The MT-07 Forum

What did you do to your Yamaha FZ-07 today?

Cruizin

Reinstalled my newly flashed ECU, started it up for a minute, then didn't get to ride it because I had a production deployment to coordinate :|
Very interested in your opinion on this whole reflash business. 

I had a flash done before they had got the proper flash for the akra ti, didn't run as I had hoped. They had loaded a map for a different pipe on it, but it didn't run too good. Sent it back, and they put the new/ proper flash on it. I only got to ride it once before my accident, but it was a whole new animal. Ran great and pulled really well.
  • Like 1

Put it all back together again! Will post before/after photos soon (of course the flashed ECU won't show, but other things will :) ).

Also changed some fluids. If it rains tomorrow I'll skip the group ride but otherwise I'm looking forward to a great time.

• Like 1

Guest ChicagoAJ

Finally got my MotoDynamic tail light installed and it's awesome. Very bright, love the stop warning, and the sequential blinker is neato.

Also washed it for the first time and readjusted my headlight.

• Like 2

Picked up a used Evotech passenger footpegs delete kit from @lldemonll . Got it in the mail today and put it on the bike, easiest install. Have to say they look great on the ride and clean up the look nicely. Appreciate @lldemonll for maintaining the brackets well and being true to their word about the quality of used part!

2vtnu3d.jpg

9azbrd.jpg

• Like 3

'15 Pearl White FZ-07 | Yoshi R77 Exhaust | ECU Reflash | Mad Hornets Shorty Levers | EvoTech Rad Guard | Yamaha Comfort Saddle | TST Industries Integrated Taillight | Motodynamics Fender Eliminator | Yamaha OEM Front LED Signals | Phillips MaxVision 130+ Bulb | OES Front/Rear Axle Sliders | Driven Racing TT Rearsets | Woodcraft 1.5" Clip-Ons | Woodcraft Engine & Water Pump Crash Cover | OEM Motocage Cage | LEDGlow SMD Mini Advanced Lighting Kit | Gilles Tooling Gauge Relocation Kit |

I'll be going with the CustomLED Blaster-X Integrated LED Tail Lights. Any Northern VA folks here run into any problems with passing state inspections with integrated tail lights only?

• Premium Member
Reinstalled my newly flashed ECU, started it up for a minute, then didn't get to ride it because I had a production deployment to coordinate :|
Hoping to take her out for a longish ride today.  So far, due to other commitments and crappy weather I've only rode her around the block.  One thing I did notice was that there is no hesitation whatsoever in acceleration -- it is instantaneous -- something I'll have to retrain my brain and right wrist to handle.  (to be fair I don't know how much of that is from the flash and how much from the R6 throttle tube I installed at the same time)   
As far as engine braking, it is still pretty darned severe in 1st and 2nd gear at lower RPMs.  Maybe other riders are used to taking corners in higher gears, but I usually downshift to 2nd so I still really notice a crapload of engine braking.  After I put in some more miles I'll give you a better review.
  • Like 3

Guest 2wheeler

So I installed my mirror extenders and went for a ride.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Yamaha-CNC-Mirrors-Riser-Extender-Adaptor-MT-01-03-TDM-900-MT-07-MT-09-FZ-09-/280640301520

What a concept - being able to see behind you when riding a FZ-07!!!

I must admit, I did miss seeing my elbows, but I'll get over it :D

Next will be to play with 2" blind spot mirrors. I've been driving cars/trucks for over 20 year exclusively with add-on blind spot mirrors. Can't begin to tell you how many collosions I avoided as a result of them. I'm not sure how well they will work on the FZ - I'll let everyone know.

Last thought, I went for a 80 mile ride today with a semi-big group of folks who rode fairly slowish. This was actually great for me as I have only put on maybe 35 miles on my bike since I put the R6 throttle tube on. Riding with these folks really taught me how to modulate that throttle. Having said that, it is actually really easy to ride with the R6 tube. You can easily accelerate at a normal/sane pace, but have the devil there at your beckon call.

