluster relocated to the headlamp

ATGATT... ATTATT, two acronyms I live by.

Guest ChicagoAJ
Just took my poor bike into the dealer to get its first throttle body sync and to inspect rough idle, back fire and hard starts that caused a "check engine light" to come on. At only 800 miles, I doubt anything serious... I hope.
Sounds like they're out of sync. 

That's what I'm hoping, but when I looked up the code, it said SD-13 which is supposedly the "air intake pressure sensor". I guess we'll see when they call me later today. I'll give an update as soon as it's done. The waiting game sucks.

Guest ChicagoAJ
That's what I'm hoping, but when I looked up the code, it said SD-13 which is supposedly the "air intake pressure sensor". I guess we'll see when they call me later today. I'll give an update as soon as it's done. The waiting game sucks.
One of the throttle bodies may be slightly open at idle when it's supposed to be shut. This would cause your symptoms and likely the code. 
  • Like 1

One of the throttle bodies may be slightly open at idle when it's supposed to be shut. This would cause your symptoms and likely the code. 

The guy at the dealer called back and said the air intake pressure sensor did fail and they can't sync the throttle bodies until after the sensor is working properly. Looks like I won't have my bike back until Fri.☹️ Atleast I got confirmation that the warranty will take care of the sensor.
  • Like 1

• Global Moderator
Apart from the shifter assembly and the handlerbar everything else seems to be cosmetic damage
By shifter assembly do you mean the left footrest combination?  I just got knocked over while parked a few weeks ago (pictures and story later) and the brake assembly got bent into my brand new Yoshi.  Insurance originally came out and said parts and labor were going to run about $2500+ (other panels and even a fork), but after taking off the footrest I noticed the little bracket everything attaches to was bent.  And it's welded to the frame. Totaled.
When looking to replace the footrest combo make sure you know where the damage is so you don't waste Partzilla money on the wrong stuff.
You're talking about the silver swingarm pivot plate... correct?

ATGATT... ATTATT, two acronyms I live by.

Guest ChicagoAJ
The guy at the dealer called back and said the air intake pressure sensor did fail and they can't sync the throttle bodies until after the sensor is working properly. Looks like I won't have my bike back until Fri.☹️ Atleast I got confirmation that the warranty will take care of the sensor.
Sorry to hear, at least it didn't happen on a huge ride far away from home!

• Premium Member

-Sliced and added rim-tape
-Washed and waxed
-Rewired all 4 Denali-DM Micros to the high-beam!...Duh

Finally posted pics of my 2nd baby since I bought it over 8 months ago!  :D:D:D

• Like 2

Crush your enemies. See them driven before you. Hear the lamentations of their women.          Fuss Life.

pineappleunderthesea

And where exactly does one buy babies?  Ha.  I'm funny. 

• Premium Member
And where exactly does one buy babies?  Ha.  I'm funny. 
Since you asked, in the park near 118th and 97st. Usually just a straight trade for a large bottle of mouthwash.  
  • Like 2

Crush your enemies. See them driven before you. Hear the lamentations of their women.          Fuss Life.

OK. So my twisted throttle package came in. Barkbuster VPS hand Guards and since I had to spend $50+ for free shipping, a 30L msr fuel bottle with mount. I had to make up a quick custom mount to get it on my rear foot peg bolts. effff1c4dbb20a953d9020140c5c5f73.jpg72e641117bb055df259c9f698b5af672.jpgaadb428dc2225b2b2f11f51ff302ea1b.jpg992b56e7d15a0206e0985cc1b056e6f2.jpg5dac60e42bbfd0be49b39b255372492f.jpg

• Like 7

fzsportbike

Commuted to work, made traffic a breeze.  Turns traffic into nothing, not stressed at all coming home.  Funny how that works. 

• Like 1

Guest ChicagoAJ

@caliesv, is there anywhere else that bottle mounts or is that it? I almost ran out of gas the other day. Can't take my passenger pegs off because my girlfriend is on it every day or so.

@chicagoaj I seen some people mount these under their tail end with a bracket attached to their license plate bracket.

Guest ChicagoAJ
@chicagoaj I seen some people mount these under their tail end with a bracket attached to their license plate bracket.
I'll have to look into this, thanks. 
  • Like 1

I'll have to look into this, thanks. 
Just Google "motorcycle fuel bottle". there's a lot of ideas on there
  • Like 2

• Premium Member
hippiebikerchick

Rode to the Grand Canyon!

• Like 7

Illegitimi non carborundum

• Global Moderator
Rode to the Grand Canyon!
Wow, that sounds like fun. Of course if anything requires photos that is it :)