• Like 2

I just got my reflashed ecu installed and took it out for a ride yesterday. I already had an EJK installed and that made a huge difference from stock. The ecu flash blows EJK out of the water. The smoothness, power delivery, and general feel is perfect. I could not come up with a complaint if I tried. Also I can do third gear power wheelies now. This is the best mod I've purchased to date.
  • Like 5

@goob yep I'm with you on the seat cover! Ever since I put the kit on yesterday I'm now looking at rear huggers and seat covers to streamline the look lol. I have the comfort seat in my bike yes, but it's not vastly different from the stock seat. It does provide a bit more cushioning but not a day/night difference from stock. I like the comfort seat more for the look with the stitching, and that the material keeps you from moving around in the seat way better.

• Like 1

'15 Pearl White FZ-07 | Yoshi R77 Exhaust | ECU Reflash | Mad Hornets Shorty Levers | EvoTech Rad Guard | Yamaha Comfort Saddle | TST Industries Integrated Taillight | Motodynamics Fender Eliminator | Yamaha OEM Front LED Signals | Phillips MaxVision 130+ Bulb | OES Front/Rear Axle Sliders | Driven Racing TT Rearsets | Woodcraft 1.5" Clip-Ons | Woodcraft Engine & Water Pump Crash Cover | OEM Motocage Cage | LEDGlow SMD Mini Advanced Lighting Kit | Gilles Tooling Gauge Relocation Kit |

• Premium Member
I just got my reflashed ecu installed and took it out for a ride yesterday. I already had an EJK installed and that made a huge difference from stock. The ecu flash blows EJK out of the water. The smoothness, power delivery, and general feel is perfect. I could not come up with a complaint if I tried. Also I can do third gear power wheelies now. This is the best mod I've purchased to date

Agreed -- I was in the same boat -- I left my EJK on just in case I want to further fine tune things for different conditions, but for now it is set to 0% fueling changes.

Took her out for a longer ride today, and the one thing I can say is: smooooth. The throttle transitions on and off are now like butter, not jerky like before. The engine braking is still there, but lessened quite a bit. In 4th gear I can take my right hand off the throttle entirely and the bike just slows down gradually, not like before when there would be a pronounced jerk.

All in all it makes me feel like a much more confident rider. The previously jerky throttle was beginning to make me question my skill there for awhile.

And one last thing: maybe it was just psychological, or maybe my foamies were just perfectly seated today, but I could swear the whole bike was quieter overall -- still growls like a banshee when you get on it, but cruising sounded much quieter.

Now I just have to retrain my brain and hands to blip the throttle better on downshifts with this R6 tube and the smoother and more instant acceleration, because I'm a bit jerky with it now.

Thumbs up, for sure. If I had known what I know now I probably would have skipped the EJK (but to be fair, Dobeck gave me a smokin deal on the combo and it was hard to pass up)
  • Like 6

Yesterday, I got around to installing an Evotech Performance Tail Tidy and Radiator Protector.  Installed a Motodynamics smoked integrated LED tail light and paired it with a set of TST low profile blinkers for side coverage.  Also installed a TST flasher relay.  Finally, I installed a GIVI Tanklock mount and XS307 bag.  I used a set of stock signal wire splitters from and adapters from TST for all the connections including the plate light so I didn't have to hack into the factory wiring at all.  Pleased with the results...

20160507_091233.jpg

20160507_101049.jpg

20160507_101115.jpg

20160507_101138.jpg

20160507_165604.jpg

20160507_165614.jpg

[video src=http://vid1118.photobucket.com/albums/k617/ChadJCyr/2015%20Yamaha%20FZ-07/20160507_165718.mp4]

20160507_165638.jpg

Cheers,
Chad

• Like 3

- Chad

Current:
2015 Yamaha FZ-07 in Red/Black

Past:
2009 Suzuki GSX-R600 Orange/Black
2006 Suzuki GSX-R600 Blue/White

@Chadjcyr, I'm waiting for my Blaster-X integrated tail lights and have been contemplating on that same combination with a flush mount set up! Looks good!

• Like 1

This was yesterday, I cleaned my tire chain/conditioned my leather coat. 

I also installed some Running Lights on the side of my FZ07

http://i1188.photobucket.com/albums/z403/stormtroopertrav/IMG_4133_zpshleyc7pg.jpg

These are the same LED's off the Yoshimura Fender Eliminator. The I had an extra sitting around (I had an extra from when i was rear ended)

I took off the LED's and used them as Running Lights.. Not too Shabby 

http://i1188.photobucket.com/albums/z403/stormtroopertrav/IMG_4134_zpsywm97tkm.jpg

http://i1188.photobucket.com/albums/z403/stormtroopertrav/IMG_4135_zpshjau8toq.jpg

• Like 1

I just got my reflashed ecu installed and took it out for a ride yesterday. I already had an EJK installed and that made a huge difference from stock. The ecu flash blows EJK out of the water. The smoothness, power delivery, and general feel is perfect. I could not come up with a complaint if I tried. Also I can do third gear power wheelies now. This is the best mod I've purchased to date
Agreed -- I was in the same boat -- I left my EJK on just in case I want to further fine tune things for different conditions, but for now it is set to 0% fueling changes. 
Took her out for a longer ride today, and the one thing I can say is: smooooth. The throttle transitions on and off are now like butter, not jerky like before. The engine braking is still there, but lessened quite a bit. In 4th gear I can take my right hand off the throttle entirely and the bike just slows down gradually, not like before when there would be a pronounced jerk.

All in all it makes me feel like a much more confident rider. The previously jerky throttle was beginning to make me question my skill there for awhile.

And one last thing: maybe it was just psychological, or maybe my foamies were just perfectly seated today, but I could swear the whole bike was quieter overall -- still growls like a banshee when you get on it, but cruising sounded much quieter.

Now I just have to retrain my brain and hands to blip the throttle better on downshifts with this R6 tube and the smoother and more instant acceleration, because I'm a bit jerky with it now.

Thumbs up, for sure. If I had known what I know now I probably would have skipped the EJK (but to be fair, Dobeck gave me a smokin deal on the combo and it was hard to pass up)

The the noise level difference is not your imagination. I totally had the same experience, it definitely sounds quieter at the same RPMs that it sounded much louder at before. I find myself thinking I'm going 50 or 60 based on the engine sound and gear, but I looked down and I'm doing 70 or 80.

• Premium Member

The the noise level difference is not your imagination. I totally had the same experience, it definitely sounds quieter at the same RPMs that it sounded much louder at before. I find myself thinking I'm going 50 or 60 based on the engine sound and gear, but I looked down and I'm doing 70 or 80.
I've got to assume that is because of the increase in power, we are now able to reach higher speeds at the same RPM (and subsequently lower RPMs at the same speed as before)

• Global Moderator

@so1102, I am not sure that computes. The gear and sprockets would dictate the rpm for a given speed. I cannot see that the rpm could differ. Maybe the engine not having to work as hard due to better fueling might be the cause of the lower noise. I definitely need to get mine flashed.

• Like 1

• Premium Member
@so1102 , I am not sure that computes. The gear and sprockets would dictate the rpm for a given speed. I cannot see that the rpm could differ. Maybe the engine not having to work as hard due to better fueling might be the cause of the lower noise. I definitely need to get mine flashed.
You're probably right -- I'm an idiot :)

Finally found a company that makes a grab handle for the FZ 

Looks like they could be good for anchoring side bags, too.
  • Like 1

btimothy4
@btimothy4 , link?
http://www.ebay.com/itm/New-Rear-Passenger-Seat-Grab-Bar-Hand-Rail-For-Yamaha-MT-07-MT07-2013-2015-/391408257433?var=&hash=item5b21c00999:m:mYH9X3BKlC3K_NIJs_YyrXw&vxp=mtr 
Took about a 10 days to get here - usually don't like to buy china based products, but its really well made. Took my daughter for a ride this am and she really happy with how it felt. Also gives me a nice place to bungee my gym bag to.
  • Like 2

• Premium Member
@btimothy4 , link?
http://www.ebay.com/itm/New-Rear-Passenger-Seat-Grab-Bar-Hand-Rail-For-Yamaha-MT-07-MT07-2013-2015-/391408257433?var=&hash=item5b21c00999:m:mYH9X3BKlC3K_NIJs_YyrXw&vxp=mtr 
Took about a 10 days to get here - usually don't like to buy china based products, but its really well made. Took my daughter for a ride this am and she really happy with how it felt. Also gives me a nice place to bungee my gym bag to.
Any chance you could post a pic of how they're mounted under the pillion? Thanks 
  • Like 1

Crush your enemies. See them driven before you. Hear the lamentations of their women.          Fuss Life.